The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Showing all 2,892 reviews

Team work culture

The team work culture creates an exceptional place to work. there are fast service events taking care of guest and always reflecting a genuine care to them.

Great company and benefits

Exllecent benefits paid holidays free food nice coworkers Poor housekeeping leadershipHousekeeping Director, manager and inspectors are very unprofessional and do not appreciate employees over worked under paid to much darma you cannot trust the housekeeping management team this location would be great if they got new housekeeping management

Love and adore and will work here forever ! They put out a helping hand when I needed and it and love the family atmosphere that they have ! Make me feel apart of the team.

Poor Work Atmosphere, Unprofessional

Poor Training (they do not set you up with the tools you need to learn the various standards and guidelines needed to fulfill your specific role, main training is very broad and only covers basics, I was thrown in the fire on the first day in my role after shadowing for only 2 days, and penalized when lack of training yielded insufficient performance. I recieved better job specific training from Wal-Mart). This is not a good place of employment for people on the spectrum, you will encounter a subconscious bias towards you by coworkers and lower management. Front of the house may seem professional, but back of the house, especially F&B has a work atmosphere of your local McDonald's (employees regularly have drama, are tattooed and vape on the job. I was seriously disappointed on finding the back of the house in this state after hoping to experience extremely professional work environment that the Ritz-Carlton boasts). You also only get 3 strikes for performance, which role off after a year. No room for learning and mistakes, you can get penalized for just mixing up two different menu items with similar names. After 3 strikes your employment is terminated. This is the main reason this job has an extremely high turnover rate. Don't expect to last very long in this position, unless you're a favorite of management. These are the current conditions of the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Location, and most likely not the case of other locations.

Productive and fun

Good managers, always willing to help when you need assistance or get busy. Really care about their employees, able to work overtime when busy. Everyone is cross trained to help in a different department

It's a very good hotel.

It's was really good working there.its a five star hotel with so many beautiful things to explore in and around the hotel.i would it's the best hotel all over India and it is the first Ritz Carlton in India. I will also like to recommend people to go work there and get lots of experience.The staffs and managers there are also very kind loving and friendly. We never get a chance to miss our home because the way they treat us it really feels good and make us feel like home.

Excellent company to work for!

Great benefits and if you are in culinary you will work with the best in the business. The quality of food they serve and prepare is second to none and the chefs are top notch.

Pros

Excellent experience potential.

buen lugar para empezar

si estas buscando experiencia es un buen lugar ya que el trabajo en el piso club era sencillo.

Pros

trabajo tranquilo

Cons

salario bajo

Poor management & no respect

They use you, and fire you before you get protected under a union and they do this with every new hire they have. They also make you choice between life and work.

Would 100% recommend

This will be an amazing experience, with great training, and passionate management. The guests make it all worth it—lots of room for growth and upward mobility.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Ritz-Carlton?

Muy buena

Me gusta mi trabajo y son muy profesionales y respetuosos y atentos con los clientes que son nuestra razón y para lo que trabajamos para q se sienten como en sus casas y con sus familias

Productive fun place tô work

I loved working with this company! Great management with alot of work tô grow. I had great pay and benefits. They offer a healthcare and 401 k which is great!.

Situasi pekerjaan

Amazing team, amazing management and amazing environment

Great place to work, they value their employees and great benefits

They have the best customer service, I really enjoyed working there, they have really good health insurance, 401k, and also good training program. I learned a lot from this place.

Great opportunity for advancement

Has a great employee culture. While managers work excessive hours, recognition and opportunities for advancement were plentiful. Lots of support from other departments

Disappointing

Complete lack of leadership. Literally, NO MOD. Under qualified coworkers attempt to micro manage each other. Upper Management takes ZERO accountability for poor operation, poor communication, and does not adhere to their own standards and policies, or labor laws. HR is your enemy. They do not help, they interrogate and intentionally insult employees. Hostile and retaliatory environment. STAGNANT. All the same people have worked there for 10-20+ years, with bloated pay and benefits no longer available to new employees, no current education in their fields, constantly call out and new employees are forced to pick up their slack, bad attitudes, just waiting for their retirement.Resistant to change. Not encouraging of new ideas and more efficient processes. VERY high turn over rate.Not welcoming to new employees. This brand has gone down hill and they don’t seem to care.

Pros

Free lunch (sometimes, so don’t count on it)

Cons

A complete mess, just like the employee restrooms.

Excellent company culture

I was a cook in a fine dining outlet, and enjoyed the quality of the cuisine and learned quite a bit during my time. Excellent head chef at the time. Thanks

Excelente Empresa.

Gracias. Es una excelente empresa, con una filosofía única que sirve para la vida. Inolvidables experiencias en ese entorno laboral.

Pros

Filosofía

Cons

Dueños.

Decent company

I have learned that the ritz is definitely a strict place to work, but a fairly positive one. management is ok, nothing to special. In turndown it is a fairly easy role when it has enough workers, they do have strict inspections of the room to make sure you're doing well. there has been times where there is too little turndown attendants and a lot of rooms so it gets a bit grinding.all in all i would recommend the ritz for a job if you're able to keep up with their strict requirments and possibly grinding nature.

Pros

Free Lunches, 401k

Amazing place to work with great culture , manager and staff was very friendly, there was always someone available to assist it you ever need help. Your definitely have all the support to grow and develop as a leader, this is an amazing place to work

Pros

Cons

Great health y

Excellent workplace and pay, poor work life balance

The work environment was very luxurious and the company provides extensive training, perks, and excellent pay. The downside is that being in the hotel industry, particularly during high season, the work life balance doesn't exist. Be prepared to work long hours, weekends and having a hard time coordinating vacations etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Ritz-Carlton