The Selwyn Foundation Employee Reviews

Selwyn is a place of love and home of welcoming hands
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland13 August 2018
My passion is always want to work for aged elderly people with needs. A loving spirit and warm hands will guide and lift these clients spirit high and never neglect them at any time. Meaning you give them 100% care as you took them in as your own family in a excellent working environment. Respect them, guide them and understand their needs. Their safety is the most highly recommended matter to focus on.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Can work double shifts
Good experience
Volunteer as Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 March 2018
I worked at Selwyns as a Volunteer. I really enjoyed it as i got to meet a lot of new people whom i imagined to be my grandparents. It was very easy working with the elderlies, they all became my friends. It was unfortunate that my aunt had to relocate so i had to leave Selwyns.
Pros
Experience
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand26 February 2018
This is a great not for profit workplace.
They're values are wonderful
Some of the facilities need an upgrade - however the staff are very nice to work with

Management is a hit or miss.
Pros
Good staff, good values of the company
Cons
short staffing at times
enjoyed working there
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Point Chevalier, Auckland3 February 2018
awesome place to work at, friendly employers and employees.
staff benefits were good, had flexible hours, great team work by staff
staff were kept up to date with their training
everyday you will learned more
On-call Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Point Chevalier, Auckland23 November 2017
working as caregiver i learned more in caring our elderly and become more matured enough to understand them as well as your workmate.
It is a very challenging career.
fun place to have work
Permanent Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Papakura, Auckland20 March 2017
Everybody in the facility was very helpful and cooperative and continuously practice teamwork. Manger was very helpful to support for the advancement or professional growth of the employees.
Magnificent work culture and respect, The CEO leads by example
Group Office Administrator/PA (Former Employee) –  Grafton, Auckland29 March 2016
Reception/admin/ordering/PA bit of eveything made the days very exciting and interesting. Wonderful manager whose teachng and knowdge she shared with me was invalualble.

Most Aweome CEO, who leads by example. Most amazing co-workers I have every worked with, was like a family of 50 odd peope. Love my intraction with people,and adminisration, but Board minutes not so much.

Loved the variety of the position, from PA, to administration to customer services to loading the dishwasher.
Pros
Loved the varity of the position
Cons
Don't mind normal committee minutes, but not keen on board minutes