The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Amazing work place
Retail (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland11 August 2017
I learned really great skills working here. Customer service, Handling of cash and lay buying. I loved this job as it is focused on the job area i enjoy doing.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nil
Fast paced and entertaining workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland8 August 2017
One of the greatest things about working with The Warehouse is that you never have the same day twice. There's always so much to do, which keeps the days interesting and time flies by so fast. I learnt so much during my time there, including how to operate checkouts, how to handle customers of different backgrounds and moods, learnt about products in the entertainment department and electronics, as well as learning how to deal with customer queries on a direct level through working in the customer service department. The management was really hard working and focussed, making sure deadlines were consistently met, and if not- what could be improved to make sure the next deadline was not only met, but exceeded. The hardest part of the job was when customers were after a specific item and you're not able to provide that item for them right away, because you see how upset they could get sometimes but the best part of the job was seeing their smiling faces when they got what they walked in to get and giving them a friendly farewell, knowing very well that you'll see them back in store again in the near future.
Pros
The company looks after the staff very well.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours could get a bit tiring and exhausting, especially with the constant heavy lifting.
Fundraiser for Kapahaka
Stock take (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury8 August 2017
This was another awesome way to gain some more skills for the workforce. My kapahaka group at the time were very fortunate to do stock take, not only did we get money for our group, we got to do it as group
fun work place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago27 July 2017
had alot of fun working here the team was great to work with and the customers were overall very nice to deal with it is a very friendly environment to work in and it feels like you part of a family that all look out for each other and have fun together
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
the odd difficult customer
organised
very good work place, good management good people fair honest. great pay rate, good experience. flexible hours, part full time. you get the opportunity to advance up the ladder
Pros
good pay
Cons
stroppy customers
Awesome Job
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt Roskill12 July 2017
Awesome environment good place to work, have a bubbly environment and easy people to get a long with most managers are hardworking. real flexible with employee development.
Pros
Awesome Team
What I learned
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New zealand3 July 2017
I learned how to communicate , help and also do things with other team members . Also learned how to talk to costumers . Being helpful is always the key to help other.
Cons
No long hours
Fun workplace
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 June 2017
recommend this to other people trying to find a job that you can start with, coming from high school i wanted to make money in a safe and fun environment and i was recommended this job from my family members who have worked here before.
Pros
Family enviroment
Great Job
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland23 June 2017
A fantastic job with great staff who help you pick up the skills quickly. They are very helpful and friendly people. The environment is safe and comfortable.
Pros
music is played
Cons
heavy lifting
the warehouse red sheds
national store development manager (Former Employee) –  The Warehouse Way Northcote19 June 2017
a progressive company that deals in generally non food products, and has a number of various roles within its umbrella of roles in merchandise, operations and other support departments.

I worked in store development for 18 years doing projects and development across a number of fronts for the company and was at the forefront of their progression through the years including their foray into Australia, and using new formats including jewellery, food, liquor and pharmacy.
I enjoyed my time with the warehouse immensely over my time spent there.
Pros
people first policies and group discounts
Cons
continually making the same mistakes
a large non food retailer with strong culture and people first values
Operations Manager BBD Insight Traders (Former Employee) –  Rothwell Ave, Albany19 June 2017
a large retailer who looks after their people and creates an atmosphere of can do attitudes.
the development over the years has been phenomenal and varied and being at the forefront of the advancement has meant that I have seen the change of the face of the warehouse in some very exciting times.
The Warehouse has been at the forefront of people first policies for a long time, and looks after their people very well.
Pros
people first policies and procedures. The group discounts
Cons
continual restructures due to developing retail business.
The Warehosue as a checkout operator
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Porirua City, Wellington14 June 2017
This is a fantastic job, friendly culture, and great benefits.

Its just a great place to work, staff are supportive when they need to be, and work well as a team.
Pros
Team card discounts
Cons
Night shift can be long.
Work experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Clendon Park, Auckland12 June 2017
Was on a 2 week work experience for school when i was younger. Didnt like the work experience at the warehouse but was an eye opener. Good people thou
good people to work with
Warehouse Assistant (Casual Worker) (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland7 June 2017
first day was hard getting to know everyone I learn how to work as a team. the management was easy to get along with and the people were friendly the hardest part of the job was learning how to multi task the most enjoyable part of the job was everyday was a challenge.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Different Shifts and Hours
great
Shelving and store person (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington6 June 2017
good management great work experience a bit of improvement in the management section other than that overall it was a great company and very good environment
great place to work for summer holidays!
great place, people, hours, atmosphere for what i was wanting at the time :) Awesome yearly stock take opportunities for extra $$ over a weekend. always a great time doing this
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kaikohe, Northland22 May 2017
A typical day at work was enjoyable as it was my first proper job, learning new skills and being surrounded by people who also wanted to learn was also easier for me to get along with them.
cooperative team member
Done night filling with experience of heavy lifting by keeping health and safety in mind.Answer their queries about the products or the store in general
productive and fun work place
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland15 May 2017
Everyone in the work place is supportive and helpful with the task of day to day needs. I found that working at The Warehouse Invercargill very rewarding as i gained the experience i needed to further my job search.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
physical
Small staff in a big company
Accounts Payable officer (Former Employee) –  The Warehouse Way, Northcote7 May 2017
In a bigger organization one person only look after bundle of suppliers and for years. It's hardly to change to any other roles.
People are friendly.