The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Warehouse Group Employee Review

Collaborative and fun work environment

10 December 2019
The team is very friendly and helpful. A typical day at work consists of handling customer enquiries or online orders. Employers are expected to put their customers first , there is a strong customer focus thus all their enquiries are handled promptly and professionally.
13 January 2017
Same role
Shop floor retail assistant (Former Employee) - New Plymouth, Taranaki
A day at The Warehouse is never the same at yesterday, it's always different, being given different tasks within different locations through out the store every day.
Whilst working there for a month, I learned so much about retail. From talking to customers, to sales and the displaying of the items for the guaranteed sales.

Co-workers there were really fun to work with at times, good banter and what not, always fun to be around.

The hardest part of the job is walking in the front door worried about what will come your way within the next few minutes, but after knowing what you are doing, it's really easy.

I really loved the whole job, I enjoy physical work in which case there was a lot of it there, helping customers with items to their cars, to moving furniture from one side of the store to the other.
Pros
A lot of physical work, long hours, friendly team members who are helpful when you are struggling to do a set task
Cons
Lack of permanent work after my contract finished, summer heat
20 July 2013
Same role
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland, N
A typical day at work would mean offering a high demand of customer service. Meeting and greeting customers was a major highlight. I learnt the appropriate measures of dealing with difficult customers and difficult situations which helped me a lot. The fellow co-workers were very friendly and helpful which made me feel right at home. I felt comfortable working in an environment where everyone was supportive and friendly. The hardest part of the job was having the odd one or two customers that were very disrespectful and rude but I retained my composure. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience. I made new friends with the other co-workers and gained new skills that will definitely help with future jobs.
Pros
Short hours
24 June 2020
Nightfill (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
It was a nightfill position, so the hours were to be expected. I personally didn't manage to adjust my sleep schedule too well, but I don't think that affected my performance.
Typically in this role, I worked the pallets, but you work depending on what they decide for you and then you help out the other areas. You may get called upon to do another thing.

I think the hardest thing was that some of the summer pallets ended up being pretty heavy from things such as the large umbrella stands.

I enjoyed working there immensely and regretfully declined the position to stay on as casual since I was moving to Hamilton and was unsure of how often I would be back in town. Turns out maybe 2 days a year.
Pros
Employee Discounts
4.2