The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand100 reviews
Good first time experience
Good first time job, but not for the long run. easy interview very relaxed, general questions. Hard to extend hours or to experience other roles to advance career
sales assistant
i enjoyed my time here everything with this workplace id love to be back to work for them again. i learnt many things and was driven for future goals from hearing other peoples experiance with them.
Pros
great team discounts
Cons
long hours, triple shifts were asked
Good
A typical day at work involves looking after customers and providing the best customer experience possible. It would also include meeting store KPI targets and stock control.
Pros
Enjoyable working with people
Cons
fun workplace and awesome co-workers
cotton on was a really good place to work at because everyone got along with each other, always felt loved and I felt like I belonged there. it was a fun environment and customers loved us.
Opening of Auckland Cotton Adult
Cashing in tills
filling out daily books

unpacking boxes

servicing customers

clearing store

This company is a high demand company as they have targets to reach every hour
Happy and loving environment
working at cotton on was amazing. My asistant manager helped me constantly with my customer service skills and was really suppourtive. the most enjoyable part was workingwith such amazing people! i would go back in a heart beat!.
Pros
generous discounts.
Cons
fortnightly pay
Fun positive work place
Overall the Cotton On Brand is a awesome work place. You are always busy and there is always something to do in the shop.

You need to be very versatile and need to be able to do many activities such as cleaning the store, till sales, customer service, stocking the shop, visual merchandise.
Pros
Staff Discounts, Christmas food presents
Cons
Not allowing enough time to close store
Great Environment, Good Team.
Customer service.
Alone in the store 4 or more hours before the next person comes in.

learnt how to manage and run the store, how to work and create a positive atmosphere and work well with the team.

I felt like I was working harder then needed and never got any gratitude.
Cotton On Group
Typical day at work would be doing stock in the mornings, greeting every customer that enters the store. When serving offering Charity items or promotional add ons, Cleaning up the store. I love working with the cotton on team, you get along with everyone and often your age group. The best thing about cotton on is flexible hours if you attend University or school and definitely the discounts.
Fun fashionable environment
I have always wanted to work in retail as I am highly into fashion.

I was given this opportunity as a position was available for a Retail Assistant.

Enjoyed the employers company etc and enjoyed working in this fun environment of customer service.
Pros
Engaging with customers offering style advice etc
good for first time retail
it was okay working with cotton on. very good to boost your work experience. management was not good at the time. the manager working for cotton on kids at the time was not present at work as she was having personal problems which lead to her not being at work almost the whole period i was there so all management was put onto a co worker. hardest part of the job was handing the cashier the training for that was very poor.
Pros
good staff discounts
Cons
not enough training
Productive and fun workplace
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the customers very well, helping out the customers and getting along with work friends. I've always wanted to work in a clothing retail store so hopefully i get accepted and work really hard to get Manager. A typical day at work will be customers not really liking it at the store
Average.
Did not really like how some of the staff treat you, long hours and sometimes if you work 10 hours you will have to take your break all at once instead of taking two or three breaks throughout the day/evening.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Random long hours, on call, some staff members are rude.
Brilliant life experience!!
This is a challenging job but not without rewards. I have learn a lot from my manager and the job itself. All from people management to KPI, GP, etc. I've worked with people from all walks of life and we worked very well as a team. Have widen my experience in retail operation and management skills with also knowledge of volume trades.

There isn't any hard part of the job mainly beneficial and enjoyable one where I get to work with all the lovely team members; supporting each other and making sure we all succeed as a team.
Pros
Work life balance is encourage in the company thus I have gym training everyday after work
Cons
No a creative role that I'm looking for but benefit a lot from the role
Most unprofessional company
Cares little about their employees. Is happy to have part-timers managing shifts and other part-timers for the same salary. Used to have a time and a quarter wage on Sundays, but suddenly after years revoked that. Company is extremely unorganised especially in its delegation of tasks. No employee not on salary can expect to get a consistent number of hours because the company hires more staff than hours they have to give, in order to have backup staff, who most of the time only get 3 hours a fortnight. A true example of maximising company profits, minimising employee benefits. The only benefit is the 50% off merchandise discount, limited to 20 items a month for part-timers, however this is not given without some benefit to the company, the discount means that employees will buy the products, putting money in their pockets and wear the clothes to work therefore promoting the brand to customers. The company attempts to promote a series of values to its employees, none of which are actually demonstrated by the brand.
Excellent Vibe & Excitement
I enjoyed working at Supre as it's such an ongoing vibe within the store. The clothing, co-workers,music and all teams are full of fun!!
Fun Vibe
its fun depending on the people you work with but good company
Pros
affordable clothing
Cons
consist of long hours when required
Fun Out Going Company
I loved working in Cotton On because you were dealing with clothes that is services to customers. You advertise what you wear to customer, and customer always asks how to put a look on weather its for business, birthdays, casual or even high important events.

Ive learned the management side of the business such as targets, KPI's, visual merchandising, health and safety, customer relations. and more admin work
cheap
My pay was under minimum wage for the total of three years I worked there. Was made to work for free some nights due to messy store, doing Visual Merchandising and having to clean up till early mornings not getting paid.
Fun enjoyable place to work with friendly staff
A good day at work, learning new things and seeing the positive reaction on different customers everyday, feeling satisfied and happy with the product I have sold them. Its great having committed and friendly co-workers by your side daily. The most enjoyable part of the job would be serving the customers and making them happy.
Pros
learning new things, meeting new people
Productive and fun workplace
It was fun but not much hours. Typical day if working in retail side is food handling and customer service
Pros
Free lunches, free passes to rugby games
Cons
On call work only
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.