The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 November 2016
What I Learnt:
- Customers satisfaction is the key to achieving cooperate goals.
- Always stay positive.

Management:
- Management was great.

Co-workers:
- My co-workers are the best. Always keen to lend a helping hand when needed.

Hardest Part of the job:
- Dealing with unsatisfied customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Interacting with people from all types of different backgrounds.
Cons
short breaks
It is a fun and a good workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Petone, Wellington16 November 2016
My first day at work was pretty much busy because at first I was so scared because i thought working at the warehouse was hard and then after my first day I realized its a good workplace for me and also its fun the group of people who worked there are amazing people. I enjoyed hanging clothes back to where it belongs after someone's using it and then i went to the changing room and get the clothes hanging on the door which is pretty much fun..
Really fun and supportive workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland25 October 2016
The staff at The Warehouse were really supportive of one another and always kept work entertaining. I learnt to have patience with customers and learnt how to provide an excellent shopping experience for the customers.
Pros
really good salary and pay rises.
Cons
late closes
Learning New Skills
Fresh food team member (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, Waikato16 September 2016
Effective Customer Service each day.

How to deal with diverse customers of all ages.

Management has open communication to communicate all tasks that is required from team members.

Co-workers learns and teaches each others role.

Learning to be multi-tasks in the company.

Maintaining customer demand for products that they are wanting on the day.
Pros
Christmas Lunches
Team enviroment
footwear (Current Employee) –  Nelson, Nelson14 August 2016
fun and productive most days but under appreciated by management for all the hard work us non management team put in, the most enjoyable part is the team work and effort by the rest of the team to help out when neded
great workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland18 July 2016
fun working place to work in and the people at the work are helpful and fun to work with. they make you like your home and make you part of the family. they have really good managers there and the supervisors there are really helpful and great.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
good workplace
1 merchandising, customer service, footwear (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland15 July 2016
good workplace to work in. especially having to work with fun workers and having good communication with the other workers and taking to each other makes you feel like your on family.
Pros
free lunch
Efficient time manangement
Wild Pair Retail Assistant-Stylist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, Auckland7 July 2016
No 2 days were positively ever the same. The work environment was the most enjoyable part of the job because of the cultural difference with the work place.
Pros
Friendships made
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland5 July 2016
Overall it is a good place to work, the shifts aren't that bad and there are good discounts and opportunities for employees. However, some of the rules and regulations are rather odd such as you're not allowed to serve people you know which is difficult if you are on checkout duty and a friend/family member you know approaches the checkout.
Productive fun work place
Team Member/Head to Toe Department (Former Employee) –  Te Awamutu, Waikato5 July 2016
Happy work environment
learned to up skill in the retail industry
Excellent team environment
Ticketing night to have all new pricing done before the start of new mailer week.
most enjoyable part is greeting to know regular customers on a personal level & meeting new customers in store
Pros
Family orientated, excellent team enviroment to work.
Cons
sallary could be higher, more interaction with management within work place
fun environment
nightfill (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, Auckland16 May 2016
i learnt about merchandising , as well as staff management and work allocation , nice friendly team , as per i am new i have some difficulty to find the some location for products . get good chance to learn new things.
Pros
discount on some stuff
Ok
Head To Toe - shop floor, customer service (Former Employee) –  Glenfield, Auckland5 April 2016
It was okay working at The Warehouse Glenfield, but sometime the Management was a bit lack with people skills, even with some circumstances, but I like working with the The Warehouse grew.
Enjoyable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland5 April 2016
I enjoyed working with groups or individually, the other beneficial of working at The Warehouse they provide training for the staff in order to do our job accordingly
Excellent Company Culture
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland28 February 2016
The Warehouse is one of the best companies to work in NZ. The employee benefits are attractive to any person that is looking for a job. A typical day at work can be very busy, specially working for retail where you promise the lowest price in the Market. I've learned to work with so many different systems and also to get results working as a team with different departments like DC (Distribution Centre), Shipping, Finance/Accounting, Marketing, Stock Administration (orders generation) and Stores. The co-workers are friendly so this make the job so attractive.
The hardest part of the job are the tidy deadlines we have to face sometimes so some overtime is required.
Pros
Free coffee, tea and parking. Sample sales, Birthday off (paid), Annual Conference with dinner, drinks and 5 Star Hotel paid for you and partner
Cons
Sometimes long hours
One of the best jobs I've had
Checkout supervisor (Former Employee) –  christchurch12 February 2016
I loved this job as it was very relaxing and I got to deal with people on a face to face encounter on a daily interaction. Also got all the training that I asked for so then when I was to leave they were happy with the outcome of my work there.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Some bad customers
productive fun team work
Recoveries and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 January 2016
it was great also it was awesome learning new skills in the retail industry. The co-workers were friendly and management were very inspirational.
Great enviroment, good pace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, Waikato20 January 2016
Constantly on my toes, there was always something to do. Great work enviroment to be in. Learnt alot of customer service approaches. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers
Good experience.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Porirua, N3 December 2015
This was a great place to learn valuable skills both in and out of the work place. I am fortunate enough to have been able to gain experience from this store, as it was my first job.
Pros
Staff discounts. Good pay. Good work:day-off ratio.
Cons
Retail, so some customers can be a pain.
Friendly and a Great place to work
Store person (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland26 November 2015
Awesome friendly environment to work in, Great people to work with.
Motivational and sometimes fast paced but Great to work in.
Productive and fun place to work
EA-GM, Group Info.Systems & Strategy Deployment (Former Employee) –  Auckland25 November 2015
TWL Group is one of the most amazing places to work. They take care of the staff is so many different ways and also the care for the wider community through out the country by way of donations and fundraising.
Their systems and procedures within the business are amazing.
I would work for the group again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Great people and great staff discount deals.

4.2