The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate23 reviews
New Zealand23 reviews
Opening up the Entertainment Department, start up all displays, TV's, laptops, tablets, consoles and mobile phones. Ensuring they are in working condition. Learning all technical dimensions and specifications for the benefits of customer for better choice their devices and consoles. Loved the challenges everyday. Working with amazing team members.
I found it really fun working with the warehouse. Staff are friendly and helpful. I learnt a lot of different things there. I helped my manager with clearance and anything else that needed to be done. They taught me some of the price integrity.
Enjoyable place to work learnt a lot about the retail industry, always heaps of work to complete and the staff there know how to treat you properly and are always helpful when in need of help with a task you are doing or trying to complete. Would love to actually work here Full time or part-time
Pros
Always jobs to complete, and learning all the time.
Gave me a good chance to work in a lot of different departments and learnt a great deal with in the company. If I would I would with there again if there was nothing around
When I done work experience at the warehouse lower I was shown what to do and how to do it from the manager and she was very thorough I got the hang of things pretty quickly and I was always on time.if I wasn’t sure of something I would ask another team member I had customers asking question I would help them out and put them in the right direction I was only there for 3weeks but I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Gifts and the end of the year
Cons
Had a good atmosphere. Colleagues are fun even more so when you are happy so are your customers. The hardest part was if you ended up with a customer who was so adamant about a product it was hard however lucky the manager comes in to help.
Cons
They couldn't move my hours to suit my home lifestyle
Only work occasionally for them. but they seemed good. Management was great, managed all issues that came up in timely and efficient manner. They do hire some questionable staff, so you may be working with people who are quite challenging.
I've work here for many years,
I hav one day a week premium day for 4 years And they just used me when ever they needed for more hours.

They do this to alot of ppl. I'm sure other warehouses are better 😊 this place has changed mangers so much it will make ur head spin.
Pros
You get a 12.5 discount
Applying a lot of energy to satisfy a customers needs, teams needs and management needs. I am always satisfied when the customer leaves with a smile..
Furniture

Garden

School equipment

Bikes

Baby products
No 2 days were positively ever the same. The work environment was the most enjoyable part of the job because of the cultural difference with the work place.
Pros
Friendships made
The work load I was assigned to became too much for me to handle. It became difficult for me to manage the cleanliness of my department as well as going to assist as check outs, and stock recovery.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Work load was so intense.
my day started with a floor work of the shop floor and I had to merchandised and restock the empty shelves. I had to talk over in the morning staff would start and complete it for the night fill staff, as I work I have to take customers calls and help out customers in store my hardest part and the best part is when I get a big pallet of stock and have to sort it out and make up the furniture, I love a challenge, I was alone most the times in my department and I work better that, what I loved about my job was the multicultural people I meet and the appreciation by customers, I learnt a lot while working as I worked I had more and new things I learnt which was good I was never bored in the job I had new things to learn.
Cons
short hours, not enough staff
Friendly staff members, always work to keep me busy, alot of team work related jobs which i enjoyed alot because i like to work in small teams to complete tasks as i feel more motivated to work.
Pros
alot of friendly staff
Cons
Some grumpy staff
Supportive management, good work/life balance, day off for birthday,
The most enjoyable part about working with The Warehouse must have been when i had to restock the shelves or when I had to change the prices of many products.
I worked with the health and beauty section.

The management team was a good group of people to work with as a first job.

A typical day at work would be getting to work by 8:30 start the morning off with back to stock then we would finish at about 5.
Pros
fun and exciting evironment
Cons
Not enough of being told what needed to be done
Overall reasonable company to work for learnt a lot of skills while employed by them in all aspects of retail and a reasonable amount of management skills.
Most enjoyable for me was providing a customer will great service that they appreciate and enjoy knowing they are walking out the door happy. Hardest part of the job is management forgetting how important the people on the front line are and not being treated well. Most co workers are great with a lot of skills and knowledge
I learned alot from my time of having work experince there.
The few things i learnt was how to stock,scan,store and mark I also had a chance to work with people outside of my comfort zone which gave me a chance to work with other people.
Pros
Could go out for lunch.
Great place to learn and build experience up. Great staff and working hours, learn many new things, and you start to feel great once you start working. make new friends fast and learn how the team works.
Pros
some free team lunches
Cons
good hours
• Cash Handling
• Impulse Stock

• Operating Tills

• Customer Interaction

• Giving Product Advice when required

• Health and Safety procedures

• Computer Literate

There was no hard day at work because I enjoyed it.

Everyday was a new experience.
Pros
Bonuses at the end of the year.
Cons
No cons
A typical day involved alot of customer service, talking and helping customers with their every day needs. Working in the clothing department was a bonus for me because i was able to learn about season fashions, trends, what was popular and customer focuses and key selling points. The management side of the store was quite good, most were friendly, willing to help you go further in your job and always willing to be of assistance in any way. The hardest part of the job was being able to follow all rules and codes within set times and making it look good and customer friendly but it was a good challenge in the end.
Pros
knowledge of fashion
Cons
expectations of management could be a bit much sometimes.
4.2