The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

N/a
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thames-Coromandel District, Waikato1 February 2018
Gave me a good chance to work in a lot of different departments and learnt a great deal with in the company. If I would I would with there again if there was nothing around
Fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington18 January 2018
When I done work experience at the warehouse lower I was shown what to do and how to do it from the manager and she was very thorough I got the hang of things pretty quickly and I was always on time.if I wasn’t sure of something I would ask another team member I had customers asking question I would help them out and put them in the right direction I was only there for 3weeks but I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Gifts and the end of the year
Very productive and fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaitaia, Northland14 January 2018
Had a good atmosphere. Colleagues are fun even more so when you are happy so are your customers. The hardest part was if you ended up with a customer who was so adamant about a product it was hard however lucky the manager comes in to help.
Cons
They couldn't move my hours to suit my home lifestyle
Good
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Zealand27 August 2017
Only work occasionally for them. but they seemed good. Management was great, managed all issues that came up in timely and efficient manner. They do hire some questionable staff, so you may be working with people who are quite challenging.
Warehouse
Retail Sales Assistant, customer care (Current Employee) –  Motueka, Tasman10 April 2017
I've work here for many years,
I hav one day a week premium day for 4 years And they just used me when ever they needed for more hours.
They do this to alot of ppl. I'm sure other warehouses are better 😊 this place has changed mangers so much it will make ur head spin.
Pros
You get a 12.5 discount
Customer Focus
Online and Shopfloor team member (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty30 March 2017
Applying a lot of energy to satisfy a customers needs, teams needs and management needs. I am always satisfied when the customer leaves with a smile..
The warehouse
School equipment
Bikes
Baby products
Efficient time manangement
Wild Pair Retail Assistant-Stylist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, Auckland7 July 2016
No 2 days were positively ever the same. The work environment was the most enjoyable part of the job because of the cultural difference with the work place.
Pros
Friendships made
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland24 October 2015
The work load I was assigned to became too much for me to handle. It became difficult for me to manage the cleanliness of my department as well as going to assist as check outs, and stock recovery.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Work load was so intense.
my shift at the warehouse
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, New Zealand12 July 2015
my day started with a floor work of the shop floor and I had to merchandised and restock the empty shelves. I had to talk over in the morning staff would start and complete it for the night fill staff, as I work I have to take customers calls and help out customers in store my hardest part and the best part is when I get a big pallet of stock and have to sort it out and make up the furniture, I love a challenge, I was alone most the times in my department and I work better that, what I loved about my job was the multicultural people I meet and the appreciation by customers, I learnt a lot while working as I worked I had more and new things I learnt which was good I was never bored in the job I had new things to learn.
Cons
short hours, not enough staff
Fun environment
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson,Auckland5 March 2015
Friendly staff members, always work to keep me busy, alot of team work related jobs which i enjoyed alot because i like to work in small teams to complete tasks as i feel more motivated to work.
Pros
alot of friendly staff
Cons
Some grumpy staff
Great support for employees
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 October 2014
Supportive management, good work/life balance, day off for birthday,
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistance (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N6 August 2014
The most enjoyable part about working with The Warehouse must have been when i had to restock the shelves or when I had to change the prices of many products.
I worked with the health and beauty section.
The management team was a good group of people to work with as a first job.
A typical day at work would be getting to work by 8:30 start the morning off with back to stock then we would finish at about 5.
Pros
fun and exciting evironment
Cons
Not enough of being told what needed to be done
varied role lots to learn
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napier, N31 March 2014
Overall reasonable company to work for learnt a lot of skills while employed by them in all aspects of retail and a reasonable amount of management skills.
Most enjoyable for me was providing a customer will great service that they appreciate and enjoy knowing they are walking out the door happy. Hardest part of the job is management forgetting how important the people on the front line are and not being treated well. Most co workers are great with a lot of skills and knowledge
It was good work place for work experince
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, N26 March 2014
I learned alot from my time of having work experince there.
The few things i learnt was how to stock,scan,store and mark I also had a chance to work with people outside of my comfort zone which gave me a chance to work with other people.
Pros
Could go out for lunch.
Fun workplace, great enviroment
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, N10 February 2014
Great place to learn and build experience up. Great staff and working hours, learn many new things, and you start to feel great once you start working. make new friends fast and learn how the team works.
Pros
some free team lunches
Cons
good hours
Fun work environment.
• Customer Interaction
• Giving Product Advice when required
• Health and Safety procedures
• Computer Literate

There was no hard day at work because I enjoyed it.
Everyday was a new experience.
Pros
Bonuses at the end of the year.
Cons
No cons
Overall knowledge was a bonus
Clothing Department/Shop floor team member (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, Auckland7 October 2013
A typical day involved alot of customer service, talking and helping customers with their every day needs. Working in the clothing department was a bonus for me because i was able to learn about season fashions, trends, what was popular and customer focuses and key selling points. The management side of the store was quite good, most were friendly, willing to help you go further in your job and always willing to be of assistance in any way. The hardest part of the job was being able to follow all rules and codes within set times and making it look good and customer friendly but it was a good challenge in the end.
Pros
knowledge of fashion
Cons
expectations of management could be a bit much sometimes.
Productive workplace
Floor team Member (Former Employee) –  Albany Northshore9 September 2012
A typical day working at The Warehouse Extra in Albany started with the manager having a meeting with the team to give us instructions for the day. It normally included going around and putting clothes back to their original places; Making sure the sizes were in order; making sure clothes were neatly folded in a certain way; Making sure the prices were accurate and changed the ticketing if they were incorrect. They taught me how to use their machine to find the right pricing and to make items reduced to clear. The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of cleaning the changing room because it was always packed with people and they leave their clothes behind. At the end of your shift the changing room was supposed to be left spotless. The most enjoyable part for me was working with the team members and helping customers find what they need or want to purchase. Most of the co-workers were easy to get along with and they taught me how to remember were certain items were placed. The managers were very helpful, and easy to get along with. They helped me when i required assistance with customers.
Pros
getting paid time and a half on holidays
Cons
when work is slow
Big Warehouse
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakuranga auckland2 August 2012
The Warehouse is great place to be at, friendly people and safe environment
Pros
i dont know
Cons
i dont know