The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

productive and fun place
Christmas Temp Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  New Lynn, N20 June 2014
I have learned how to serve customers efficiently and being able to work well under pressure around the busy christmas period.Because The Warehouse Group helps charities every now and then, We,as Check-out Operators,got involved in asking customers for donations,in which I came first three times in all the 3 charities we had been involved in in the past few months I had started working for The Warehouse Group until recently as well. It is my most enjoyable part of my job,because in the end I also achieved to help a charity within my job. However the most challenging part of the job is not being able to meet my personal targets of trying to help as many customers efficiently within my working hours. I had learned to work under pressure and to be able to face different customers from all walks of life.
Pros
staff discounts
Was ok
Stock preparation for night fill staff (Former Employee) –  the base te rapa17 June 2014
i worked in the stockroom for 7 years offloading and loading trucks.
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun work place
Retail assistant, Stock takes Customer service. Night shift, Supervision of Junior staff, cleaning.
varied role lots to learn
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napier, N31 March 2014
Overall reasonable company to work for learnt a lot of skills while employed by them in all aspects of retail and a reasonable amount of management skills.
Most enjoyable for me was providing a customer will great service that they appreciate and enjoy knowing they are walking out the door happy. Hardest part of the job is management forgetting how important the people on the front line are and not being treated well. Most co workers are great with a lot of skills and knowledge
It was good work place for work experince
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, N26 March 2014
I learned alot from my time of having work experince there.
The few things i learnt was how to stock,scan,store and mark I also had a chance to work with people outside of my comfort zone which gave me a chance to work with other people.
Pros
Could go out for lunch.
very productive, awesome people and environment
Shop floor assistant and checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Gisborne, N6 March 2014
The Warehouse Gisborne has continually to grow and improve its effort both as an individual store and apart of the whole franchise. It is a fun place to work with great people and an amazing work environment
Fun workplace, great enviroment
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, N10 February 2014
Great place to learn and build experience up. Great staff and working hours, learn many new things, and you start to feel great once you start working. make new friends fast and learn how the team works.
Pros
some free team lunches
Cons
good hours
Its fun working in a team that is what I enjoy the most and also learning about new products.
merchandising (Former Employee) –  West Gate/ West Harbour4 February 2014
A typical day at work is when you do the same things over and over again. What ive learnt while working at the warehouse is how to use scanners bar coding product knowledge and how to deal with customers. Ive also learnt how to keep up with my time managment while at the warehouse. The team i worked with they were an awesum crowd they give you a helping hand. The hardest part of working at the warehouse is when stock ordering is back logged in the store room and when you have loads of paper work. The most enjoyable part of working at the warehouse is when you and the team been told by your team leader says excillent work.
Pros
Free lunche when HollyWood Cafe has to much left over food
Cons
Busy, Dynamic, fast growth.
Business Manager / Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland3 January 2014
TVIB was a new start up division within The Warehouse Group. My role was the development and implementation of the new business proposal.
Pros
Excellent remuneration
Cons
1 tear contract fixed term
Check out operator/cash n carry
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Nz15 December 2013
Loved workn here management was awesome.work was pretty well laid out each day by the boss.awesome staff.always interacting with customers.as GILMORES is a food warehouse.so we did picked orders for shops private bussinesses mostly retailers.loads of lifti pulling loadin packing and ample work.
Pros
awesome place to work.friendly work enviroment
Cons
i had to leave because my son was hospitalised for three months and neede day to day care.
Good work Place
Dismantaling shelves (Former Employee) –  Manukau9 December 2013
work was great when everybody in the team is working consistantly
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
fun workplace
Check operator (Former Employee) –  Rangiora, S6 December 2013
same as the 1st warehouse description it was great to work for loved the place learned heaps with retail management were awesome co workers were great the hardest part of it was wen there was something a customer wanted but didnt have in stock and loved the job al together same as last review how can i put my cover letter on here it wont let me
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waipapa,26 November 2013
Thursdays was the typical day at work because you always new that there were meetings to have throughout the day ,this was every week so that everyone was on the same page and communication from the company on what is coming up.

I learnt a lot from this company , Customers needs and exspectations , Community by listening and observing,
Team members - people first policy, Suppliers - sales growth and productivity , shareholders profitable investment.

Management you all have to do your share of work, communication is the biggest of all starts from the top down to the bottom. Having a good management team to work with in your store will flourish with sales.

My co workers we were like one big family .

There was no hard part.

I enjoy doing anything and everything. there was no specific.
Pros
Staff BBq, Paid birthday off, Conference, management shout, company birthday shout, social club outings.
Cons
Long hours xmas and stock take. working one day of the weekend a must
Fun place work
Anything (Former Employee) –  Te Awamutu, N19 November 2013
The Warehouse had a relaxed attitude towards work with the exception of a few workers, this attitude helped us be the top shop for 8 months
Pros
plenty of breaks, food supplied
Cons
One of the managers
Fun work environment.
• Customer Interaction
• Giving Product Advice when required
• Health and Safety procedures
• Computer Literate

There was no hard day at work because I enjoyed it.
Everyday was a new experience.
Pros
Bonuses at the end of the year.
Cons
No cons
Productive and Fun work place
Contact Person (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland11 November 2013
It was always busy and I learnt new things everyday. I learnt how to deal with different types of customers. I always used to manage to finish my work before I finished. My co workers were very friendly and very helpful as well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with extremely rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday.
good
Shop floor staff member (Former Employee) –  Whakatane, N7 November 2013
Cleaning the tamariki's mess, food everywhere lol, and a lot of smudgy finger prints everywhere that's about it what ever else did not surprise me.
Pros
short hours
Cons
short hiours= less wages
Good work place
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  auckland5 November 2013
I learned to work in a team collectively and time management
Warehouse dispatch
Warehouse Dispatch Abergas (Former Employee) –  Te-rapa/Hamilton29 October 2013
General warehouse task customer service quality assessment I was employed from Success personale as casual staff to carry out the duties with abergas Ltd.
Pros
supply my own lunch
Cons
depends on how much work they have for me
casual
store person (Former Employee) –  mt wellington20 October 2013
I was on call so casual wished I got more hours
customer service skills and problem solving
my co worker were cool
hardest part was there isn't much to do and you more or less standing around
Pros
money
Cons
jack hours

4.2