The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

It was a nightfill position, so the hours were to be expected. I personally didn't manage to adjust my sleep schedule too well, but I don't think that affected my performance. Typically in this role, I worked the pallets, but you work depending on what they decide for you and then you help out the other areas. You may get called upon to do another thing. I think the hardest thing was that some of the summer pallets ended up being pretty heavy from things such as the large umbrella stands. I enjoyed working there immensely and regretfully declined the position to stay on as casual since I was moving to Hamilton and was unsure of how often I would be back in town. Turns out maybe 2 days a year.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
It was alright but some of the management could have been better my team leader would not explain what you’d have to do and would not listen to your side it was fast passed and sometimes stressful a few of the higher ups where quite rude and would not let you say what you wanted to say i had to ask my coworkers what i was doing communication was pretty bad but all and all it was not bad you may have a good experience there but for me it was not that good but if i had a chance to work there again I would
Pros
Good pay
Cons
People can be quite rude. Expensive on public transport if you don’t live near and don't have a car
Very busy. There was not really an easy day.Lots of lifting boxes and moving them.Sometimes employees would order personal items and we would deliver them to their desk. Going Through mails or parcels and re-directing them. or to deliver them to employee's desks.My coworker was awesome.My manager was caring and occasionally there to make sure we were doing fine and to see if we needed anything.Over all a supportive environment.Pay was average I think.
Pros
Sample Sale
Cons
Tired Physically
Typical day, meet and greet, set up your area, whether check out or jewellery. presentable tidy and clean.learned everything about retail and how this company's business runs.Management always changed. the store manager and 2IC changed every 6-8 months. training store. supervisors for every department.work culture was ok. I had a great team of work colleagues. there is no hard part of the job, just different people with different personalities. Most enjoyable part was the great people you work with and the people you meet through retail. Learning new jobs.
Pros
great social club when I was there. Christmas lunch/Dinner
Cons
Stocktake. Idiot customers. Not enough hours. No loyalty to the team.
I worked there for over a year it was fun and the staff were super nice and in the beginning, the management team was awesome but when one left the new one that was brought in was very mean to me and cut my hours right back up until this point I was working five days a week he cut me back to three which was barely liveable and removed me from the department I had been working in for almost eight months. I went to the store manager who didn't do anything about it.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Management team
Favouritism, bully tactics. There was a few awesome team members. Constantly watching your back, it's not what you know but who you know in the company. There was no room for growth
Pros
Shared lunches
Cons
Stressful
The Warehouse was once a great place to work. They now claim covid19 and anything else for having to restructure. Restructure at the warehouse means disregarding your emplyment cintract and making you reapply for a less role, when ever they feel it is needed.The Warehouse is no longer a secure place to work. Years making money from New Zealanders and they cant give some of it back.
I learnt how to cash handle and how to work eftpos. The hardest part was being polite and respectful to customers who were not doing the same. A day at work would go fast as it was very busy during that time period (Christmas time). The management was great, a really good team of people.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude customers
Stressful, underpaid, unsocial rosters, hardly any chance to progress, uncompetitive wages, boring, dead end jobs. Jaded coworkers and tedious tasks round out the picture. Also, customers are the worst.
Pros
Consistency?
Cons
Everything else.
I the warehouse group hires me then I'll definitely take the job. I'd love to work there and earn some money as I study instead of just going in every Wednesday to work. I've learned so many useful skills and knowledge about customer service. My first job and I loved it even though it was more like volunteer work.
Pros
The staffs are extremely nice.
A day in the life of Health and Safety Intern at The Warehouse Group begins at 7:30 am and ends at 3:30 pm. Throughout the day there will be a range of tasks that may come and go, it is a very fast-paced, collaborative and fun environment to work in. The team is very supportive and understanding, the best part of the role is that there are so many learning opportunities and that you must allow yourself to try and give opportunities a chance. This will make you more confident and will make understanding jobs given to you easier.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking. Great areas to sit and have lunch
Cons
Tue -thurs Open store, banking, Setup team, Delegate to reports P and l review. rostering.. 9 hours approx per day great team atmosphere GOod retail environment
Opening up the Entertainment Department, start up all displays, TV's, laptops, tablets, consoles and mobile phones. Ensuring they are in working condition. Learning all technical dimensions and specifications for the benefits of customer for better choice their devices and consoles. Loved the challenges everyday. Working with amazing team members.
Got to know a bunch of great people, the work environment, below management was cool and friendly. Could be tense at times, management do not clearly communicate with shop floor staff
a typical day working at the warehouse was your usual, breaks were always on time, everyone participated quite evenly, everyone was easy to get along with
Great environment a lot of work overnight A lot of sweeping Organised team and management Good casual work and hours Awesome perks if there any for casual
Great remuneration, leave entitlements, team members, management, administration, discounts, education, training, after work functions, feedback and culture.
Good workplace culture and good place to start a career if do not have any previous work experience. The warehouse group provide their employee trainings, it is online so one can have taring in relevant area as well as other area also.
The hardest part of this job is being able to learn fast enough in a short amount of time on the accounting systems that each of the company's brand use. Furthermore, being able to remember how to utilise them professionally. But I enjoy working with the people in my department, everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Employee benefits and flexible working hours
Good training and support. Good career advancement opportunities. Fast paced dynamic environment. Good team culture. The perfect job if you enjoy a lot of contact with people in a fast paced environment,
I learned how to stock products carefully I was always on time The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around and making sure everything was in place
Pros
Discounts