The Just Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Just Group Culture reviews

Great support in the work environment, especially with team work! Loved working with the staff, everyone had a great work ethic and worked very well together.
I worked for the Just Group for over 3 years in 2 different brands, as an Assistant Store Manager and then as a Store Manager. Assistant Store Managers are paid 50c more than Keyholders but are expected to basically do the same duties as a Store Manager who is paid roughly $5 more. Quite often the expectations are so ridiculous and unattainable due to very low base roster hours and also lack of head office support. Regional managers are very good at gaslighting people and are very unsupportive. There is a lot of pressure on the store management team to train junior team members but regionals are terrible at training the management team. There is a bullying culture deeply ingrained in the company that no one wants to address or even acknowledge. There is no recognition for hard work or achieving targets.
Pros
50% off in store. Met amazing people.
Cons
A lot of pressure. No support from head office.
i have worked with the just group for over a year (NZ based). When i first joined the group i enjoyed the work for the first 3 months. The job itself is fun, however, i would not reccomend working for The Just Group. This is due to staffing issues, extremely poor management skills from regionals and a lack of support. The feeling in this company is that there is no care for staff as they are all "replaceable". The pay is a joke, and career advancement is rare. They seem to be very KPI driven and lack staff motivation. Things such as location of store and other influencing factors are often not taken into account from regionals who are purely focused on money. The recorgnision for hard work and acheivements is not present, other than some sheets of paper saying "Well Done!" (Are we in primary school?). The company culture is becoming unwelcoming and almost drives you away from the Group. The only reason many have stayed in this workplace is the flexiblitiy and to support other staff in store. I hope the Just Group improves its culture and management systems, until then i would reccomend seeking other employment.
The best part of my day was making the customers happy. Whereas the best part of the just groups day is making as much money as possible and while I understand that while I was working there you are required to reach targets everyday it doesn’t say anything about harassing customers until they buy something or ignoring anything else that they might say to you after they have paid. If you can build with your team instead of going into an already built team you will enjoy it a lot more. Definitely would recommend working here but it’s not a career.
Pros
Working in a mall
Cons
Ridiculous expections, management bullying, unappreciated.
good environment and i like the job but poor management. the team leaders and supervisor do not get along and team leader bullied the workers especially casual workers or new temps.
its alright culture could use more improvement with a bit of staff trips or team work. Hardest part of the job is when the computer plays up haha na nothings really hard its just about doing what needs to be done.
Pros
idk
Cons
idk
Typical Day: Moving sorting managing stock while talking up sales What I learned: How to manage a store within a set timeframe, how to manage a store by myself Management: 1 year Hardest Part: Not hitting the budget every single day Most enjoyable: Working with the team
Cons
Being by yourself gets boring
A typical day at work would start with making sure me and our team knew our sales targets then getting the shop ready to the standard it needed to be.While doing this the team would be having fun singing along to the music but making sure our focus was on the customers allthough we always bnut a smile on there face.The hardest part of the job was we worked in a very busy store and even though we might close at 7 ive often had to work till 9 or 10 but thats retail for you :)I mostly enjoyed communicating with all the different culturs and diversity of people coming into the shop.
Pros
staff discount