The Just Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Just Group Management reviews

New Zealand17 reviews
The best part of my day was making the customers happy. Whereas the best part of the just groups day is making as much money as possible and while I understand that while I was working there you are required to reach targets everyday it doesn’t say anything about harassing customers until they buy something or ignoring anything else that they might say to you after they have paid. If you can build with your team instead of going into an already built team you will enjoy it a lot more. Definitely would recommend working here but it’s not a career.
Pros
Working in a mall
Cons
Ridiculous expections, management bullying, unappreciated.
- I was employed with The Just Group for just over 3 years. Zero or little care was showen towards their loyal and hardworking staff, overworking them to utter exhaustion without a thought to the mental and physical state. Regionals and Senior members will throw store management under the bus rather than looking closer at the real issues as to why not all tasks were completed on time especially during busy periods (school holidays, Easter and Christmas break).

- EXTREME pressure placed on myself and team with ridiculous and unrealistic expectations due to constant staff shortages and hours being trimmed down to “CUT COSTS for the business” to only a 3 hour cover for a second staff member to help and allow for a lunch break (which more often than not was not taken) due to all the daily tasks which include:

- 20+ boxes of stock to unpack.

- Steaming product and tagging.

- Greeting all customers in store and providing a A grade service aswell as monitoring any loss prevention issues.

- Constantly striving to hit unattainable budgets and keeping all members motivated with little reward from Head Office.

- Don’t expect to ever get paid for any of you over time, which unfortunately you will need to put in if you wish for your store to be successful. Sometimes even staying behind till 10pm, or any gratitude as Regional managers are quick to point out that it is your choice to stay behind and/or go in early, however pressuring you to make this decision by comparing your figures and tasks that were unable to be completed that day with other stores who have far more hours
 - more...
i have worked with the just group for over a year (NZ based). When i first joined the group i enjoyed the work for the first 3 months. The job itself is fun, however, i would not reccomend working for The Just Group. This is due to staffing issues, extremely poor management skills from regionals and a lack of support. The feeling in this company is that there is no care for staff as they are all "replaceable".
The pay is a joke, and career advancement is rare. They seem to be very KPI driven and lack staff motivation. Things such as location of store and other influencing factors are often not taken into account from regionals who are purely focused on money. The recorgnision for hard work and acheivements is not present, other than some sheets of paper saying "Well Done!" (Are we in primary school?).

The company culture is becoming unwelcoming and almost drives you away from the Group. The only reason many have stayed in this workplace is the flexiblitiy and to support other staff in store.

I hope the Just Group improves its culture and management systems, until then i would reccomend seeking other employment.
After working for the Just Group for over two years, Its sad to say I have wasted opportunity here. My work and commitment were never valued or appreciated, and I certainly don’t want anyone to go through what I had endured. You can be overworked and underpaid, mistreated unfairly and bullied to the point of resigning.
Pros
I wish I could think of one.
Cons
Bullying by Senior Management and HR.
Working in the fast-paced Dressmart Onehunga, there was a never a day of complete rest on a shift.

Pros

-Working with great team members.

-There's always something to do.

- mega deals on already reduced product.

-Could pick up shifts at other Just Group stores

-One hour breaks

Cons

-Not being acknowledged positively for the hard work done from higher management.
- Messy (expected in busy outlets) but didn't have enough hands to make sure store was tidy on time expected to leave.

-Hard to advance.

- No work dos or team bonding events
good environment and i like the job but poor management. the team leaders and supervisor do not get along and team leader bullied the workers especially casual workers or new temps.
Typical Day: Moving sorting managing stock while talking up sales

What I learned: How to manage a store within a set timeframe, how to manage a store by myself

Management: 1 year

Hardest Part: Not hitting the budget every single day

Most enjoyable: Working with the team
Cons
Being by yourself gets boring
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Just Group?