The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member20 reviews
New Zealand20 reviews
Good workplace culture and good place to start a career if do not have any previous work experience. The warehouse group provide their employee trainings, it is online so one can have taring in relevant area as well as other area also.
Favouritism, bully tactics. There was a few awesome team members. Constantly watching your back, it's not what you know but who you know in the company. There was no room for growth
Pros
Shared lunches
Cons
Stressful
The Warehouse was once a great place to work. They now claim covid19 and anything else for having to restructure. Restructure at the warehouse means disregarding your emplyment cintract and making you reapply for a less role, when ever they feel it is needed.
The Warehouse is no longer a secure place to work.

Years making money from New Zealanders and they cant give some of it back.

Stressful, underpaid, unsocial rosters, hardly any chance to progress, uncompetitive wages, boring, dead end jobs.
Jaded coworkers and tedious tasks round out the picture. Also, customers are the worst.
Pros
Consistency?
Cons
Everything else.
Got to know a bunch of great people, the work environment, below management was cool and friendly. Could be tense at times, management do not clearly communicate with shop floor staff
I worked through Gateway so i didn't get paid so that kind of sucked but i got credits so that was good too! i enjoyed the experience of being able to get a glimpse into working.
One of the greatest things about working with The Warehouse is that you never have the same day twice. There's always so much to do, which keeps the days interesting and time flies by so fast. I learnt so much during my time there, including how to operate checkouts, how to handle customers of different backgrounds and moods, learnt about products in the entertainment department and electronics, as well as learning how to deal with customer queries on a direct level through working in the customer service department. The management was really hard working and focussed, making sure deadlines were consistently met, and if not- what could be improved to make sure the next deadline was not only met, but exceeded. The hardest part of the job was when customers were after a specific item and you're not able to provide that item for them right away, because you see how upset they could get sometimes but the best part of the job was seeing their smiling faces when they got what they walked in to get and giving them a friendly farewell, knowing very well that you'll see them back in store again in the near future.
Pros
The company looks after the staff very well.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours could get a bit tiring and exhausting, especially with the constant heavy lifting.
Working here taught me so much, how to work as part of an efficient team and individually, working with customers both happy and not so happy, the little things that make work that much easier.

Even though you go to work to work, working here definitely was like working with family, and that's how it was here.

I loved working for this company from the customers to the co-workers it was always a good time.
I enjoy working in the Warehouse Limited as the work culture is very friendly and supportive here. other than that the perks and the benefits given are the best in the industry.
Pros
Birthday Leaves
Cons
Does not support work visa for International students
I enjoyed my experience working at The Warehouse, Wainuiomata . I would've liked to continue working there part time but there were no jobs available to me.
Effective Customer Service each day.

How to deal with diverse customers of all ages.

Management has open communication to communicate all tasks that is required from team members.

Co-workers learns and teaches each others role.

Learning to be multi-tasks in the company.

Maintaining customer demand for products that they are wanting on the day.
Pros
Christmas Lunches
fun working place to work in and the people at the work are helpful and fun to work with. they make you like your home and make you part of the family. they have really good managers there and the supervisors there are really helpful and great.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
I enjoyed working with groups or individually, the other beneficial of working at The Warehouse they provide training for the staff in order to do our job accordingly
This was a great place to learn valuable skills both in and out of the work place. I am fortunate enough to have been able to gain experience from this store, as it was my first job.
Pros
Staff discounts. Good pay. Good work:day-off ratio.
Cons
Retail, so some customers can be a pain.
Training new workers in the assembly of bikes. Enjoyed being part of a team. Varied responsibilities enabled me to advance my position ending as factory supervisor with a team of thirteen.
Pros
Good incentive bonus
Cons
repetitive work
Working in this job has taught me everything I know about retail, customer service and the importance of working as a team. The hardest part of the job is probably consistently keeping on top of TASK management/urgency and TIME management which I have successfully learned to manage due to working at this job.
I enjoyed my work experience with Henderson Warehouse as it enhance my skills with customers.
Pros
Different Range of people
Cons
Hot Enivronment
Matamata warehouse was my first retail job , it was a great learning experience .
I was on checkouts when i first started then i went into clothing dept,. I found i could do alot more practical work & learn even more.

Management was great the listened to you & also guided you if you needed help with anything .
Pros
staff conference
Cons
not enough hours
I learned to work in a team collectively and time management
We would wait for the Warehouse to close before we could start our stock taking. We were given the task to count stock of a located area and move on to other locations once one was completed.
This would go on till around 4 am the latest.

The hardest part of the job would be keeping focused on the task as the night progresses.
Cons
Working hours