The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Good Crew Members
Retail work experience (Former Employee) –  Botany Downs, Auckland4 November 2017
I very much enjoyed the company of the crew members at The Warehouse Botany, they made work feel effortless sometimes. The people I surround myself in work environments always determines the work ethic and attitude I pursue upon my overall performance
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Short breaks
check it again and again
garden (Current Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay1 November 2017
i want to know everyone i the workplace. I can learn more experience in the workplace. The part of the job is doing a rubbish and trolley, and the easy job is doing garden and clothing.
Fun Workplace
Part time traniee (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland9 October 2017
The Warehouse was an amazing places to work at, I had a lot of fun working in different areas with different supper vices. I even got the chance to work in a team and also individual to get the feel of working interdependently on my own. I learned a lot about how a big store like The Warehouse operate and how things are done in different areas of the store.
fun work place
work experince (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, Auckland26 September 2017
the best part about the job for me was probably helping people find things in the store because i got to interact with customers that have different emotions and this taught me that everyone is different no matter where your working and some people have better days than others.
Great work experience
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay20 September 2017
Even though it was for only 2 nights, doing stock take at the Warehouse was pretty awesome. Gaining new experiences that could possibly help in other kinds of jobs later on in life and get to meet new people and just extend your knowledge in working areas
Good high school Job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland12 September 2017
I would come in after school, that was across the road, and sweep out their warehouse from all the wood shavings and dust that had accumulated over the corse of the day. I was also clean the kitchens and the bathrooms as well as clean the reception area.
A productive and enjoyable workplace
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) –  Matamata, Waikato29 August 2017
Working at the Warehouse was a good experience. On a day to day basis we would move stock from the stock room, restock shelves and rearrange displays. The people I worked with made the work enjoyable and management was always approachable and flexible.
Good
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Zealand27 August 2017
Only work occasionally for them. but they seemed good. Management was great, managed all issues that came up in timely and efficient manner. They do hire some questionable staff, so you may be working with people who are quite challenging.
amazing environment
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury22 August 2017
The warehouse northlands is such a amazing place to work for. Everyone that works there is just so so nice. A++++ place to work very recommend! Manage also is very professional and also so friendly and easy to tell them things
Pros
awesome people, perks of working there, overall 100% best place to work
was a good comany to work for until restructure
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland15 August 2017
Very busy which was good, but one of the mantra's the warehouse say is people first, I think that the have forgotten their staff a bit.
change is expected in company's but the last restructure was not handled well,
Amazing work place
Retail (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland11 August 2017
I learned really great skills working here. Customer service, Handling of cash and lay buying. I loved this job as it is focused on the job area i enjoy doing.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nil
Fast paced and entertaining workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland8 August 2017
One of the greatest things about working with The Warehouse is that you never have the same day twice. There's always so much to do, which keeps the days interesting and time flies by so fast. I learnt so much during my time there, including how to operate checkouts, how to handle customers of different backgrounds and moods, learnt about products in the entertainment department and electronics, as well as learning how to deal with customer queries on a direct level through working in the customer service department. The management was really hard working and focussed, making sure deadlines were consistently met, and if not- what could be improved to make sure the next deadline was not only met, but exceeded. The hardest part of the job was when customers were after a specific item and you're not able to provide that item for them right away, because you see how upset they could get sometimes but the best part of the job was seeing their smiling faces when they got what they walked in to get and giving them a friendly farewell, knowing very well that you'll see them back in store again in the near future.
Pros
The company looks after the staff very well.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours could get a bit tiring and exhausting, especially with the constant heavy lifting.
Fundraiser for Kapahaka
Stock take (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury8 August 2017
This was another awesome way to gain some more skills for the workforce. My kapahaka group at the time were very fortunate to do stock take, not only did we get money for our group, we got to do it as group
fun work place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago27 July 2017
had alot of fun working here the team was great to work with and the customers were overall very nice to deal with it is a very friendly environment to work in and it feels like you part of a family that all look out for each other and have fun together
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
the odd difficult customer
organised
Check- Out Supervisor/ Trainee Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty22 July 2017
very good work place, good management good people fair honest. great pay rate, good experience. flexible hours, part full time. you get the opportunity to advance up the ladder
Pros
good pay
Cons
stroppy customers
Awesome Job
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt Roskill12 July 2017
Awesome environment good place to work, have a bubbly environment and easy people to get a long with most managers are hardworking. real flexible with employee development.
Pros
Awesome Team
What I learned
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New zealand3 July 2017
I learned how to communicate , help and also do things with other team members . Also learned how to talk to costumers . Being helpful is always the key to help other.
Cons
No long hours
Fun workplace
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 June 2017
recommend this to other people trying to find a job that you can start with, coming from high school i wanted to make money in a safe and fun environment and i was recommended this job from my family members who have worked here before.
Pros
Family enviroment
Great Job
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland23 June 2017
A fantastic job with great staff who help you pick up the skills quickly. They are very helpful and friendly people. The environment is safe and comfortable.
Pros
music is played
Cons
heavy lifting
the warehouse red sheds
national store development manager (Former Employee) –  The Warehouse Way Northcote19 June 2017
a progressive company that deals in generally non food products, and has a number of various roles within its umbrella of roles in merchandise, operations and other support departments.

I worked in store development for 18 years doing projects and development across a number of fronts for the company and was at the forefront of their progression through the years including their foray into Australia, and using new formats including jewellery, food, liquor and pharmacy.
I enjoyed my time with the warehouse immensely over my time spent there.
Pros
people first policies and group discounts
Cons
continually making the same mistakes

4.2