The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand218 reviews
good
a typical day working at the warehouse was your usual, breaks were always on time, everyone participated quite evenly, everyone was easy to get along with
Always understaffed
Got to know a bunch of great people, the work environment, below management was cool and friendly. Could be tense at times, management do not clearly communicate with shop floor staff
Meh
Great environment a lot of work overnight
A lot of sweeping

Organised team and management

Good casual work and hours

Awesome perks if there any for casual
Productive and fun workplace
Great remuneration, leave entitlements, team members, management, administration, discounts, education, training, after work functions, feedback and culture.
Good work environment, but it also depend on managers.
Good workplace culture and good place to start a career if do not have any previous work experience. The warehouse group provide their employee trainings, it is online so one can have taring in relevant area as well as other area also.
Productive and friendly environment
The hardest part of this job is being able to learn fast enough in a short amount of time on the accounting systems that each of the company's brand use. Furthermore, being able to remember how to utilise them professionally. But I enjoy working with the people in my department, everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Employee benefits and flexible working hours
Busy and great for some
Good training and support.
Good career advancement opportunities.

Fast paced dynamic environment.

Good team culture.

The perfect job if you enjoy a lot of contact with people in a fast paced environment,
Fun workplace
I learned how to stock products carefully
I was always on time

The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around and making sure everything was in place
Pros
Discounts
Cons
working for the warehouse on a typical day we would clock in at 8 and go to the meeting in the stockroom sometimes we would be understaffed at most 4-5 but that was normal, I've learnt customer service skills always serving/ helping a customer with a smile on your face, and learned to use a pallet jack in order to move pallets, stock replenishing and stock relocation, workplace culture was good we get split into different departments from H&B, stationery, automotive, gardening, furniture, manchester, houseware, appliance toys and sporting. the hardest part of the job is the tidy up cause the would-be some stock left on the floor when there is no room at the top, the most enjoyable part was getting to make some new friends
Fun workplace and managers are really good
I would like to recommend to a person who is wanting to explore and wanting to get an exposure. This offer gives a lot of experience in terms to company and product knowledge
Great company to work for
Awesome team at the Warehouse riccarton. Management was easy to get along with as were the rest of the staff. Highly recommend accepting any job offer from them.
Pros
Awesome team to work with.
Cons
Busiest time of the day is between 3pm and 7pm
The warehouse
I found it really fun working with the warehouse. Staff are friendly and helpful. I learnt a lot of different things there. I helped my manager with clearance and anything else that needed to be done. They taught me some of the price integrity.
Collaborative and fun work environment
The team is very friendly and helpful. A typical day at work consists of handling customer enquiries or online orders. Employers are expected to put their customers first , there is a strong customer focus thus all their enquiries are handled promptly and professionally.
fun and active workplace
every Saturday i work from 9am to 3pm for only 10 Saturdays. I learned a lot eg. putting clothes on the rack and also in the right place and order, i walk around and check if clothes or shoes are on the ground and put them back up nicely, i also took customers to where they needed to be in order for them to get or look at what they were after. There are different cultures at the work place for example Tongan,Samoan,Maori etc. The hardest part of the job was looking for where things goes. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing stocking the clothes to where it belongs.
Awesome workplace
Branch I worked at was awesome! Loved working with people of all ages, ethnicity etc. Need better benefits for the amount of work that we're assigned to do. Awesome company to work for overall!
Work is not great, people make it
The Warehouse has a lot of chances for people growing, however it will depend on how and who you engage in.

The job itself was not amazing, however the people are.
Reasonable place to work
At the time i was working there i did enjoy it but the wage wasn't the greatest. The people (staff) made the environment a fun and enjoyable place to work
Great!
I highly recommend this for work experience, it was a great experience and my customer service skills are definitely grown since Having the 3 week experience at The Warehouse group
productive

clear spoken tasks

straight forward

encouraging & motivated people
Environnement de travail agréable
Entreprise familiale, respectueuse des individus,
Fun workplace
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company. They have many benefits for staff and they fully understand the work/life balance. As many people working in stores have families, they respect that. The culture is that everyone working together is a family, they care for each other and help each other. I made many long term friendships with my time there and would definitely work there again if I had the chance.
Pros
Leave benefits, including emergency leave if you run out of annual (have to pay back over a year), Funeral cover for you and family members, great supporter of LGBTQ+
Cons
No overtime given.
4.2