The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand226 reviews
It was a nightfill position, so the hours were to be expected. I personally didn't manage to adjust my sleep schedule too well, but I don't think that affected my performance.
Typically in this role, I worked the pallets, but you work depending on what they decide for you and then you help out the other areas. You may get called upon to do another thing.

I think the hardest thing was that some of the summer pallets ended up being pretty heavy from things such as the large umbrella stands.

I enjoyed working there immensely and regretfully declined the position to stay on as casual since I was moving to Hamilton and was unsure of how often I would be back in town. Turns out maybe 2 days a year.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
great people to work with, I have learnt a lot from other work mates to improved myself and I have also do my best to help others to learn better and by giving good advice to do with the work place.
Health and safety is always important at our work place.
Working here taught me so much, how to work as part of an efficient team and individually, working with customers both happy and not so happy, the little things that make work that much easier.

Even though you go to work to work, working here definitely was like working with family, and that's how it was here.

I loved working for this company from the customers to the co-workers it was always a good time.
Demonstrating customer service and following sales procedures Communicating effectively and listening to their needs and wants Recommending and suggesting products to customers Completing bank runs- depositing large quantities of cash Presenting merchandise and organise stock
I've work here for many years,
I hav one day a week premium day for 4 years And they just used me when ever they needed for more hours.

They do this to alot of ppl. I'm sure other warehouses are better 😊 this place has changed mangers so much it will make ur head spin.
Pros
You get a 12.5 discount
Again loved the job here. Always tried to meet the customers needs everytime to the best of my ability. I loved when a customer would walk away happy with the service provided.
Loved every minute of this job, great people, diverse cultures and just awesome to work in that position. The most difficult part was getting the really hard to understand customers because of a language barrier ,but tried to meet their needs as best as possible.
I enjoy working in the Warehouse Limited as the work culture is very friendly and supportive here. other than that the perks and the benefits given are the best in the industry.
Pros
Birthday Leaves
Cons
Does not support work visa for International students
The Staff are amazing, and the management always made time to hear our concerns. The pay was awesome and the environment always felt safe. The best part of the job were the competitions between checkout operators to get donations for charities
Applying a lot of energy to satisfy a customers needs, teams needs and management needs. I am always satisfied when the customer leaves with a smile..
it was good, not much to say. all night work. some parts very dirty but in the end very good pay. some staff members were very nice and some need to work on their customer service
There is great management support and team work here. The hours were flexible.

What I enjoyed the most was that no two days were the same, there was continuous change and challenges
The work enviroment is like any places you do what any other team member do. It could be sales or stocktake ,the moshhardest thing on the job would be making sure the customer is satisfied . The most enjoyable part of the job would bmaking people happy
Pros
Customer satisfaction
I enjoyed my experience working at The Warehouse, Wainuiomata . I would've liked to continue working there part time but there were no jobs available to me.
I recommend working at The Warehouse WestCity is amazing. Once your apart of the crew there like family. They work together as a team to meet targets and also solve all customers enquires.
This company you will find very friendly people especially the managers and supervisors, they all happy to get along with the employees and encourage them to do their job well anytime...Also you will find fun and enjoy anytime you walk in and out of the building
Pros
free luches
Cons
A day at The Warehouse is never the same at yesterday, it's always different, being given different tasks within different locations through out the store every day.
Whilst working there for a month, I learned so much about retail. From talking to customers, to sales and the displaying of the items for the guaranteed sales.

Co-workers there were really fun to work with at times, good banter and what not, always fun to be around.

The hardest part of the job is walking in the front door worried about what will come your way within the next few minutes, but after knowing what you are doing, it's really easy.

I really loved the whole job, I enjoy physical work in which case there was a lot of it there, helping customers with items to their cars, to moving furniture from one side of the store to the other.
Pros
A lot of physical work, long hours, friendly team members who are helpful when you are struggling to do a set task
Cons
Lack of permanent work after my contract finished, summer heat
Being my first ever job I enjoyed every moment of my time at The Hillcrest Warehouse. I started off working on the checkouts, then I excelled on to music bar and also Jewellery counter. At each of these stations i had to learn new things and I enjoyed the dfferent challenges that I had to face on a day to day basis. I was working full time in a matter of months so there are great up skilling opportunities within. The staff and management are really halpful and friendly.
In 2012 I went to the warehouse for a R.S.I.S (red shirts in schools)
course and i passed and it lead onto a job there as checkout and clothing assistant.

I also worked on store floor and got to work with products and customers around the shop.

I worked there for about 8 months before working at velvet burger.
I have voluntary work experience at Warehouse in Henderson branch as part of the Gateway programme at Kelston Girls’ College. I have competed Level 2 and 3 Customer service award.It was an amazing opportunity for me to work in a customer service because I got to meet lots of Customer as well as i learned how to work in a Customer service environment.
a typical day is working really hard to make ends meat.
co-workers are good to talk to there are a lot of foreign people from around the world so you meet a lot of different people and hear about a lot experiences that thy have had.
Pros
discounts
4.2