The Warehouse Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand225 reviews
It was a nightfill position, so the hours were to be expected. I personally didn't manage to adjust my sleep schedule too well, but I don't think that affected my performance.
Typically in this role, I worked the pallets, but you work depending on what they decide for you and then you help out the other areas. You may get called upon to do another thing.

I think the hardest thing was that some of the summer pallets ended up being pretty heavy from things such as the large umbrella stands.

I enjoyed working there immensely and regretfully declined the position to stay on as casual since I was moving to Hamilton and was unsure of how often I would be back in town. Turns out maybe 2 days a year.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Applied for checkouts worked in cash handling, eftpos, manual transactions laybys, and customer service also packaging for orders, promoted to clothing department where I was responsible for stocking racks, general tidying of our department, stock taking, scanning, pricing, rain-checks, Customer service, team player, heavy lifting, security aswell. Lernt all retail transferable skills.
Pros
dress ups, free lunches, Christmas dinners, and gifts for staff, staff discounts
The Warehouse was a great place to work.Had a great team culture and very supportive peers and management.
The work life balance provided by the organisation is second to none and every team member is treated with respect.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
It was a great experience even thou the job was a liitle challenging but I didn't care because I like challenging my-self plus I didn't have any experience before since it is my first job ever but I do learn much.
Pros
free parking
Cons
what I've learnt through out the experience of working was getting to build my confidence and to get more experience from what I've been working hard for.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Very demanding job but rewarding.Team members very friendly great to work with. Management sometimes are not on the same page so there's a bit of confusion , But overall loved working there
Pros
team member discount
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting, pallets stacked very high
it was fun to work there even i only work there for work experience
it was fun and i learn a lot customer service

At the Warehouse, I stacked and refilled shelves. Developed merchandising skills and performed customer service duties

Very interested in weightlifting for recreation and developing team work. At weightlifting we help and motivate each other through exercise
suffer from mental illness ,it dose not rule my life worked for The Warehouse Group 15yrs retail sales.great at microphonre sales,also do volunteer consumer Rep for The Fono mental mix group. do alot of public speaking in suicide prevention ,it will be a great opportunity to work as a team .
When I worked at the Warehouse its not a real Job. Its a work experience to do with my NCEA credits for school. And I really enjoyed myself working there ☺
great staff, good experience would do it again.
work with lots of different groups of people as people do it to fundraiser for sports teams and others.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
late nights work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Warehouse Group?
I very much enjoyed the company of the crew members at The Warehouse Botany, they made work feel effortless sometimes. The people I surround myself in work environments always determines the work ethic and attitude I pursue upon my overall performance
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Short breaks
i want to know everyone i the workplace. I can learn more experience in the workplace. The part of the job is doing a rubbish and trolley, and the easy job is doing garden and clothing.
The Warehouse was an amazing places to work at, I had a lot of fun working in different areas with different supper vices. I even got the chance to work in a team and also individual to get the feel of working interdependently on my own. I learned a lot about how a big store like The Warehouse operate and how things are done in different areas of the store.
the best part about the job for me was probably helping people find things in the store because i got to interact with customers that have different emotions and this taught me that everyone is different no matter where your working and some people have better days than others.
Even though it was for only 2 nights, doing stock take at the Warehouse was pretty awesome. Gaining new experiences that could possibly help in other kinds of jobs later on in life and get to meet new people and just extend your knowledge in working areas
I would come in after school, that was across the road, and sweep out their warehouse from all the wood shavings and dust that had accumulated over the corse of the day. I was also clean the kitchens and the bathrooms as well as clean the reception area.
Working at the Warehouse was a good experience. On a day to day basis we would move stock from the stock room, restock shelves and rearrange displays. The people I worked with made the work enjoyable and management was always approachable and flexible.
Only work occasionally for them. but they seemed good. Management was great, managed all issues that came up in timely and efficient manner. They do hire some questionable staff, so you may be working with people who are quite challenging.
The warehouse northlands is such a amazing place to work for. Everyone that works there is just so so nice. A++++ place to work very recommend! Manage also is very professional and also so friendly and easy to tell them things
Pros
awesome people, perks of working there, overall 100% best place to work
Very busy which was good, but one of the mantra's the warehouse say is people first, I think that the have forgotten their staff a bit.
change is expected in company's but the last restructure was not handled well,
I learned really great skills working here. Customer service, Handling of cash and lay buying. I loved this job as it is focused on the job area i enjoy doing.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nil
4.2