The Warehouse Group Management reviews

Fun workplace. Staff are all quite nice
Sales assistant, cashier (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty1 February 2019
Having worked at The Warehouse for over six years, I found my time there to be satisfactory. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the job, but was mot satisfied with the overall general direction of the store.
Pros
Laidback workplace
Cons
Not enough hours. Management structure is terrible
great place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Lukes NZ28 January 2019
customer friendly, staff are awesome, management was well involved with us workers making sure we were maintaining work standards, very hands on but chill environment
Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui30 July 2018
Great place to work great team great management team, It was never the same day twice. Working with a vast and diverse bunch of people. Regular happy customers
Excellent work enviroment
Night fill Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Zealand28 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a Night Fill Team lead.
The management and team were encouraging and helpful during my time there.
The night shift was a fast paced challenging role, with many opportunities for growth.
The most difficult part of the job was to get cohesion in place among the crew.
The most enjoyable part was the family culture that was implemented in the store.
everyone was supportive of one another.
With that , at times, the perception versus reality of what good looks like was at times skewed.
However with all that being said, I would work back there in a heartbeat. I was under a contract, and during that time I was appreciated and valued in my work place.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
contract only
Fun place to work with good scope of advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 January 2018
The Warehouse was a great place to work.Had a great team culture and very supportive peers and management.
The work life balance provided by the organisation is second to none and every team member is treated with respect.
Pros
Good team environment
great place to work at
Night fill (Former Employee) –  lincoln road29 November 2017
Very demanding job but rewarding.Team members very friendly great to work with. Management sometimes are not on the same page so there's a bit of confusion , But overall loved working there
Pros
team member discount
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting, pallets stacked very high
A productive and enjoyable workplace
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) –  Matamata, Waikato29 August 2017
Working at the Warehouse was a good experience. On a day to day basis we would move stock from the stock room, restock shelves and rearrange displays. The people I worked with made the work enjoyable and management was always approachable and flexible.
Good
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Zealand27 August 2017
Only work occasionally for them. but they seemed good. Management was great, managed all issues that came up in timely and efficient manner. They do hire some questionable staff, so you may be working with people who are quite challenging.
was a good comany to work for until restructure
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland15 August 2017
Very busy which was good, but one of the mantra's the warehouse say is people first, I think that the have forgotten their staff a bit.
change is expected in company's but the last restructure was not handled well,
Fast paced and entertaining workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland8 August 2017
One of the greatest things about working with The Warehouse is that you never have the same day twice. There's always so much to do, which keeps the days interesting and time flies by so fast. I learnt so much during my time there, including how to operate checkouts, how to handle customers of different backgrounds and moods, learnt about products in the entertainment department and electronics, as well as learning how to deal with customer queries on a direct level through working in the customer service department. The management was really hard working and focussed, making sure deadlines were consistently met, and if not- what could be improved to make sure the next deadline was not only met, but exceeded. The hardest part of the job was when customers were after a specific item and you're not able to provide that item for them right away, because you see how upset they could get sometimes but the best part of the job was seeing their smiling faces when they got what they walked in to get and giving them a friendly farewell, knowing very well that you'll see them back in store again in the near future.
Pros
The company looks after the staff very well.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours could get a bit tiring and exhausting, especially with the constant heavy lifting.
organised
Check- Out Supervisor/ Trainee Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty22 July 2017
very good work place, good management good people fair honest. great pay rate, good experience. flexible hours, part full time. you get the opportunity to advance up the ladder
Pros
good pay
Cons
stroppy customers
Awesome Job
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt Roskill12 July 2017
Awesome environment good place to work, have a bubbly environment and easy people to get a long with most managers are hardworking. real flexible with employee development.
Pros
Awesome Team
Cons
good people to work with
Warehouse Assistant (Casual Worker) (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland7 June 2017
first day was hard getting to know everyone I learn how to work as a team. the management was easy to get along with and the people were friendly the hardest part of the job was learning how to multi task the most enjoyable part of the job was everyday was a challenge.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Different Shifts and Hours
great
Shelving and store person (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington6 June 2017
good management great work experience a bit of improvement in the management section other than that overall it was a great company and very good environment
Very fun working environment
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington2 April 2017
The Staff are amazing, and the management always made time to hear our concerns. The pay was awesome and the environment always felt safe. The best part of the job were the competitions between checkout operators to get donations for charities
Customer Focus
Online and Shopfloor team member (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty30 March 2017
Applying a lot of energy to satisfy a customers needs, teams needs and management needs. I am always satisfied when the customer leaves with a smile..
Great support and team
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northcote, Auckland30 March 2017
There is great management support and team work here. The hours were flexible.

What I enjoyed the most was that no two days were the same, there was continuous change and challenges
Productive, Fun and Great Opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton10 January 2017
Being my first ever job I enjoyed every moment of my time at The Hillcrest Warehouse. I started off working on the checkouts, then I excelled on to music bar and also Jewellery counter. At each of these stations i had to learn new things and I enjoyed the dfferent challenges that I had to face on a day to day basis. I was working full time in a matter of months so there are great up skilling opportunities within. The staff and management are really halpful and friendly.
Fast paced and room for growth
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland5 December 2016
A fast paced workplace, The Warehouse provides a lot of online training to support their employees. There's endless tasks that always need doing and always a customer that needs help. I learnt a lot about customer service, this is something The Warehouse focuses strongly on. The co-workers are amazing and management are always seeking new ways to aid their employees. Around particularly busy times, you are required to put up with a lot of stress and pressure, it is a similar environment to hospitality. Retail has a lot of room for growth and I certainly learnt a lot at The Warehouse.
Pros
Great pay rates
Cons
Stressful and pressured environment at times
Typical day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 November 2016
What I Learnt:
- Customers satisfaction is the key to achieving cooperate goals.
- Always stay positive.

Management:
- Management was great.

Co-workers:
- My co-workers are the best. Always keen to lend a helping hand when needed.

Hardest Part of the job:
- Dealing with unsatisfied customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Interacting with people from all types of different backgrounds.
Cons
short breaks

4.2