The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews in Albany, Auckland

Albany, Auckland3 reviews
a large retailer who looks after their people and creates an atmosphere of can do attitudes.
the development over the years has been phenomenal and varied and being at the forefront of the advancement has meant that I have seen the change of the face of the warehouse in some very exciting times.

The Warehouse has been at the forefront of people first policies for a long time, and looks after their people very well.
Pros
people first policies and procedures. The group discounts
Cons
continual restructures due to developing retail business.
A fast paced workplace, The Warehouse provides a lot of online training to support their employees. There's endless tasks that always need doing and always a customer that needs help. I learnt a lot about customer service, this is something The Warehouse focuses strongly on. The co-workers are amazing and management are always seeking new ways to aid their employees. Around particularly busy times, you are required to put up with a lot of stress and pressure, it is a similar environment to hospitality. Retail has a lot of room for growth and I certainly learnt a lot at The Warehouse.
Pros
Great pay rates
Cons
Stressful and pressured environment at times
A typical day working at The Warehouse Extra in Albany started with the manager having a meeting with the team to give us instructions for the day. It normally included going around and putting clothes back to their original places; Making sure the sizes were in order; making sure clothes were neatly folded in a certain way; Making sure the prices were accurate and changed the ticketing if they were incorrect. They taught me how to use their machine to find the right pricing and to make items reduced to clear. The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of cleaning the changing room because it was always packed with people and they leave their clothes behind. At the end of your shift the changing room was supposed to be left spotless. The most enjoyable part for me was working with the team members and helping customers find what they need or want to purchase. Most of the co-workers were easy to get along with and they taught me how to remember were certain items were placed. The managers were very helpful, and easy to get along with. They helped me when i required assistance with customers.
Pros
getting paid time and a half on holidays
Cons
when work is slow