The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Warehouse Group Employee Review

it was good

30 March 2017
it was good, not much to say. all night work. some parts very dirty but in the end very good pay. some staff members were very nice and some need to work on their customer service
24 June 2020
Nightfill (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
It was a nightfill position, so the hours were to be expected. I personally didn't manage to adjust my sleep schedule too well, but I don't think that affected my performance.
Typically in this role, I worked the pallets, but you work depending on what they decide for you and then you help out the other areas. You may get called upon to do another thing.

I think the hardest thing was that some of the summer pallets ended up being pretty heavy from things such as the large umbrella stands.

I enjoyed working there immensely and regretfully declined the position to stay on as casual since I was moving to Hamilton and was unsure of how often I would be back in town. Turns out maybe 2 days a year.
Pros
Employee Discounts
23 June 2020
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) - Hastings, Hawke's Bay
I learnt how to cash handle and how to work eftpos. The hardest part was being polite and respectful to customers who were not doing the same. A day at work would go fast as it was very busy during that time period (Christmas time). The management was great, a really good team of people.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude customers
18 June 2020
Availability Team Member (Current Employee) - South Dunedin, Otago
Stressful, underpaid, unsocial rosters, hardly any chance to progress, uncompetitive wages, boring, dead end jobs.
Jaded coworkers and tedious tasks round out the picture. Also, customers are the worst.
Pros
Consistency?
Cons
Everything else.
4.2