The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier20 reviews
New Zealand20 reviews
I learnt how to cash handle and how to work eftpos. The hardest part was being polite and respectful to customers who were not doing the same. A day at work would go fast as it was very busy during that time period (Christmas time). The management was great, a really good team of people.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude customers
Have fun and enjoy working throughout the hours that I do, always stay positive and have a good attitude and especially respect one another in the industry, I don’t care what size colour back round you come from, still show some respect.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
While working at the warehouse based in rotorua I was able to make friends with colleagues and had such an awesome time with most. Managment was okay. Duty managers were awesome and approachable as for the store manager she was very rude towards team members very little appreciation was shown from her.
Pros
Amazing work perks and colleagues
Cons
Disappointment with store manager
Applied for checkouts worked in cash handling, eftpos, manual transactions laybys, and customer service also packaging for orders, promoted to clothing department where I was responsible for stocking racks, general tidying of our department, stock taking, scanning, pricing, rain-checks, Customer service, team player, heavy lifting, security aswell. Lernt all retail transferable skills.
Pros
dress ups, free lunches, Christmas dinners, and gifts for staff, staff discounts
The warehouse northlands is such a amazing place to work for. Everyone that works there is just so so nice. A++++ place to work very recommend! Manage also is very professional and also so friendly and easy to tell them things
Pros
awesome people, perks of working there, overall 100% best place to work
had alot of fun working here the team was great to work with and the customers were overall very nice to deal with it is a very friendly environment to work in and it feels like you part of a family that all look out for each other and have fun together
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
the odd difficult customer
This is a fantastic job, friendly culture, and great benefits.

Its just a great place to work, staff are supportive when they need to be, and work well as a team.
Pros
Team card discounts
Cons
Night shift can be long.
The Staff are amazing, and the management always made time to hear our concerns. The pay was awesome and the environment always felt safe. The best part of the job were the competitions between checkout operators to get donations for charities
In 2012 I went to the warehouse for a R.S.I.S (red shirts in schools)
course and i passed and it lead onto a job there as checkout and clothing assistant.

I also worked on store floor and got to work with products and customers around the shop.

I worked there for about 8 months before working at velvet burger.
The staff at The Warehouse were really supportive of one another and always kept work entertaining. I learnt to have patience with customers and learnt how to provide an excellent shopping experience for the customers.
Pros
really good salary and pay rises.
Cons
late closes
Constantly on my toes, there was always something to do. Great work enviroment to be in. Learnt alot of customer service approaches. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers
I loved working there. The whole team was great and sociable yet also professional. The store as a whole was often successful. The store was always clean and did well with sales.
Pros
occasional team shouts (snacks and lollies)
Cons
sometimes short staffed.
Made a lot of true friends working at the Taupo warehouse,alot of friendly stuff and everyone is always taking care of each other. The management are always there to help you when needed. The hardest part is trying to find set hours to fit in with my daughter.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
up and down hours
In warehouse i like dress up day according to event. As last week we all team member did toy dress in toy sale week.I have learnt team working and time management. All other team member are very supportive. The hardest part of the job when customer feel pain (checkout busy, stock not on hand etc) . the most enjoyable part of the job meeting everyday different customer and every week new layout as per according to deals.
Pros
share lunch
The Warehouse Gisborne has continually to grow and improve its effort both as an individual store and apart of the whole franchise. It is a fun place to work with great people and an amazing work environment
Loved workn here management was awesome.work was pretty well laid out each day by the boss.awesome staff.always interacting with customers.as GILMORES is a food warehouse.so we did picked orders for shops private bussinesses mostly retailers.loads of lifti pulling loadin packing and ample work.
Pros
awesome place to work.friendly work enviroment
Cons
i had to leave because my son was hospitalised for three months and neede day to day care.
The Warehouse Ltd Kaikohe was a lovely place to work. I learnt a lot from this place and i really had a lot of motivation by working in the areas i worked in. My co-workers were the best i could have asked for as wel as management. I had full times hours and a lot of good and bad experiences but it helped make me who i am today.
Pros
Good friends, great learning experiences, full time hours
Cons
That i left
management was really friendly and handled situations well. the most enjoyable part of the job was the team. everyone was so lovely and worked as a team.
Pros
discounts
Cons
busy times around xmas and new year
It's a nice place to work, however, I'd hate to work there forever.
Interacting with customers, associatively selling products to customers to drive sales to achieve our daily budgets. Worked with an awesome team of people and a great management team. Had the opportunities of working in the other departments which helped me gain a lot of product knowledge, processes for different situations and various new skills. Hardest part of the job was not able to fulfil the customers wants or needs due to limited stock availability. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving friendly customers and getting thanks in return.
Pros
morning tea shouts, paid conference, mufti days
Cons
lack of staff, lack of others experience