The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Cotton On Group Employee Review

Body Department

31 March 2014
Usually opening is the easiest part of the day, cash in making sure all tills equal to last nights figures and store is clean, tidy ready for the day. Handling phone calls, stationary orders and stock all in the morning is fun and customers love seeing new stock out. I have worked management hours before and also handled half of the responsibilities management give during the months we had no manager for the store. Co-workers are amazing, everyone gets along and helps out with rack up, customers and house keeping. i'll have to say its the team work that makes the store. The hardest part of the job was busy public holidays or late nights, because you never know how much can go missing , not enough fitting rooms, restocking shelves and tables and racks really fast so we are not low on anything, and finally cashing up at the end of the day can be a challenge. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, beating targets, stock and House Keeping.
Pros
50% discount on products or items
Cons
Long Hours
12 December 2019
very fun, fast-paced, exciting due to new things occurring daily, friendly helpful staff. the staff look after you too when dodgy characters enter store
Pros
50% off storewide
22 April 2019
Typical day at work would entail 8-9 hour shift. Primarily cashier work, dressing room work, racking clothes and putting out new stock. Learned how to further develop time management and communication skills, as well as problem solving.
Management overall pleasant to work with. Listened to employee needs and requests and lenient on things such as water breaks, bathroom breaks, etc. However also firm and assertive. Hardest part of job was dealing with problematic, rude or unreasonable customers. However overall good work experience and did not encounter many customers that were too unreasonable. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and hold conversations with the customers and serve customers needs and satisfy desires.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Long hours on slow days
1 March 2020
I loved working with customers
I learnt how to style and help customers pick suitable clothing for themselves

Loved the staff members

We would sometimes get customers that were hard to handle but we managed to handle them in a suitable manner
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Cons for me
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.