The Just Group Employee Review

View all The Just Group reviews

Great entry level Job!
Jaqui-E St Lukes - Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield St Lukes, Auckland7 June 2019
Great casual job for school leavers and university students who have a flexible timetable. I learned active listening and customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them prepare for a life-changing moment like interviews or weddings through wardrobe and stylistic choices. The hardest part was having to travel to other places and stores to make up more hours. Great opportunities to expand customer service skills!

Other The Just Group Employee Reviews

Worst group
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Zealand24 November 2019
Cons:
- understaffed
- high expectations
- bad pay
- no rewards
- hard tasks
- high stress
- little support from regionals
worked here for 4 years and never had a pay rise???? and within the whole stress, I was overworked and underpaid. There have been many times I have managed the store and got no appreciation. I have worked so much overtime and was never compensated for my hard work, or given recognition. Pretty bad with shift hours to, 3-hour shifts to, if you have to travel it's not worth it.
People will throw you under the bus like it's your fault if you don't make the targets for the day. Individual and group KPI can be unreasonable sometimes.
I have worked in many stores and was never rewarded for my success, or given some recognition for making great sales and exceeding budgets for the day. Unless you want to be underpaid, highly stressed and be in an intense work environment I would look elsewhere.
Overworked and Under Appreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand27 October 2019
- I was employed with The Just Group for just over 3 years. Zero or little care was showen towards their loyal and hardworking staff, overworking them to utter exhaustion without a thought to the mental and physical state. Regionals and Senior members will throw store management under the bus rather than looking closer at the real issues as to why not all tasks were completed on time especially during busy periods (school holidays, Easter and Christmas break).

- EXTREME pressure placed on myself and team with ridiculous and unrealistic expectations due to constant staff shortages and hours being trimmed down to “CUT COSTS for the business” to only a 3 hour cover for a second staff member to help and allow for a lunch break (which more often than not was not taken) due to all the daily tasks which include:
- 20+ boxes of stock to unpack.
- Steaming product and tagging.
- Greeting all customers in store and providing a A grade service aswell as monitoring any loss prevention issues.
- Constantly striving to hit unattainable budgets and keeping all members motivated with little reward from Head Office.

- Don’t expect to ever get paid for any of you over time, which unfortunately you will need to put in if you wish for your store to be successful. Sometimes even staying behind till 10pm, or any gratitude as Regional managers are quick to point out that it is your choice to stay behind and/or go in early, however pressuring you to make this decision by comparing your figures and tasks that were unable to be completed that day with other stores who have far more hours
  more... and staff on hand due to them having other brands support nearby.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Just Group. Our community is ready to answer.