The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

management
customer service/team member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland7 November 2018
The organisation is a great place to work especially if it is your fist job.
The hard part of the job is working when there is a lack of staff when it would get busy which would get the customers upset and have a got at the staff
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
lack of staff when it gets busy
Fun workplace
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington5 November 2018
It was very tiring yet fun, I learned how to cooperate with others and stay focused in order to finish fast. Although the hours were long to me I still enjoyed it.
Family values
COMMUNITY PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Store Support Office, Takapuna, AUCKLAND29 October 2018
I have really enjoyed the time that I have spent working for The Warehouse Group. I wouldn't have stayed 24 years if it wasn't a great place to work.
Pros
Team discount
Fun
Retail (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 October 2018
I loved working at the Warehouse Mt Roskill! Good team of people! Got along with everyone and during the Christmas period it was even more fun because we all got to work all together instead of being on different shifts!
Pros
The good Mt Roskill Team!
Cons
Not many days worked
fun workplace
Customer service- gateway 2014 (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland10 September 2018
I went to gain my work experience through a gateway which was provided by my school and after doing gateway I have experienced a very fun loving environment in the warehouse. this gave me 1 year of experience working in the warehouse.
Pros
provided work experience and knowledge of how to get started with new environments
Cons
no pays
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 September 2018
it was temporary role. it ended faster then expected. therefore I cant give lot of insight. about the job and the environment. however it is the kind of role I be very interested in doing.
fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland9 August 2018
Enjoyable place to work learnt a lot about the retail industry, always heaps of work to complete and the staff there know how to treat you properly and are always helpful when in need of help with a task you are doing or trying to complete. Would love to actually work here Full time or part-time
Pros
Always jobs to complete, and learning all the time.
Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui30 July 2018
Great place to work great team great management team, It was never the same day twice. Working with a vast and diverse bunch of people. Regular happy customers
Teams awesome not so much managment
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty24 June 2018
While working at the warehouse based in rotorua I was able to make friends with colleagues and had such an awesome time with most. Managment was okay. Duty managers were awesome and approachable as for the store manager she was very rude towards team members very little appreciation was shown from her.
Pros
Amazing work perks and colleagues
Cons
Disappointment with store manager
not bad to work in
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland15 June 2018
i like to be always 30/40 mins early to work, that gives me time to have a walk around the store and then take my time getting myself ready before i clocked in. i like working our stock out because i get to see new stock before hand
Cons
not enought hours
Very fast pace and full of fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  wiri manukau4 April 2018
Working at nz couriers was a great experience because i made alot of friends at work and the vibe there was just always welcoming, happy peers and bosses. Everyone would help each other when stuck, or our manager would come aorund and help us out with reviews for 10 mins before going back on calls. I wouldnt say there was hard parts being there cause everything was well explained at our 6 week trainings.
Fun Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland8 March 2018
Great place to work with great teams and managers. The work culture is great. The only problem is the range of opportunities to move up the ladder. Otherwise wonderful place to work as a student while studying.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 March 2018
Learnt a lot since it was my second job . I have worked in the Christmas and new years busy days so have experienced the madness of the crowd. The staffs and the manager s were very helpful.
productive and fun
Check out operator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay6 March 2018
i loved working here because it was nice to meet the staff and learning on how the business works every day, everyone is very nice and helpful, may have some problems with some of the customers but everything is fun and easy to learn
Pros
fun staff
Cons
to much misunderstanding of prices
Poor
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 March 2018
I have learnt nothing at this job. No training when I started - pretty much trained myself at this job. Didn't get paid enough especially with a lot of work to do.
Cons
Short hours
Excellent work enviroment
Night fill Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Zealand28 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a Night Fill Team lead.
The management and team were encouraging and helpful during my time there.
The night shift was a fast paced challenging role, with many opportunities for growth.
The most difficult part of the job was to get cohesion in place among the crew.
The most enjoyable part was the family culture that was implemented in the store.
everyone was supportive of one another.
With that , at times, the perception versus reality of what good looks like was at times skewed.
However with all that being said, I would work back there in a heartbeat. I was under a contract, and during that time I was appreciated and valued in my work place.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
contract only
Physical Job
Store person (Former Employee) –  12 Izone Drive, Rolleston23 February 2018
It was a pretty hard and physical job, but it was still a very great experience and I met a lot of friendly people there. Overall it was an okay job, and I would recommend it to people.
educational and fun
Red Shirts Programme (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland12 February 2018
while invested in the red shirts program they reached the perfect balance of practical and theory work. They were all very friendly and kept us under their wing.
Fun & Nice
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui4 February 2018
Was a great way to teach me my skills to start a new job, was a gun & amazing place for work experience & was a very easy and fun way to learn how to be in retail
Biggest non food retailer in New Zealand
Lead Buyer - Footwear (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand3 February 2018
Enjoy the challenges every day, no one day is same.
Learned to operate and manage footwear merchandise department in a big corporate environment.
Buying and product development was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good Staff Discount
Cons
Challenging systems

4.2