The Hartford

The Hartford Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Showing all 2,041 reviews

Great Place to work. and Great people to

Enjoy my time working with Hartford it was also room to grown in learning new things It was a place were you could grow. Great place to work.

Pros

Gret Lunch

Cons

Need Great Healthcare

Benefits and in need of job, overall stressful and training sucks

Training was very uneasy for me. It was too fast pace and they then throw you onto the phones be day learn that content then next day learn new content and apply the past lessons and go on, it’s not user friendly and not worth my stress or health

Fast paced and stressful

This is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and make you feel appreciated. However, the call center producer role was very stressful. Every aspect of your day was a metric to be measured.

Takes great care of their employees

I have never worked for a company that was so focused on the well being of their employees. The pay and benefits are mazing. The intense training is top notch. I will retire from this company.

Great company and people

Awesome place to work and the best products to sell. Strong culture that allows you to have a great work life balance. You do have great support from leadership and opportunities for career advancement.

Great company for a career

I worked here for 27 years and loved my career here. The Hartford treated me well and I got to move around a lot. I had 13 jobs within those years and most of them were because I wanted to move. A few were because of reorgs but the opportunities were great. I took over 100 courses in education over my tenure there and there were lots of opportunities to give back to the community in the surrounding area too.

Pros

Great bosses because they were trained and hired well

Cons

Too many reorgs for my taste

Ability to work 100% remote.

Great company. The only downside is it can feel big and bureaucratic sometimes. But that is pretty typical for any company of this size. I feel very fortunate that I was able to build a career at The Hartford.

Good experience

Good place to work. Learned a lot. Good bonuses. Good time off. Support and training was provided to help learn and grow in position. I recommend working there.

Legacy systems

In general, the people are friendly and helpful. The work itself though is not that interesting, as many legacy systems are dependent on old technology like VB.NET, and there is a great deal of technical debt.

Great benefits good place to work

They have great benefits and it was a good place to work. I enjoyed my time there but wanted tome up and there weren't any opportunities that presented themself.

I love it it’s amazing management works for you easy to move up and explore different departments. Decent pay and very transparent about everything in the company.

You get what you give

After 30 years. I was let go at age 58. I love the company, great people, great pay, great opportunities especially if you are self-motivated. But…layoffs are always a background threat. You may get passed by year after year but seems we all get caught eventually especially as you get older but not just the oldest. I believe if your pay is high and they can do it cheaper some other way, they will let you go. Their bottom line is their bottom line, but you are treated well. Just stay valuable to them and you’ll go a long way.

Pros

Lots of great opportunities and some great extra benefits. They listen to you and include you.

Cons

Not all management is created equal. Some are great some not so much.

Great place to work!

I love working at The Hartford. The company promotes inclusivity and stresses the importance of a work-life balance. Working remotely allows me the flexibility to work and be present for my children's recitals and school activities. It is a positive work environment without the toxic backstabbing and bickering that I have experienced in other places. I truly feel that my work is valued within my team and throughout the company. My one complaint is that the health insurance is not the greatest for people that require a lot of medical care and prescriptions. While the premium is lower than what I have paid with other employers the coverage isn't great. The highest plan is more of a co-insurance which requires more out of pocket costs.

Excellent place to work. Bonuses are great. Raises are low in comparison to other companies. Not many opportunities for growth within the clinical area

Terrible culture no work life balance

They took bonuses away but in turn gave tons more work. Calls are horrible. Culture is horrible leads to mental stress and anxiety. No work life balance.

Great place to work!

Work life balance at the Hartford is second to none. If friendly work environment and supports of teammates are what you are looking for in an employer, this is the place for you!

Pros

On-site fitness center, private park, flexible work arrangement, work life balance, free parking in downtown Hartford.

Some management need training

Management at loggerheads not a good example. Not much link up with offices. Would not recommend. Good D & I program. Culture re management fighting is not a good place.

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Some management are terrible

Excellent Workplace Culture

Excellent workplace culture where you feel valued as an individual and are granted high flexibility. Team is dedicated to supporting each other to get the work done.Upward mobility is difficult in some departments and bonuses/promotions aren't always granted based on merit. Pay & benefits are on the lower end, they display a pay scale on job descriptions but internal offers often come in on the lower end of that scale. Overall, great place to work but compensation isn't very competitive.

Overall Great Place to Work!

I enjoyed my time at The Hartford. My manager(s) were great, understanding and knowledgeable. They definitely cared about your performance and how they can help at all times. Expectations were set and you were given the tools to meet them. I can only speak for myself, but my manager was definitely top tier and went out the way for myself and my teammates in whatever way we asked.

Pros

Flexibility and Remote

Cons

Pay & Lack of Movement

Great company

Good Company to work for - cares about veterans and special needs individuals. No reservation about working there. If desired, apply for a job there.

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Hybrid

Nice place to work

It is a call center environment, so expect to be taking calls most of the day. Mondays are the busiest. You're mostly dealing with older customers about automotive/home insurance so patience is key. I appreciated that the company trained you well and encouraged you to be the best at your job. Learning is continuous and I know at least within our team, you're rewarded for good work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hartford. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Hartford