The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand218 reviews
good
a typical day working at the warehouse was your usual, breaks were always on time, everyone participated quite evenly, everyone was easy to get along with
Very fast pace and full of fun
Working at nz couriers was a great experience because i made alot of friends at work and the vibe there was just always welcoming, happy peers and bosses. Everyone would help each other when stuck, or our manager would come aorund and help us out with reviews for 10 mins before going back on calls. I wouldnt say there was hard parts being there cause everything was well explained at our 6 week trainings.
Fun Place to work
Great place to work with great teams and managers. The work culture is great. The only problem is the range of opportunities to move up the ladder. Otherwise wonderful place to work as a student while studying.
Productive workplace
Learnt a lot since it was my second job . I have worked in the Christmas and new years busy days so have experienced the madness of the crowd. The staffs and the manager s were very helpful.
productive and fun
i loved working here because it was nice to meet the staff and learning on how the business works every day, everyone is very nice and helpful, may have some problems with some of the customers but everything is fun and easy to learn
Pros
fun staff
Cons
to much misunderstanding of prices
Poor
I have learnt nothing at this job. No training when I started - pretty much trained myself at this job. Didn't get paid enough especially with a lot of work to do.
Cons
Short hours
Excellent work enviroment
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a Night Fill Team lead.
The management and team were encouraging and helpful during my time there.

The night shift was a fast paced challenging role, with many opportunities for growth.

The most difficult part of the job was to get cohesion in place among the crew.

The most enjoyable part was the family culture that was implemented in the store.

everyone was supportive of one another.

With that , at times, the perception versus reality of what good looks like was at times skewed.

However with all that being said, I would work back there in a heartbeat. I was under a contract, and during that time I was appreciated and valued in my work place.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
contract only
Physical Job
It was a pretty hard and physical job, but it was still a very great experience and I met a lot of friendly people there. Overall it was an okay job, and I would recommend it to people.
educational and fun
while invested in the red shirts program they reached the perfect balance of practical and theory work. They were all very friendly and kept us under their wing.
Fun & Nice
Was a great way to teach me my skills to start a new job, was a gun & amazing place for work experience & was a very easy and fun way to learn how to be in retail
Biggest non food retailer in New Zealand
Enjoy the challenges every day, no one day is same.
Learned to operate and manage footwear merchandise department in a big corporate environment.

Buying and product development was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Good Staff Discount
Cons
Challenging systems
N/a
Gave me a good chance to work in a lot of different departments and learnt a great deal with in the company. If I would I would with there again if there was nothing around
Fun work place
When I done work experience at the warehouse lower I was shown what to do and how to do it from the manager and she was very thorough I got the hang of things pretty quickly and I was always on time.if I wasn’t sure of something I would ask another team member I had customers asking question I would help them out and put them in the right direction I was only there for 3weeks but I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Gifts and the end of the year
Very productive and fun
Had a good atmosphere. Colleagues are fun even more so when you are happy so are your customers. The hardest part was if you ended up with a customer who was so adamant about a product it was hard however lucky the manager comes in to help.
Cons
They couldn't move my hours to suit my home lifestyle
Great starting point for learning retail
Applied for checkouts worked in cash handling, eftpos, manual transactions laybys, and customer service also packaging for orders, promoted to clothing department where I was responsible for stocking racks, general tidying of our department, stock taking, scanning, pricing, rain-checks, Customer service, team player, heavy lifting, security aswell. Lernt all retail transferable skills.
Pros
dress ups, free lunches, Christmas dinners, and gifts for staff, staff discounts
Fun place to work with good scope of advancement
The Warehouse was a great place to work.Had a great team culture and very supportive peers and management.
The work life balance provided by the organisation is second to none and every team member is treated with respect.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
It was a great experience even thou the job was a liitle challenging but I didn't care because I like challenging my-self plus I didn't have any experience before since it is my first job ever but I do learn much.
Pros
free parking
productive and fun enviroment
what I've learnt through out the experience of working was getting to build my confidence and to get more experience from what I've been working hard for.
Pros
free lunches
great place to work at
Very demanding job but rewarding.Team members very friendly great to work with. Management sometimes are not on the same page so there's a bit of confusion , But overall loved working there
Pros
team member discount
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting, pallets stacked very high
fun
it was fun to work there even i only work there for work experience
it was fun and i learn a lot customer service

At the Warehouse, I stacked and refilled shelves. Developed merchandising skills and performed customer service duties

Very interested in weightlifting for recreation and developing team work. At weightlifting we help and motivate each other through exercise
work well with others
suffer from mental illness ,it dose not rule my life worked for The Warehouse Group 15yrs retail sales.great at microphonre sales,also do volunteer consumer Rep for The Fono mental mix group. do alot of public speaking in suicide prevention ,it will be a great opportunity to work as a team .
4.2