The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews for Cashier

Teams awesome not so much managment
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty24 June 2018
While working at the warehouse based in rotorua I was able to make friends with colleagues and had such an awesome time with most. Managment was okay. Duty managers were awesome and approachable as for the store manager she was very rude towards team members very little appreciation was shown from her.
Pros
Amazing work perks and colleagues
Cons
Disappointment with store manager
Great starting point for learning retail
Checkout Operator, promoted to sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty7 January 2018
Applied for checkouts worked in cash handling, eftpos, manual transactions laybys, and customer service also packaging for orders, promoted to clothing department where I was responsible for stocking racks, general tidying of our department, stock taking, scanning, pricing, rain-checks, Customer service, team player, heavy lifting, security aswell. Lernt all retail transferable skills.
Pros
dress ups, free lunches, Christmas dinners, and gifts for staff, staff discounts
amazing environment
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury22 August 2017
The warehouse northlands is such a amazing place to work for. Everyone that works there is just so so nice. A++++ place to work very recommend! Manage also is very professional and also so friendly and easy to tell them things
Pros
awesome people, perks of working there, overall 100% best place to work
fun work place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago27 July 2017
had alot of fun working here the team was great to work with and the customers were overall very nice to deal with it is a very friendly environment to work in and it feels like you part of a family that all look out for each other and have fun together
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
the odd difficult customer
The Warehosue as a checkout operator
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Porirua City, Wellington14 June 2017
This is a fantastic job, friendly culture, and great benefits.

Its just a great place to work, staff are supportive when they need to be, and work well as a team.
Pros
Team card discounts
Cons
Night shift can be long.
Very fun working environment
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington2 April 2017
The Staff are amazing, and the management always made time to hear our concerns. The pay was awesome and the environment always felt safe. The best part of the job were the competitions between checkout operators to get donations for charities
the warehouse review
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury27 December 2016
In 2012 I went to the warehouse for a R.S.I.S (red shirts in schools)
course and i passed and it lead onto a job there as checkout and clothing assistant.
I also worked on store floor and got to work with products and customers around the shop.
I worked there for about 8 months before working at velvet burger.
Really fun and supportive workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland25 October 2016
The staff at The Warehouse were really supportive of one another and always kept work entertaining. I learnt to have patience with customers and learnt how to provide an excellent shopping experience for the customers.
Pros
really good salary and pay rises.
Cons
late closes
Great enviroment, good pace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, Waikato20 January 2016
Constantly on my toes, there was always something to do. Great work enviroment to be in. Learnt alot of customer service approaches. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers
Great team.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashburton, S13 August 2015
I loved working there. The whole team was great and sociable yet also professional. The store as a whole was often successful. The store was always clean and did well with sales.
Pros
occasional team shouts (snacks and lollies)
Cons
sometimes short staffed.
good people to work with
footwear/ checkout operator (Current Employee) –  Taupo21 July 2015
Made a lot of true friends working at the Taupo warehouse,alot of friendly stuff and everyone is always taking care of each other. The management are always there to help you when needed. The hardest part is trying to find set hours to fit in with my daughter.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
up and down hours
More learning skills
CHECKOUT OPERATOR/JEWELLERY SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newmarket8 July 2015
In warehouse i like dress up day according to event. As last week we all team member did toy dress in toy sale week.I have learnt team working and time management. All other team member are very supportive. The hardest part of the job when customer feel pain (checkout busy, stock not on hand etc) . the most enjoyable part of the job meeting everyday different customer and every week new layout as per according to deals.
Pros
share lunch
very productive, awesome people and environment
Shop floor assistant and checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Gisborne, N6 March 2014
The Warehouse Gisborne has continually to grow and improve its effort both as an individual store and apart of the whole franchise. It is a fun place to work with great people and an amazing work environment
Check out operator/cash n carry
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Nz15 December 2013
Loved workn here management was awesome.work was pretty well laid out each day by the boss.awesome staff.always interacting with customers.as GILMORES is a food warehouse.so we did picked orders for shops private bussinesses mostly retailers.loads of lifti pulling loadin packing and ample work.
Pros
awesome place to work.friendly work enviroment
Cons
i had to leave because my son was hospitalised for three months and neede day to day care.
Work place
Service/ Part time cashier/ Shoop floor (Former Employee) –  Kaikohe, N29 August 2013
The Warehouse Ltd Kaikohe was a lovely place to work. I learnt a lot from this place and i really had a lot of motivation by working in the areas i worked in. My co-workers were the best i could have asked for as wel as management. I had full times hours and a lot of good and bad experiences but it helped make me who i am today.
Pros
Good friends, great learning experiences, full time hours
Cons
That i left
fun workplace . great team environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  barrington29 January 2013
management was really friendly and handled situations well. the most enjoyable part of the job was the team. everyone was so lovely and worked as a team.
Pros
discounts
Cons
busy times around xmas and new year
Nice people, fast moving job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrinsville, Waikato13 January 2013
It's a nice place to work, however, I'd hate to work there forever.
Productive and fun place to work
Music Team Member/ supervisor/ checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, New Zealand5 June 2012
Interacting with customers, associatively selling products to customers to drive sales to achieve our daily budgets. Worked with an awesome team of people and a great management team. Had the opportunities of working in the other departments which helped me gain a lot of product knowledge, processes for different situations and various new skills. Hardest part of the job was not able to fulfil the customers wants or needs due to limited stock availability. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving friendly customers and getting thanks in return.
Pros
morning tea shouts, paid conference, mufti days
Cons
lack of staff, lack of others experience