The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand100 reviews
Good first time experience
Good first time job, but not for the long run. easy interview very relaxed, general questions. Hard to extend hours or to experience other roles to advance career
Fun workplace
A typical day in Cotton on was fun and chilled yet it did get busy fast which required quite abit of hard work, overall, the culture and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new and exciting poeple everyday.
Pros
Retail experience
Cons
standing up
Fun Work place
Cotton On is a great company to work for, as everyone is so friendly and caring and i think that is the most important thing when working a team.

I gained so many skills over the years of working in the company and these skills have made me feel so much more confident as a person.
Pros
friendly people, free dinner at store meeting.
Cons
Long Hours and non reliable shifts
productive and fun place to work
Cotton on has its own approach to the competition and always try to find ways to stay ahead of everyone in the industry. It is comprised of a multicultural individuals.
Pros
Discount cards up to 50%
Cons
Cotton On was a very fun and exciting place to work
A typical day at work would include folding clothing, greeting and helping customers, working on the cashier and in the stock room unpackaging clothing and bringing new items into the store along with making sure the store is clean and tidy. The hardest part of the job for me would have been trying to learn where all the different items were in the store, this is as they changed around the layout quite often and it was a reasonably big store, however I got the hang of it in the end. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been getting to work with fun and energetic people who gave you a permanent smile on your face for the rest of the day.
Pros
Generous staff discount on Cotton On stock
Good company
I worked for the company for over 8 years from roles to brands. I enjoyed my time spent there even with everything in the media they were an amazing company!! What you read isn't always true .. I can under stand some people may have been mistreated or what ever, but they put the company as a "whole" down ! Sometimes it's just some "people" which I believe isn't a reflect of the company but the person !! I learnt so much and am forever greatful !!
Pros
Amazing staff discount ! I can never look at full price the same way
Cons
Not really many but staff area could be better
Fun workplace
Company is full of energy that eveyday is a new day with ideas that flows around the company, that is shared gloabally to keep the excitement and the joyful feeling alive.
Everyday workoing for the company, theres always something new exciting to do, from dressing up to face painting, of course from the professionals, giving away fun packs for the kids to take home and also free goodies on big day events. Cotton On group is so divers, that we tend to learn new things every of different cultures and just the fact that each individual has something to offer interanlly is amazing. the Cotton on group is more like family instead of a company.
Pros
Funful events weekly to keep the kids and parents entertained.
Cons
No cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Loved working here even though it was only for 4 weeks. i learned a lot and have taken away life changing skills. I made life long friends and learned the importance of retail assistance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Cotton On Group?
Active and enjoyable workplace
On a typical day of work there would be customers continuously in the store, so we would attend them by giving them the right size of clothing or help them out in the changing rooms. The tidying of the area of the store that we were assigned to was required and was constantly kept clean. The environment of this workplace was very enjoyable and pleasant as all the other workers were very friendly, and would always be willing to help each other out. I have learned to be very patient in any kind of situation as we would have to interact with each customer in a different way. The most enjoyable part of the job was the accepting members of the workplace and the satisfaction of being able to please the customers with their purchase.
fast paced, fun work environment
I enjoy working here. I started as a Christmas Casual in early November, and now been asked to stay on for a shift or 2 each week permanently.

The team and environment of the company is great, I felt included and was trained well to gain experience with customers and customer service.

Typical day, I would make the store look tidy, talk to/greet customers, put out stock and handle the till.

I see management frequently as they visit the store, they are a little bit intimidating, but overall nice people.
Pros
great team and environment, 50% staff discount
Cons
short shifts for normal days (not christmas time)
Underpaid and bad hours
When I worked at Typo Northlands I was underpaid and only got 3 hours every two weeks which was disappointing, and is the reason I left.
Good work place
Tawa cotton on outlet shop was a good place for my first work experience, I made a lot of good friends and the environment there is so good and happy 😊 I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a happy good vibe 😊
Pros
Good hours
Good days and Bad
I really enjoyed working for this company however I never liked one person I was working with and my job was not secure even when I was working hard.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Job security
Fun environment and excellent benefits
Fun team to work with. Excellent staff benefits. Management could be better. Being in retail taught me how to be patient, especially in dealing with a range of customer queries.
Pros
excellent discounts
Cons
instability
Great Fun company
Best work environment ive been in. Great people to work for and enjoyed serving customers and helping create great sales.
Part-Time
selling products, customer service, making sure store is tidy, till work, web orders, opening and closing the store.

How to make a sale, dealing with customers needs, keeping store tidy and formal, dealing with deliveries, online orders,

Management was always good and organised

Co-workers were really nice, helping and worked as a team

Carrying deliveries because most of the boxes were heavy and there was always a big load of stock coming in three or four times a week

Enjoyed the work team and the customers
Pros
Good work team and discounts
Cons
not enough hours
A Place to learn skills as a High School Student
Some days busy, some not at all.
Management was not as good as the job that I had following SUPRE. Lovely caring co-workers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very short lunch breaks
Great people
Loved working with different cultures. Everyday is am experience. Awesome staff and support system. I relocated to Australia and was offered my job back if I was to return up to 5 years. Love the culture and the people/ Like one big family.
Productive and awesome workplace.
Was an amazing place to work. I wish my contract wasn't only casual. I will be definitely applying for jobs for stores within the Cotton On group again.
Pros
50% Staff Discount on 20 items a month
Cons
4 hour shifts only had 10 minute breaks, 20 would've be nice.
Great friendly environment. Was a great place to learn all the inns and outs of retail. I would definitely love to work there again.
Productive and welcoming enviroment
Work hard and get nothing.

You get no recognition for your efforts.

Part timers do full time hours and don't get the full time perks.

Overall, the warehouse people are the ones that make the company worthwhile. A mix of cultures, hard workers and full of humour.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Rate. No Air con.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.