The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Customer Services Representitive (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury8 January 2020
Awesome team at the Warehouse riccarton. Management was easy to get along with as were the rest of the staff. Highly recommend accepting any job offer from them.
Pros
Awesome team to work with.
Cons
Busiest time of the day is between 3pm and 7pm
The warehouse
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 January 2020
I found it really fun working with the warehouse. Staff are friendly and helpful. I learnt a lot of different things there. I helped my manager with clearance and anything else that needed to be done. They taught me some of the price integrity.
Collaborative and fun work environment
Casual Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Roskill, Auckland10 December 2019
The team is very friendly and helpful. A typical day at work consists of handling customer enquiries or online orders. Employers are expected to put their customers first , there is a strong customer focus thus all their enquiries are handled promptly and professionally.
fun and active workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland28 November 2019
every Saturday i work from 9am to 3pm for only 10 Saturdays. I learned a lot eg. putting clothes on the rack and also in the right place and order, i walk around and check if clothes or shoes are on the ground and put them back up nicely, i also took customers to where they needed to be in order for them to get or look at what they were after. There are different cultures at the work place for example Tongan,Samoan,Maori etc. The hardest part of the job was looking for where things goes. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing stocking the clothes to where it belongs.
Awesome workplace
Customer Service/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland18 November 2019
Branch I worked at was awesome! Loved working with people of all ages, ethnicity etc. Need better benefits for the amount of work that we're assigned to do. Awesome company to work for overall!
Work is not great, people make it
USER AND SYSTEM SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Auckland14 November 2019
The Warehouse has a lot of chances for people growing, however it will depend on how and who you engage in.

The job itself was not amazing, however the people are.
Reasonable place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Levin, New Zealand13 November 2019
At the time i was working there i did enjoy it but the wage wasn't the greatest. The people (staff) made the environment a fun and enjoyable place to work
Great!
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takanini, Auckland4 November 2019
I highly recommend this for work experience, it was a great experience and my customer service skills are definitely grown since Having the 3 week experience at The Warehouse group
productive
straight forward
encouraging & motivated people
Environnement de travail agréable
Transformation Lead (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 September 2019
Entreprise familiale, respectueuse des individus,
Fun workplace
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company. They have many benefits for staff and they fully understand the work/life balance. As many people working in stores have families, they respect that. The culture is that everyone working together is a family, they care for each other and help each other. I made many long term friendships with my time there and would definitely work there again if I had the chance.
Pros
Leave benefits, including emergency leave if you run out of annual (have to pay back over a year), Funeral cover for you and family members, great supporter of LGBTQ+
Cons
No overtime given.
Productive and fun workplace
Have fun and enjoy working throughout the hours that I do, always stay positive and have a good attitude and especially respect one another in the industry, I don’t care what size colour back round you come from, still show some respect.
Pros
Free lunches
productive
Nightfill (Current Employee) –  Taranaki19 June 2019
absolutely love the fast pace and the variety of different tasks to do.Love the interaction some of the staff have.Love the good half hour lunch break
Pros
Cons
uncertainty
Not getting paid
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland10 June 2019
I worked through Gateway so i didn't get paid so that kind of sucked but i got credits so that was good too! i enjoyed the experience of being able to get a glimpse into working.
Warehouse Group Review
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland10 June 2019
My time with the Warehouse Group was a short one. I worked there initially as an intern, and then was offered a few months paid employment. Most of my work involved data entry and other administrative tasks.

Although short, my time with TWG was great. I met interesting people and gained invaluable experience of the corporate world. The only negative takeaway I have of TWG is the culture. Although professional, the workplace seemed to lack excitement and fun. Something I look for in employment. Otherwise TWG is a good company to work for.
Pros
Free parking, cafeteria
Cons
Workplace culture
A good first job
Stockroom - Stock receipt (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 February 2019
I started working at The Warehouse straight out of school it was always a very stable job good hours okay pay. I never really had any problems with the company i would still be there if i had decided to stay in New Zealand overall is its a good company to work for i would just never want to work there full time forever. The management varied between stores one of the stores i worked at the management was appalling in the way they worked throwing each other under the bus and just being very petty while the other store it was like one big family.
Pros
chill work good hours okay pay
Cons
Management could be terrible
Fun workplace. Staff are all quite nice
Sales assistant, cashier (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty1 February 2019
Having worked at The Warehouse for over six years, I found my time there to be satisfactory. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the job, but was mot satisfied with the overall general direction of the store.
Pros
Laidback workplace
Cons
Not enough hours. Management structure is terrible
great place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Lukes NZ28 January 2019
customer friendly, staff are awesome, management was well involved with us workers making sure we were maintaining work standards, very hands on but chill environment
Busy, rewarding and fun.
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand10 January 2019
I absolutely loved working in the Marketing team for the Warehouse Group, people worked hard and were rewarded for their hard work.

There was lots of opportunity for development and coaching and I always felt the managers made themselves available when you needed to catch up or discuss a project.

The hardest part of my job was the reactive trading during key seasonal campaigns, this increased the work load and stress.

The most enjoyable part was working with such a smart, proactive team and being part of some great campaigns.
trabajo equilibrado
Personal de Ventas (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Nueva Zelanda20 December 2018
Buen ambiente laboral, aprendí la distribución de la casa matriz, la gerencia muy acogedora con gente extranjera principalmente.

4.2