The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Warehouse Group Employee Review

my shift at the warehouse

12 July 2015
my day started with a floor work of the shop floor and I had to merchandised and restock the empty shelves. I had to talk over in the morning staff would start and complete it for the night fill staff, as I work I have to take customers calls and help out customers in store my hardest part and the best part is when I get a big pallet of stock and have to sort it out and make up the furniture, I love a challenge, I was alone most the times in my department and I work better that, what I loved about my job was the multicultural people I meet and the appreciation by customers, I learnt a lot while working as I worked I had more and new things I learnt which was good I was never bored in the job I had new things to learn.
Cons
short hours, not enough staff
1 June 2020
Same role
Technical Assistant & Shopfloor Team Member (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Opening up the Entertainment Department, start up all displays, TV's, laptops, tablets, consoles and mobile phones. Ensuring they are in working condition. Learning all technical dimensions and specifications for the benefits of customer for better choice their devices and consoles. Loved the challenges everyday. Working with amazing team members.
5 January 2020
Same role
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I found it really fun working with the warehouse. Staff are friendly and helpful. I learnt a lot of different things there. I helped my manager with clearance and anything else that needed to be done. They taught me some of the price integrity.
8 August 2017
Same location
Team Member (Former Employee) - Sylvia Park, Auckland
One of the greatest things about working with The Warehouse is that you never have the same day twice. There's always so much to do, which keeps the days interesting and time flies by so fast. I learnt so much during my time there, including how to operate checkouts, how to handle customers of different backgrounds and moods, learnt about products in the entertainment department and electronics, as well as learning how to deal with customer queries on a direct level through working in the customer service department. The management was really hard working and focussed, making sure deadlines were consistently met, and if not- what could be improved to make sure the next deadline was not only met, but exceeded. The hardest part of the job was when customers were after a specific item and you're not able to provide that item for them right away, because you see how upset they could get sometimes but the best part of the job was seeing their smiling faces when they got what they walked in to get and giving them a friendly farewell, knowing very well that you'll see them back in store again in the near future.
Pros
The company looks after the staff very well.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours could get a bit tiring and exhausting, especially with the constant heavy lifting.
4.2