The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Warehouse Group Management reviews

New Zealand228 reviews
I learnt how to cash handle and how to work eftpos. The hardest part was being polite and respectful to customers who were not doing the same. A day at work would go fast as it was very busy during that time period (Christmas time). The management was great, a really good team of people.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude customers
Favouritism, bully tactics. There was a few awesome team members. Constantly watching your back, it's not what you know but who you know in the company. There was no room for growth
Pros
Shared lunches
Cons
Stressful
Got to know a bunch of great people, the work environment, below management was cool and friendly. Could be tense at times, management do not clearly communicate with shop floor staff
Great environment a lot of work overnight
A lot of sweeping

Organised team and management
Good casual work and hours
Awesome perks if there any for casual
Great remuneration, leave entitlements, team members, management, administration, discounts, education, training, after work functions, feedback and culture.
Awesome team at the Warehouse riccarton. Management was easy to get along with as were the rest of the staff. Highly recommend accepting any job offer from them.
Pros
Awesome team to work with.
Cons
Busiest time of the day is between 3pm and 7pm
Love working at the warehouse, co-workers and management are great to work with. The company really values the importance of taking care of its workers and customers needs.
Entreprise familiale, respectueuse des individus,
I started working at The Warehouse straight out of school it was always a very stable job good hours okay pay. I never really had any problems with the company i would still be there if i had decided to stay in New Zealand overall is its a good company to work for i would just never want to work there full time forever. The management varied between stores one of the stores i worked at the management was appalling in the way they worked throwing each other under the bus and just being very petty while the other store it was like one big family.
Pros
chill work good hours okay pay
Cons
Management could be terrible
Having worked at The Warehouse for over six years, I found my time there to be satisfactory. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the job, but was mot satisfied with the overall general direction of the store.
Pros
Laidback workplace
Cons
Not enough hours. Management structure is terrible
customer friendly, staff are awesome, management was well involved with us workers making sure we were maintaining work standards, very hands on but chill environment
Buen ambiente laboral, aprendí la distribución de la casa matriz, la gerencia muy acogedora con gente extranjera principalmente.
Great place to work great team great management team, It was never the same day twice. Working with a vast and diverse bunch of people. Regular happy customers
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a Night Fill Team lead.
The management and team were encouraging and helpful during my time there.
The night shift was a fast paced challenging role, with many opportunities for growth.

The most difficult part of the job was to get cohesion in place among the crew.

The most enjoyable part was the family culture that was implemented in the store.

everyone was supportive of one another.

With that , at times, the perception versus reality of what good looks like was at times skewed.

However with all that being said, I would work back there in a heartbeat. I was under a contract, and during that time I was appreciated and valued in my work place.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
contract only
The Warehouse was a great place to work.Had a great team culture and very supportive peers and management.
The work life balance provided by the organisation is second to none and every team member is treated with respect.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Very demanding job but rewarding.Team members very friendly great to work with. Management sometimes are not on the same page so there's a bit of confusion , But overall loved working there
Pros
team member discount
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting, pallets stacked very high
Working at the Warehouse was a good experience. On a day to day basis we would move stock from the stock room, restock shelves and rearrange displays. The people I worked with made the work enjoyable and management was always approachable and flexible.
Only work occasionally for them. but they seemed good. Management was great, managed all issues that came up in timely and efficient manner. They do hire some questionable staff, so you may be working with people who are quite challenging.
Very busy which was good, but one of the mantra's the warehouse say is people first, I think that the have forgotten their staff a bit.
change is expected in company's but the last restructure was not handled well,
One of the greatest things about working with The Warehouse is that you never have the same day twice. There's always so much to do, which keeps the days interesting and time flies by so fast. I learnt so much during my time there, including how to operate checkouts, how to handle customers of different backgrounds and moods, learnt about products in the entertainment department and electronics, as well as learning how to deal with customer queries on a direct level through working in the customer service department. The management was really hard working and focussed, making sure deadlines were consistently met, and if not- what could be improved to make sure the next deadline was not only met, but exceeded. The hardest part of the job was when customers were after a specific item and you're not able to provide that item for them right away, because you see how upset they could get sometimes but the best part of the job was seeing their smiling faces when they got what they walked in to get and giving them a friendly farewell, knowing very well that you'll see them back in store again in the near future.
Pros
The company looks after the staff very well.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours could get a bit tiring and exhausting, especially with the constant heavy lifting.
very good work place, good management good people fair honest. great pay rate, good experience. flexible hours, part full time. you get the opportunity to advance up the ladder
Pros
good pay
Cons
stroppy customers