The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 March 2018
Learnt a lot since it was my second job . I have worked in the Christmas and new years busy days so have experienced the madness of the crowd. The staffs and the manager s were very helpful.
productive and fun
Check out operator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay6 March 2018
i loved working here because it was nice to meet the staff and learning on how the business works every day, everyone is very nice and helpful, may have some problems with some of the customers but everything is fun and easy to learn
Pros
fun staff
Cons
to much misunderstanding of prices
Poor
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 March 2018
I have learnt nothing at this job. No training when I started - pretty much trained myself at this job. Didn't get paid enough especially with a lot of work to do.
Cons
Short hours
Excellent work enviroment
Night fill Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Zealand28 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a Night Fill Team lead.
The management and team were encouraging and helpful during my time there.
The night shift was a fast paced challenging role, with many opportunities for growth.
The most difficult part of the job was to get cohesion in place among the crew.
The most enjoyable part was the family culture that was implemented in the store.
everyone was supportive of one another.
With that , at times, the perception versus reality of what good looks like was at times skewed.
However with all that being said, I would work back there in a heartbeat. I was under a contract, and during that time I was appreciated and valued in my work place.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
contract only
Physical Job
Store person (Former Employee) –  12 Izone Drive, Rolleston23 February 2018
It was a pretty hard and physical job, but it was still a very great experience and I met a lot of friendly people there. Overall it was an okay job, and I would recommend it to people.
educational and fun
Red Shirts Programme (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland12 February 2018
while invested in the red shirts program they reached the perfect balance of practical and theory work. They were all very friendly and kept us under their wing.
Fun & Nice
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui4 February 2018
Was a great way to teach me my skills to start a new job, was a gun & amazing place for work experience & was a very easy and fun way to learn how to be in retail
Biggest non food retailer in New Zealand
Lead Buyer - Footwear (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand3 February 2018
Enjoy the challenges every day, no one day is same.
Learned to operate and manage footwear merchandise department in a big corporate environment.
Buying and product development was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good Staff Discount
Cons
Challenging systems
N/a
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thames-Coromandel District, Waikato1 February 2018
Gave me a good chance to work in a lot of different departments and learnt a great deal with in the company. If I would I would with there again if there was nothing around
Fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington18 January 2018
When I done work experience at the warehouse lower I was shown what to do and how to do it from the manager and she was very thorough I got the hang of things pretty quickly and I was always on time.if I wasn’t sure of something I would ask another team member I had customers asking question I would help them out and put them in the right direction I was only there for 3weeks but I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Gifts and the end of the year
Very productive and fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaitaia, Northland14 January 2018
Had a good atmosphere. Colleagues are fun even more so when you are happy so are your customers. The hardest part was if you ended up with a customer who was so adamant about a product it was hard however lucky the manager comes in to help.
Cons
They couldn't move my hours to suit my home lifestyle
Great starting point for learning retail
Checkout Operator, promoted to sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty7 January 2018
Applied for checkouts worked in cash handling, eftpos, manual transactions laybys, and customer service also packaging for orders, promoted to clothing department where I was responsible for stocking racks, general tidying of our department, stock taking, scanning, pricing, rain-checks, Customer service, team player, heavy lifting, security aswell. Lernt all retail transferable skills.
Pros
dress ups, free lunches, Christmas dinners, and gifts for staff, staff discounts
Fun place to work with good scope of advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 January 2018
The Warehouse was a great place to work.Had a great team culture and very supportive peers and management.
The work life balance provided by the organisation is second to none and every team member is treated with respect.
Pros
Good team environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland6 December 2017
It was a great experience even thou the job was a liitle challenging but I didn't care because I like challenging my-self plus I didn't have any experience before since it is my first job ever but I do learn much.
Pros
free parking
productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland29 November 2017
what I've learnt through out the experience of working was getting to build my confidence and to get more experience from what I've been working hard for.
Pros
free lunches
great place to work at
Night fill (Former Employee) –  lincoln road29 November 2017
Very demanding job but rewarding.Team members very friendly great to work with. Management sometimes are not on the same page so there's a bit of confusion , But overall loved working there
Pros
team member discount
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting, pallets stacked very high
fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  New Zealand19 November 2017
it was fun to work there even i only work there for work experience
it was fun and i learn a lot customer service

At the Warehouse, I stacked and refilled shelves. Developed merchandising skills and performed customer service duties

Very interested in weightlifting for recreation and developing team work. At weightlifting we help and motivate each other through exercise
work well with others
Floor staff,Checkout,Customer enquiries (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland18 November 2017
suffer from mental illness ,it dose not rule my life worked for The Warehouse Group 15yrs retail sales.great at microphonre sales,also do volunteer consumer Rep for The Fono mental mix group. do alot of public speaking in suicide prevention ,it will be a great opportunity to work as a team .
Fun
Auckland - Waitakere (Former Employee) –  Auckland - Waitakere9 November 2017
When I worked at the Warehouse its not a real Job. Its a work experience to do with my NCEA credits for school. And I really enjoyed myself working there ☺
fun work place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui6 November 2017
great staff, good experience would do it again.
work with lots of different groups of people as people do it to fundraiser for sports teams and others.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
late nights work

4.2