The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail agréable
Transformation Lead (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 September 2019
Entreprise familiale, respectueuse des individus,
Fun workplace
Customer Services/Administration (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland and Petone, Wellington25 August 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company. They have many benefits for staff and they fully understand the work/life balance. As many people working in stores have families, they respect that. The culture is that everyone working together is a family, they care for each other and help each other. I made many long term friendships with my time there and would definitely work there again if I had the chance.
Pros
Leave benefits, including emergency leave if you run out of annual (have to pay back over a year), Funeral cover for you and family members, great supporter of LGBTQ+
Cons
No overtime given.
Productive and fun workplace
How to do Customer Service and Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland18 August 2019
Have fun and enjoy working throughout the hours that I do, always stay positive and have a good attitude and especially respect one another in the industry, I don’t care what size colour back round you come from, still show some respect.
Pros
Free lunches
productive
Nightfill (Current Employee) –  Taranaki19 June 2019
absolutely love the fast pace and the variety of different tasks to do.Love the interaction some of the staff have.Love the good half hour lunch break
Pros
Cons
uncertainty
Not getting paid
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland10 June 2019
I worked through Gateway so i didn't get paid so that kind of sucked but i got credits so that was good too! i enjoyed the experience of being able to get a glimpse into working.
Warehouse Group Review
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland10 June 2019
My time with the Warehouse Group was a short one. I worked there initially as an intern, and then was offered a few months paid employment. Most of my work involved data entry and other administrative tasks.

Although short, my time with TWG was great. I met interesting people and gained invaluable experience of the corporate world. The only negative takeaway I have of TWG is the culture. Although professional, the workplace seemed to lack excitement and fun. Something I look for in employment. Otherwise TWG is a good company to work for.
Pros
Free parking, cafeteria
Cons
Workplace culture
A good first job
Stockroom - Stock receipt (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 February 2019
I started working at The Warehouse straight out of school it was always a very stable job good hours okay pay. I never really had any problems with the company i would still be there if i had decided to stay in New Zealand overall is its a good company to work for i would just never want to work there full time forever. The management varied between stores one of the stores i worked at the management was appalling in the way they worked throwing each other under the bus and just being very petty while the other store it was like one big family.
Pros
chill work good hours okay pay
Cons
Management could be terrible
Fun workplace. Staff are all quite nice
Sales assistant, cashier (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty1 February 2019
Having worked at The Warehouse for over six years, I found my time there to be satisfactory. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the job, but was mot satisfied with the overall general direction of the store.
Pros
Laidback workplace
Cons
Not enough hours. Management structure is terrible
great place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Lukes NZ28 January 2019
customer friendly, staff are awesome, management was well involved with us workers making sure we were maintaining work standards, very hands on but chill environment
Busy, rewarding and fun.
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand10 January 2019
I absolutely loved working in the Marketing team for the Warehouse Group, people worked hard and were rewarded for their hard work.

There was lots of opportunity for development and coaching and I always felt the managers made themselves available when you needed to catch up or discuss a project.

The hardest part of my job was the reactive trading during key seasonal campaigns, this increased the work load and stress.

The most enjoyable part was working with such a smart, proactive team and being part of some great campaigns.
trabajo equilibrado
Personal de Ventas (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Nueva Zelanda20 December 2018
Buen ambiente laboral, aprendí la distribución de la casa matriz, la gerencia muy acogedora con gente extranjera principalmente.
we had team work and it was fun
Customer Service Trainee (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland15 November 2018
we only worked about days Because the was school work experience
it gives me good communication skills with new people. actually all the work was easy because l like working .
management
customer service/team member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland7 November 2018
The organisation is a great place to work especially if it is your fist job.
The hard part of the job is working when there is a lack of staff when it would get busy which would get the customers upset and have a got at the staff
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
lack of staff when it gets busy
Fun workplace
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington5 November 2018
It was very tiring yet fun, I learned how to cooperate with others and stay focused in order to finish fast. Although the hours were long to me I still enjoyed it.
Family values
COMMUNITY PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Store Support Office, Takapuna, AUCKLAND29 October 2018
I have really enjoyed the time that I have spent working for The Warehouse Group. I wouldn't have stayed 24 years if it wasn't a great place to work.
Pros
Team discount
Fun
Retail (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 October 2018
I loved working at the Warehouse Mt Roskill! Good team of people! Got along with everyone and during the Christmas period it was even more fun because we all got to work all together instead of being on different shifts!
Pros
The good Mt Roskill Team!
Cons
Not many days worked
fun workplace
Customer service- gateway 2014 (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland10 September 2018
I went to gain my work experience through a gateway which was provided by my school and after doing gateway I have experienced a very fun loving environment in the warehouse. this gave me 1 year of experience working in the warehouse.
Pros
provided work experience and knowledge of how to get started with new environments
Cons
no pays
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 September 2018
it was temporary role. it ended faster then expected. therefore I cant give lot of insight. about the job and the environment. however it is the kind of role I be very interested in doing.
fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland9 August 2018
Enjoyable place to work learnt a lot about the retail industry, always heaps of work to complete and the staff there know how to treat you properly and are always helpful when in need of help with a task you are doing or trying to complete. Would love to actually work here Full time or part-time
Pros
Always jobs to complete, and learning all the time.
Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui30 July 2018
Great place to work great team great management team, It was never the same day twice. Working with a vast and diverse bunch of people. Regular happy customers

4.2