The Recruitment Network
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Recruitment Network Employee Reviews

New Zealand15 reviews
Easy to work with
Good at communicating available opportunities. Very fast paced work both serving & in the kitchen. Would definitly suggest comfortable shoes. They give plenty of notice for available shifts and are aok if I need to turn shifts down due to previous committments. Where you will work on the day is organised once youre on site. The earlier the better, as you'll then be offered the customer service roles first.
Fun workplace, continue work vacancies
They are always offering us jobs that helps us achieving hours goals.
Staff working here is very supportive and friendly.

They have every type of jobs, so we can gain experience in every field.
Easy but unsecure
Would not be offered shifts for weeks on end in a casual position, it isn't illegal but can become quite annoying and restraining when there are no jobs that can be given to you.
Working as a temp
I have had varied and interesting job placements through the Recruitment network. I have worked all over the North Island in various establishments from rest homes to Eden Park.
A good opportunity but unreliable
Unfortunately there was no such fun as a typical day. As a temp, there are not many actual employment opportunities available through this company.
I did enjoy being able to work in a variety of different workplaces but there was never enough work offered to be able to rely on this employer so it is borderline impossible to plan a life around .
It's really productive and friendly workplace
Based on my experience is that they were good at handling employers, they are friendly and fun to talk to. On the day of my interview is that it's not what you think that it will be difficult and it will give you a hard time talking on them but not, they're just like talking to you politely and in a very friendly way.
Greet place to meet other people and experience events and venues
The management and the distribution of shifts was often unfair.
They would advise to begin that new recruits start off in the not-so-exciting roles and then you work your way up to better shifts and more exciting events/roles.

However, on many occasions, new recruits would come on board and this process would go out the window, allowing less experienced and newer team members to do higher paid, more sought after shifts/venues and regularly leave long-term loyal temps without work.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new people each time I worked and I was experienced and hard-working enough to be requested by clients directly so working here was a great experience for me personally however I do believe the management and coordination needs to improve in order to increase the overall rating of this company as a great place to work.
Pros
Exciting events, sometimes free meals, meeting new people from all over the world
Cons
Long hours, unevenly distributed work and low pay
Fun Workplace
I use to work at the Mc Donalds in Hillmorton on Lincoln Rd, Christchurch. I found the workplace fun and a good experience for me because the people that I get to meet where really helpful, kind, polite and friendly to get along with and I also made friendds with them. I also had good working hours and good pay rate when I was working at the Mc Donalds.
flexible and convenient work
You are able to pick and choose jobs you are offered from the agency which allows to get experience in a range of different working environments and cultures.
Easily adaptive to you, varied job oppertunities
Working for different Cafes was enjoyable however could become stressful for a student as work shifts were varied and were offered at random. The jobs worked vary widely based on their location, staff, and demand, however, I most enjoy working alongside friendly staff and as a Barista.

This job is suitable as fill-in work however as a student I would prefer something more routine and in a fixed location.
Pros
Self selected work hours/shifts
Cons
varied locations
Variety of Hospitality jobs catered to my abilities.
Working for the company has been a great learning experience for me as I am a student just starting off, getting into the work industry. They provided me with jobs catered to my ablities and the time I was avaiable. Contact was great between me and management.
Great communication, meet many people and see your worth in the industry.
They have great communication, but remember this is only a temporary job. You have a lot of fun and meet a lot of clients in the industry. You need to stay on top of your communication to them too.
Pros
free food, meet lots of people
Cons
temporary work
was a temping agent
was a great place to learn about all sorts of different thing going from aged care through to large function and la carte meal witch I had a incite into
Positive and busy work place.
A typical day of work was always fun but busy. I always had something to do and the job required me to stay on top of my game and to think fast. I learnt how to pour drinks and definitely how to manage customers who were intoxicated. The management were amazing, they are always very nice and always tell you what you're meant to be doing and where you are meant to be. The hardest part of the job was handling customers who were intoxicated and being unruly. I loved the big team though, everyone is very nice and they always help you.
Pros
get to be part of a reliable team, free lunches, casual hours.
Cons
long hours.
Productive and fun
Really amazing place to work, lots of flexibility and great to deal with, enjoyable work with lots of variety. You get to work with a big variety if people and in different work environments and situations.