The Just Group Employee Reviews

Would not recommend.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New Zealand6 September 2019
i have worked with the just group for over a year (NZ based). When i first joined the group i enjoyed the work for the first 3 months. The job itself is fun, however, i would not reccomend working for The Just Group. This is due to staffing issues, extremely poor management skills from regionals and a lack of support. The feeling in this company is that there is no care for staff as they are all "replaceable".
The pay is a joke, and career advancement is rare. They seem to be very KPI driven and lack staff motivation. Things such as location of store and other influencing factors are often not taken into account from regionals who are purely focused on money. The recorgnision for hard work and acheivements is not present, other than some sheets of paper saying "Well Done!" (Are we in primary school?).
The company culture is becoming unwelcoming and almost drives you away from the Group. The only reason many have stayed in this workplace is the flexiblitiy and to support other staff in store.
I hope the Just Group improves its culture and management systems, until then i would reccomend seeking other employment.
Bullying Head Management and Selfish Company.
Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 June 2019
After working for the Just Group for over two years, Its sad to say I have wasted opportunity here. My work and commitment were never valued or appreciated, and I certainly don’t want anyone to go through what I had endured. You can be overworked and underpaid, mistreated unfairly and bullied to the point of resigning.
Pros
I wish I could think of one.
Cons
Bullying by Senior Management and HR.
Constructive and supportive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland27 March 2019
Great support in the work environment, especially with team work! Loved working with the staff, everyone had a great work ethic and worked very well together.
Fun environment if you get the right manager at the right brand
2IC (Former Employee) –  New Zealand7 November 2018
The best part of my day was making the customers happy. Whereas the best part of the just groups day is making as much money as possible and while I understand that while I was working there you are required to reach targets everyday it doesn’t say anything about harassing customers until they buy something or ignoring anything else that they might say to you after they have paid. If you can build with your team instead of going into an already built team you will enjoy it a lot more. Definitely would recommend working here but it’s not a career.
Pros
Working in a mall
Cons
Ridiculous expections, management bullying, unappreciated.
Love IT!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nelson, Nelson23 May 2018
I love working at Jayjays, i love the retail environment and the perks are great! theyre always making sure things are good with you and offer extra work when needed. I love the retail environment and overall i just love this job it's the only job ive had where i can't wait to go to work. Sometimes they have you work in some of their other stores such as just jeans or dotti and it's great to have a bit of variety and seeing how other stores operate and things. i just love it
fun workplace and staff
2IC (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington28 February 2018
I am passionate about my love for The just group. I had an abundance of fun working for the Wellington store.
The team I worked with was one of my favourites and the lower workload makes its easy to balance everything inside and out of work.
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
pay
Good people, lack of acknowledgement and reward
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Onehunga, Auckland23 January 2018
Working in the fast-paced Dressmart Onehunga, there was a never a day of complete rest on a shift.

Pros
-Working with great team members.
-There's always something to do.
- mega deals on already reduced product.
-Could pick up shifts at other Just Group stores
-One hour breaks

Cons
-Not being acknowledged positively for the hard work done from higher management.
- Messy (expected in busy outlets) but didn't have enough hands to make sure store was tidy on time expected to leave.
-Hard to advance.
- No work dos or team bonding events
summary
pick and Packing (Former Employee) –  Howick, Auckland15 January 2018
good environment and i like the job but poor management. the team leaders and supervisor do not get along and team leader bullied the workers especially casual workers or new temps.
workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland19 September 2017
its alright culture could use more improvement with a bit of staff trips or team work. Hardest part of the job is when the computer plays up haha na nothings really hard its just about doing what needs to be done.
Pros
idk
Cons
idk
Positive and Competitive
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bayfair, Bay of Plenty23 August 2017
Always working as a team to reach our daily/weekly/monthly sales targets and get our incentives. Always a fun and positive atmosphere. Managed well, all of the staff were happy and never short staffed. Started to drop sales towards the end of winter so everyones hours have dropped down which isn't the best thing to happen for someone who is a student like me. Over all enjoyed it but need more hours.
Pros
Free pair of jeans when reach our sales targets!
Cons
Not enough hours!
Fun Worklace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland18 August 2017
Typical Day: Moving sorting managing stock while talking up sales

What I learned: How to manage a store within a set timeframe, how to manage a store by myself

Management: 1 year

Hardest Part: Not hitting the budget every single day

Most enjoyable: Working with the team
Cons
Being by yourself gets boring
Exciting and challenging retailer
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Most stores across Auckland26 August 2015
Good company to work for, promotes internal growth.
Now i'm wanting to leave and find something else challenging
that's all
Fun exciting workplace
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand2 October 2012
A typical day at work would start with making sure me and our team knew our sales targets then getting the shop ready to the standard it needed to be.While doing this the team would be having fun singing along to the music but making sure our focus was on the customers allthough we always bnut a smile on there face.The hardest part of the job was we worked in a very busy store and even though we might close at 7 ive often had to work till 9 or 10 but thats retail for you :)I mostly enjoyed communicating with all the different culturs and diversity of people coming into the shop.
Pros
staff discount