The Labour Exchange Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Labour Exchange Ltd Employee Reviews

New Zealand12 reviews
Much work when I worked there. I did many different things but had also some one going jobs. They offered free transport to the sites and sometimes transport back.
The hardest thing about the job was lifting the bins up and down the stairs but the thing that i loved about the job was meeting new people learning about there backrounds and also learning what general labouring was all about there was some odd jobs here and there but besides that i loved it.
good work place easy people and enjoyable to work with good communication skills and meet new people all the time,management were allsome to work with i learned a lot out there and was able to add more skills to m cv to and willing to learn more and hopefully get a full time job one day
Pros
free meat packs fridays only
Cons
hours were good but was looking for longer hours and full time job but was only temporary
really great company, ive learnt quite alot through them like hard work, alimak driving, lift operation and got a few free barbeques up in there too. they never let me do work thats way too hard and they r really good people to us
Pros
barbeques of pies n drinks
Cons
always got work if u turn up on time lol
the best part about working with the crew was getting to know new and different people, learning new things everyday, pushing myself to my limits, being the only female amongst all the males which I really enjoyed goes to show us females can also do a mans job and enjoying it at the same time :-).
Pros
transport money to get us home after work if it was needed.
Cons
exhausted after a long days work.
Labour exchange was really good for me because I learnt heaps of new skills. the management is good cause they made sure we have the right gear for the job
I always had work when I with this company. I worked in a wide range of the construction industry.
A rotina na empresa era esperar bem cedo para ser mandado a alguma obra que estivesse precisando de mão de obra extra naquele dia para carregar materiais, fazer escavações, limpeza, etc, serviço pesado. Aprendi a ser competitivo e aperfeiçoei minha conversação na língua inglesa. Não tive muito contato com a direção da empresa pois logo fui mandado como trabalhador fixo em uma obra de um grande prédio, onde fiquei por vários meses. Os colegas, no geral, eram Maoris, e nos dávamos muito bem. A parte mais difícil era o trabalho em si, muitas vezes bastante pesado e a parte agradável era a flexibilidade quanto ao horário e o clima de trabalho.
Pros
Experiência e salário.
Cons
O trabalho era bastante pesado.
Good operations managers, good logistical infrastructure, good sanitation and hygiene
Pros
Excellent depot
Cons
Minimum wage the norm
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Labour Exchange Ltd?
there used to be more companies and firms in central auckland that called themselves labour -hire ,whom had various sites and meeting places around the central city but now there are basicly only twomain places to meet to get this work and they are A.w.F andThe Labour-Exchange.
Pros
van drivers take workers to various job sites daily from about six am.
Cons
most of the work is physically demanding, hard work.
This company has a wonderfull culture that promotes ' Good B------d' behaviour to workmates and customers alike. My day started at 6.30am taking workers to sites and making sure they understood what the clients needs are.My main objective was to secure new business by 'cold calling' construction and civl sites in the Auckland area looking to place the some 140 people we had on our books on either short or long term projects.I also attended toolbox and health and safety meetings at many different projects.I was also involved in hiring carpenters, labourers and other tradesmsn and skilled workers for the construction and civil worksites.
Pros
fantastic work atmosphere, and the employer was a thorough gentleman
Report to office depot at 6:30am for any work, if none than dismissed at 10am.Learn basic construction.Heavy job, have to be fit.Mostly physical work.Meet great people.
Cons
causal work