The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Warehouse Group Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace

12 May 2020
Great remuneration, leave entitlements, team members, management, administration, discounts, education, training, after work functions, feedback and culture.
16 November 2015
Same role
Nightfill team Manager (Former Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
The Warehouse was a fantastic place to work, with a warm and inviting atmosphere it was an absolute pleasure to turn up for work. My typical day at work involved working in the hardware section, which is my passion. Here I learned to work as part of a team to complete tasks and learned valuable skills about building and construction fueling my passion even further. Management was a pleasure to work with, offering advice and knowledge on their experience working for The Warehouse.
24 June 2020
Nightfill (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
It was a nightfill position, so the hours were to be expected. I personally didn't manage to adjust my sleep schedule too well, but I don't think that affected my performance.
Typically in this role, I worked the pallets, but you work depending on what they decide for you and then you help out the other areas. You may get called upon to do another thing.

I think the hardest thing was that some of the summer pallets ended up being pretty heavy from things such as the large umbrella stands.

I enjoyed working there immensely and regretfully declined the position to stay on as casual since I was moving to Hamilton and was unsure of how often I would be back in town. Turns out maybe 2 days a year.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
23 June 2020
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) - Hastings, Hawke's Bay
I learnt how to cash handle and how to work eftpos. The hardest part was being polite and respectful to customers who were not doing the same. A day at work would go fast as it was very busy during that time period (Christmas time). The management was great, a really good team of people.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude customers
4.2