The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Friendly and a Great place to work
Store person (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland26 November 2015
Awesome friendly environment to work in, Great people to work with.
Motivational and sometimes fast paced but Great to work in.
Productive and fun place to work
EA-GM, Group Info.Systems & Strategy Deployment (Former Employee) –  Auckland25 November 2015
TWL Group is one of the most amazing places to work. They take care of the staff is so many different ways and also the care for the wider community through out the country by way of donations and fundraising.
Their systems and procedures within the business are amazing.
I would work for the group again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Great people and great staff discount deals.
Excellent workplace
Nightfill team Manager (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury16 November 2015
The Warehouse was a fantastic place to work, with a warm and inviting atmosphere it was an absolute pleasure to turn up for work. My typical day at work involved working in the hardware section, which is my passion. Here I learned to work as part of a team to complete tasks and learned valuable skills about building and construction fueling my passion even further. Management was a pleasure to work with, offering advice and knowledge on their experience working for The Warehouse.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland24 October 2015
The work load I was assigned to became too much for me to handle. It became difficult for me to manage the cleanliness of my department as well as going to assist as check outs, and stock recovery.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Work load was so intense.
Productive and fun
Head of Grocery Department (Nightfill) (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, New Zealand13 September 2015
Such an amazing place to work. Everyday and night inst the same.
The people I got to work along side with was amazing. I learned being apart of a great team that get along so well is a team that will get things done together. Management is the best part because they valued their workers and appreciated the extra mile that was put in every night. Hardest part of the Job is trying to keep up with time, when you have so much on you're hands to do. Most enjoyable part is getting everything done on time.
Pros
Discount on products
good people
Customer service, Night fill / Merchindising team. (Former Employee) –  Hamilton hillcrest7 September 2015
good people and great to work with.
management not to great in how they work things out
hard part of the jobs were the previous hour from 7.30pm-4am
Pros
acasional free lunches and percks
Cons
dificult hour when you have a family
Great team.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashburton, S13 August 2015
I loved working there. The whole team was great and sociable yet also professional. The store as a whole was often successful. The store was always clean and did well with sales.
Pros
occasional team shouts (snacks and lollies)
Cons
sometimes short staffed.
Great environment
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manukau2 August 2015
Multi tasked, learnt different roles within the company.Being trained as a supervisor, and working in a friendly environment.
good people to work with
footwear/ checkout operator (Current Employee) –  Taupo21 July 2015
Made a lot of true friends working at the Taupo warehouse,alot of friendly stuff and everyone is always taking care of each other. The management are always there to help you when needed. The hardest part is trying to find set hours to fit in with my daughter.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
up and down hours
Fun workplace
Nightfill (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Sylvia Park15 July 2015
everyones easy going and meeting a lot of new people, spending time at work makes me happy cause it makes me learn more about the work place.
Pros
buy our own lunch
Cons
not long
Varied work load all day
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Puhinui road Papatoetoe15 July 2015
Training new workers in the assembly of bikes. Enjoyed being part of a team. Varied responsibilities enabled me to advance my position ending as factory supervisor with a team of thirteen.
Pros
Good incentive bonus
Cons
repetitive work
my shift at the warehouse
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, New Zealand12 July 2015
my day started with a floor work of the shop floor and I had to merchandised and restock the empty shelves. I had to talk over in the morning staff would start and complete it for the night fill staff, as I work I have to take customers calls and help out customers in store my hardest part and the best part is when I get a big pallet of stock and have to sort it out and make up the furniture, I love a challenge, I was alone most the times in my department and I work better that, what I loved about my job was the multicultural people I meet and the appreciation by customers, I learnt a lot while working as I worked I had more and new things I learnt which was good I was never bored in the job I had new things to learn.
Cons
short hours, not enough staff
More learning skills
CHECKOUT OPERATOR/JEWELLERY SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newmarket8 July 2015
In warehouse i like dress up day according to event. As last week we all team member did toy dress in toy sale week.I have learnt team working and time management. All other team member are very supportive. The hardest part of the job when customer feel pain (checkout busy, stock not on hand etc) . the most enjoyable part of the job meeting everyday different customer and every week new layout as per according to deals.
Pros
share lunch
Fun workplace with great teammates
CHECKOUT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hornby, Christchurch, New Zealand 70428 June 2015
Excellent customer service is a priority. Deal with customer complaints, repairs and returns. Have good product knowledge and store knowledge. Great team that knows their products and store well.
Typical day would be doing hand over with day shift supervisor, hand over with duty manager and team leader. Then go through roster see who is in what department and sort brakes and jobs for the night, while serving customers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers and difficult request.
The most enjoyable part is working with a great team the knows what to do and makes the work environment fun.
Pros
free lunches, great team that worked well together, pay rises, bonus
Cons
unpleasant customers, constant management changes
Challenging and demanding
Stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Papatoetoe, N15 May 2015
Enjoyed this type of work
Experiences gained in all warehouse requirements
Team Leader and Supervisor
We all worked together as a team
Normal hours
Being apart of the companies and meeting new people daily
Fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, N14 April 2015
I learned to be more confident and improved my customer service skills. It wasn't easy for me on the first day but it got easy after I got used to the work habitat. The workers were very helpful. Overall I enjoyed working at the warehouse.
Pros
Improving my customer service skills
Cons
standing all day
productive and fun workplace
nightfill (Former Employee) –  mangere18 March 2015
A typical day at work would be to keep busy so the day goes quick.. I have learned how to deal with dificult customers on a day to day basis. Management needs to be more open to the staff. I am a people person so I work very well in a team environment with both male and female present. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people each and everyday.
Pros
discount card
Cons
flexible hours
The Warehouse Manukau
Nightshift Team Member (Current Employee) –  Manukau , Auckland18 March 2015
With the 10 years working at The Warehouse I have had the knowledge of merchandising new products , working sock on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is that cause we work nightfll its hard in clothing only cause theres 2 of us and our areas the biggest in the store.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have made alot of good friends , knowledge of what to do in clothing.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Short staff
Fun environment
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson,Auckland5 March 2015
Friendly staff members, always work to keep me busy, alot of team work related jobs which i enjoyed alot because i like to work in small teams to complete tasks as i feel more motivated to work.
Pros
alot of friendly staff
Cons
Some grumpy staff
Fun working enviroment
Casual Team Member - Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Fraser Cove The Warehouse, Tauranga18 December 2014
Working in this job has taught me everything I know about retail, customer service and the importance of working as a team. The hardest part of the job is probably consistently keeping on top of TASK management/urgency and TIME management which I have successfully learned to manage due to working at this job.

4.2