The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand100 reviews
Good first time experience
Good first time job, but not for the long run. easy interview very relaxed, general questions. Hard to extend hours or to experience other roles to advance career
meh
it was okay, only enjoyed it during the christmas and busy periods because there would be more than person working other than that it was dreadful almost.
Pros
50% off discount across all the cotton on groups stores
Cons
had to take breaks as one whole, working a late night solo
Body Department
Usually opening is the easiest part of the day, cash in making sure all tills equal to last nights figures and store is clean, tidy ready for the day. Handling phone calls, stationary orders and stock all in the morning is fun and customers love seeing new stock out. I have worked management hours before and also handled half of the responsibilities management give during the months we had no manager for the store. Co-workers are amazing, everyone gets along and helps out with rack up, customers and house keeping. i'll have to say its the team work that makes the store. The hardest part of the job was busy public holidays or late nights, because you never know how much can go missing , not enough fitting rooms, restocking shelves and tables and racks really fast so we are not low on anything, and finally cashing up at the end of the day can be a challenge. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, beating targets, stock and House Keeping.
Pros
50% discount on products or items
Cons
Long Hours
Productive fun work place
A typical day at Cotton on would be to do SOD (start of day) on the tills and fill out the daily planner for job tasks to do that day. Would then open the store and start serving customers. Through out the day we would do multiple boxes of stock, serve many customers, help customers out with clothing, sizing, accessorizing, cleaning the store then cashing up end of day.
I learned amazing customer service, how to use the register, how to cash up end of day and start of day, banking, stock, stock transfers etc.

Management and co workers are so easy to get along with!

The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.

The hardest part of the job is keeping the store up to cotton on standard if the store was busy or we had a lot to do that day. Store cleanliness is the the main priority.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
On your feet all day, hard work, long hours, over time.
Typical day
Since being a cotton on . Is so crazy . You learn so much . The people are so awesome . Its just a typical fun family environment.
Cons
40+ hours
Disciplined yet fun to work as the diverse group of people you work with made it interesting. Constantly on the go
Working in retail was not at all what i was expecting especially for a first time real job. The job consists of being on the go with something to do weather its re hanging or folding clothes to unpacking 5 boxes within an hour and having to put it back where it belongs out on the store floor, This is not as easy as it looks but the motivation/ criticism feedback we receive from our store manager definitely helped shaped us into being the best and improving our skills in order to do our job and keep it too. Work always had its ups and downs but the team was amazing, was always up to complete tasks but in a way that it didn't seem like you were at work making work enjoyable
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new things eg stock and budget, helping charity as we include it the purchases customers make.
Cons
longer hours, location was a bit difficult for me.
it was a proactive and fun lace to work at
it was an amazing experience to be able to work there. day at work is fun everything is creative. i have learned a lot from factorie i have learned to be more up beat about stuff, always smile at costumers. the management was amazing, she was rightly picked for the job. the hardest part about the job was leaving. most enjoyable time was having to put a smile on costumers faces when they leave the store
Fun And Eventful
This as a first job prepared me for the work environment, and got me ready for early mornings!! The hardest Part of the Job was gaining the confidence to approach customers and talk easily to them, but over time i got the hang of it and i very comfortably can talk to customers now. The most enjoyable part of this job is defiantly helping people find the perfect gift for loved ones, and really selling the products within the company. A typical day at work is just to greet customers with a polite open greeting/question and making sure to squeeze a promotional deal into the conversation. Throughout the job i have learnt customer service and how to organize successfully.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
there is none!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Cotton On Group?
Slow paced, busy during weekends
Greet customers.

Rackup product.

Smiles all round all day long.

Quiet, serious co workers.

Enjoyed the incentives received whilst working in retail.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Min Wage
Exploitative, Sinister, Lying, Underpaying Company that sell slave made trash.
I was routinely underpaid by this company, and when you're getting six hours a week at minimum wage that hurts. We were lied to and coerced into submission. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Cons
No hours, low pay, awful product
Excellent company with great rewards
I have worked with this company for 5 years and within each year I have gained a lot of excellent reviews from all departments. Nominated for employee of the quarterly, to where I was rewarded a company fully paid trip to Australia.
Pros
Excellent rewards, free lunchies all provided by the company
Cons
Excellent Company to work for with great opportunities.
Productive and excellent variety of job opportunities. 50 % discount on all product. Management will assess what is best for you, if your circumstances change due to unforseen matters
Pros
Monthly shared lunch with all members, working with this organisation
fun working place
was great working here and much fun, had lots of fun with people :)
Fun Place
Loved working with fun, loving, caring people. Management could of improved in a few areas but overall it was an awsome place to work in and meet new people.
Pros
working with great people
Retail
I enjoy working on quiet days an mostly buisy days.
I like selling the poducts that are given and to see it as a working goal to sell all work products. I enjoy communicating with people and making new friends.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Alot of hours to work.
Supre
Supre wasnt what I expected when I took the job I got offered. I did not receive a contract, and that is why I ended up leaving Supre. The managment was a shambles there. The co-workers on the other hand were great people to work with and made the environment better. The music made the atmosphere upbeat and the bonuses we got from work were even better.
Pros
Free gear, Vouchers.
Cons
Hours I was promised and didnt get, the organisation of the shop
Cotton On - One of the best jobs but one of the worst!
5 bad things
1) no respect from the managment - treat you like a child

2) work overtime but giving you like a 10 minute notice

3) threatning you to work - they tell you its part of your contract to do as they say

4) give you hardly no hours

5) never listen to you

3 good things

1) good pay / benefits

2)zitch

3)zitch

only 1 good part of the job.

they teach you the basics of retail but never take you to the next step.
benefits
Cons
My experience at Cotton On could have been much better.
While I was working at Cotton On, there were many faults with the store, let alone my work colleagues. There was a feel tension between others which affected majority of the staff. While I was there, management was slack in regards to training, considering the constant mistakes made by the newbies. Although, there were positive aspects of Cotton On, which was the constant need to keep working or keeping busy.
Pros
gaining some experience, and some skills in the work force
Cons
bad overview on management for clothing stores
Fun work place
Learned and developed good customer service skills, was chosen to be stockroom assistant. Hardest part of the job was when i got taught to run shifts after the first go i felt more comfortable. Most enjoyable part of the job was that i got paid to talk to customers.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
long days
Everyday I would greet customers into the store, ask if their ok?, and helping customers find the product they want. The most thing I enjoyed about Cotton On Kids was meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short hours