The Just Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Just Group Employee Review

Overworked and Under Appreciated

27 October 2019
- I was employed with The Just Group for just over 3 years. Zero or little care was showen towards their loyal and hardworking staff, overworking them to utter exhaustion without a thought to the mental and physical state. Regionals and Senior members will throw store management under the bus rather than looking closer at the real issues as to why not all tasks were completed on time especially during busy periods (school holidays, Easter and Christmas break).

- EXTREME pressure placed on myself and team with ridiculous and unrealistic expectations due to constant staff shortages and hours being trimmed down to “CUT COSTS for the business” to only a 3 hour cover for a second staff member to help and allow for a lunch break (which more often than not was not taken) due to all the daily tasks which include:

- 20+ boxes of stock to unpack.

- Steaming product and tagging.

- Greeting all customers in store and providing a A grade service aswell as monitoring any loss prevention issues.

- Constantly striving to hit unattainable budgets and keeping all members motivated with little reward from Head Office.

- Don’t expect to ever get paid for any of you over time, which unfortunately you will need to put in if you wish for your store to be successful. Sometimes even staying behind till 10pm, or any gratitude as Regional managers are quick to point out that it is your choice to stay behind and/or go in early, however pressuring you to make this decision by comparing your figures and tasks that were unable to be completed that day with other stores who have far more hours
 - more...
26 August 2015
Same role
Store Manager (Current Employee) - Most stores across Auckland
Good company to work for, promotes internal growth.
Now i'm wanting to leave and find something else challenging

that's all
9 June 2020
Manager (Former Employee) - Bay of Plenty
Worked as a ptimer for just 5 months then became manager. Was never probably trained and when I wanted to leave to persue a better career they SIGNED a perminant contract in my behalf. I was working under NO contract pretty much my whole time of employment non working security cameras. Non working toilet. Non drinkable water onsite. Estremly cold during winter because no heating. Extremely hot during summer because no AC
Cons
Eveything
24 November 2019
Same location
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - New Zealand
Cons:
- understaffed

- high expectations

- bad pay

- no rewards

- hard tasks

- high stress

- little support from regionals

worked here for 4 years and never had a pay rise???? and within the whole stress, I was overworked and underpaid. There have been many times I have managed the store and got no appreciation. I have worked so much overtime and was never compensated for my hard work, or given recognition. Pretty bad with shift hours to, 3-hour shifts to, if you have to travel it's not worth it.

People will throw you under the bus like it's your fault if you don't make the targets for the day. Individual and group KPI can be unreasonable sometimes.

I have worked in many stores and was never rewarded for my success, or given some recognition for making great sales and exceeding budgets for the day. Unless you want to be underpaid, highly stressed and be in an intense work environment I would look elsewhere.