The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand226 reviews
It was a nightfill position, so the hours were to be expected. I personally didn't manage to adjust my sleep schedule too well, but I don't think that affected my performance.
Typically in this role, I worked the pallets, but you work depending on what they decide for you and then you help out the other areas. You may get called upon to do another thing.

I think the hardest thing was that some of the summer pallets ended up being pretty heavy from things such as the large umbrella stands.

I enjoyed working there immensely and regretfully declined the position to stay on as casual since I was moving to Hamilton and was unsure of how often I would be back in town. Turns out maybe 2 days a year.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
A fast paced workplace, The Warehouse provides a lot of online training to support their employees. There's endless tasks that always need doing and always a customer that needs help. I learnt a lot about customer service, this is something The Warehouse focuses strongly on. The co-workers are amazing and management are always seeking new ways to aid their employees. Around particularly busy times, you are required to put up with a lot of stress and pressure, it is a similar environment to hospitality. Retail has a lot of room for growth and I certainly learnt a lot at The Warehouse.
Pros
Great pay rates
Cons
Stressful and pressured environment at times
By working at the Warehouse helps me to gain more skills and more knowledge about what our targets is and getting to know others. At the Warehouse is a workplace where we get to meet different cultures and building relationship with them.
Pros
Free break
Cons
Yes we do long hours sometimes
Furniture

Garden

School equipment

Bikes

Baby products
I just like the work environment at the warehouse because I am gaining skills which are beneficial for future purposes and it will help alot if I gain more.
hard working people which made me work harder
meet new people and also made new goals and

learning the way things worked. learning computer skill work

and programing for dc work.
What I Learnt:
- Customers satisfaction is the key to achieving cooperate goals.

- Always stay positive.

Management:

- Management was great.

Co-workers:

- My co-workers are the best. Always keen to lend a helping hand when needed.

Hardest Part of the job:

- Dealing with unsatisfied customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job:

- Interacting with people from all types of different backgrounds.
Cons
short breaks
My first day at work was pretty much busy because at first I was so scared because i thought working at the warehouse was hard and then after my first day I realized its a good workplace for me and also its fun the group of people who worked there are amazing people. I enjoyed hanging clothes back to where it belongs after someone's using it and then i went to the changing room and get the clothes hanging on the door which is pretty much fun..
The staff at The Warehouse were really supportive of one another and always kept work entertaining. I learnt to have patience with customers and learnt how to provide an excellent shopping experience for the customers.
Pros
really good salary and pay rises.
Cons
late closes
Effective Customer Service each day.

How to deal with diverse customers of all ages.

Management has open communication to communicate all tasks that is required from team members.

Co-workers learns and teaches each others role.

Learning to be multi-tasks in the company.

Maintaining customer demand for products that they are wanting on the day.
Pros
Christmas Lunches
fun and productive most days but under appreciated by management for all the hard work us non management team put in, the most enjoyable part is the team work and effort by the rest of the team to help out when neded
fun working place to work in and the people at the work are helpful and fun to work with. they make you like your home and make you part of the family. they have really good managers there and the supervisors there are really helpful and great.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
good workplace to work in. especially having to work with fun workers and having good communication with the other workers and taking to each other makes you feel like your on family.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
No 2 days were positively ever the same. The work environment was the most enjoyable part of the job because of the cultural difference with the work place.
Pros
Friendships made
Overall it is a good place to work, the shifts aren't that bad and there are good discounts and opportunities for employees. However, some of the rules and regulations are rather odd such as you're not allowed to serve people you know which is difficult if you are on checkout duty and a friend/family member you know approaches the checkout.
Happy work environment
learned to up skill in the retail industry

Excellent team environment

Ticketing night to have all new pricing done before the start of new mailer week.

most enjoyable part is greeting to know regular customers on a personal level & meeting new customers in store
Pros
Family orientated, excellent team enviroment to work.
Cons
sallary could be higher, more interaction with management within work place
i learnt about merchandising , as well as staff management and work allocation , nice friendly team , as per i am new i have some difficulty to find the some location for products . get good chance to learn new things.
Pros
discount on some stuff
Cons
It was okay working at The Warehouse Glenfield, but sometime the Management was a bit lack with people skills, even with some circumstances, but I like working with the The Warehouse grew.
I enjoyed working with groups or individually, the other beneficial of working at The Warehouse they provide training for the staff in order to do our job accordingly
The Warehouse is one of the best companies to work in NZ. The employee benefits are attractive to any person that is looking for a job. A typical day at work can be very busy, specially working for retail where you promise the lowest price in the Market. I've learned to work with so many different systems and also to get results working as a team with different departments like DC (Distribution Centre), Shipping, Finance/Accounting, Marketing, Stock Administration (orders generation) and Stores. The co-workers are friendly so this make the job so attractive.
The hardest part of the job are the tidy deadlines we have to face sometimes so some overtime is required.
Pros
Free coffee, tea and parking. Sample sales, Birthday off (paid), Annual Conference with dinner, drinks and 5 Star Hotel paid for you and partner
Cons
Sometimes long hours
I loved this job as it was very relaxing and I got to deal with people on a face to face encounter on a daily interaction. Also got all the training that I asked for so then when I was to leave they were happy with the outcome of my work there.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Some bad customers