The Just Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Just Group Employee Review

Exciting and challenging retailer

26 August 2015
Good company to work for, promotes internal growth. Now i'm wanting to leave and find something else challenging that's all
27 October 2019
Same role
Store Manager (Former Employee) - New Zealand
- I was employed with The Just Group for just over 3 years. Zero or little care was showen towards their loyal and hardworking staff, overworking them to utter exhaustion without a thought to the mental and physical state. Regionals and Senior members will throw store management under the bus rather than looking closer at the real issues as to why not all tasks were completed on time especially during busy periods (school holidays, Easter and Christmas break). - EXTREME pressure placed on myself and team with ridiculous and unrealistic expectations due to constant staff shortages and hours being trimmed down to “CUT COSTS for the business” to only a 3 hour cover for a second staff member to help and allow for a lunch break (which more often than not was not taken) due to all the daily tasks which include: - 20+ boxes of stock to unpack. - Steaming product and tagging. - Greeting all customers in store and providing a A grade service aswell as monitoring any loss prevention issues. - Constantly striving to hit unattainable budgets and keeping all members motivated with little reward from Head Office. - Don’t expect to ever get paid for any of you over time, which unfortunately you will need to put in if you wish for your store to be successful. Sometimes even staying behind till 10pm, or any gratitude as Regional managers are quick to point out that it is your choice to stay behind and/or go in early, however pressuring you to make this decision by comparing your figures and tasks that were unable to be completed that day with other stores who have far more hours - more...
2 June 2019
Same location
Full-Time (Former Employee) - Auckland
After working for the Just Group for over two years, Its sad to say I have wasted opportunity here. My work and commitment were never valued or appreciated, and I certainly don’t want anyone to go through what I had endured. You can be overworked and underpaid, mistreated unfairly and bullied to the point of resigning.
Pros
I wish I could think of one.
Cons
Bullying by Senior Management and HR.
9 June 2020
Manager (Former Employee) - Bay of Plenty
Worked as a ptimer for just 5 months then became manager. Was never probably trained and when I wanted to leave to persue a better career they SIGNED a perminant contract in my behalf. I was working under NO contract pretty much my whole time of employment non working security cameras. Non working toilet. Non drinkable water onsite. Estremly cold during winter because no heating. Extremely hot during summer because no AC
Cons
Eveything