The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

a large non food retailer with strong culture and people first values
Operations Manager BBD Insight Traders (Former Employee) –  Rothwell Ave, Albany19 June 2017
a large retailer who looks after their people and creates an atmosphere of can do attitudes.
the development over the years has been phenomenal and varied and being at the forefront of the advancement has meant that I have seen the change of the face of the warehouse in some very exciting times.
The Warehouse has been at the forefront of people first policies for a long time, and looks after their people very well.
Pros
people first policies and procedures. The group discounts
Cons
continual restructures due to developing retail business.
The Warehosue as a checkout operator
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Porirua City, Wellington14 June 2017
This is a fantastic job, friendly culture, and great benefits.

Its just a great place to work, staff are supportive when they need to be, and work well as a team.
Pros
Team card discounts
Cons
Night shift can be long.
Work experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Clendon Park, Auckland12 June 2017
Was on a 2 week work experience for school when i was younger. Didnt like the work experience at the warehouse but was an eye opener. Good people thou
good people to work with
Warehouse Assistant (Casual Worker) (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland7 June 2017
first day was hard getting to know everyone I learn how to work as a team. the management was easy to get along with and the people were friendly the hardest part of the job was learning how to multi task the most enjoyable part of the job was everyday was a challenge.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Different Shifts and Hours
great
Shelving and store person (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington6 June 2017
good management great work experience a bit of improvement in the management section other than that overall it was a great company and very good environment
great place to work for summer holidays!
merchandising and helping customers on shop floor (Former Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury24 May 2017
great place, people, hours, atmosphere for what i was wanting at the time :) Awesome yearly stock take opportunities for extra $$ over a weekend. always a great time doing this
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kaikohe, Northland22 May 2017
A typical day at work was enjoyable as it was my first proper job, learning new skills and being surrounded by people who also wanted to learn was also easier for me to get along with them.
cooperative team member
Customer Service/Night Fill Team Member (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury20 May 2017
Done night filling with experience of heavy lifting by keeping health and safety in mind.Answer their queries about the products or the store in general
productive and fun work place
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland15 May 2017
Everyone in the work place is supportive and helpful with the task of day to day needs. I found that working at The Warehouse Invercargill very rewarding as i gained the experience i needed to further my job search.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
physical
Small staff in a big company
Accounts Payable officer (Former Employee) –  The Warehouse Way, Northcote7 May 2017
In a bigger organization one person only look after bundle of suppliers and for years. It's hardly to change to any other roles.
People are friendly.
great team
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland27 April 2017
great people to work with, I have learnt a lot from other work mates to improved myself and I have also do my best to help others to learn better and by giving good advice to do with the work place.
Health and safety is always important at our work place.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Zealand11 April 2017
Working here taught me so much, how to work as part of an efficient team and individually, working with customers both happy and not so happy, the little things that make work that much easier.

Even though you go to work to work, working here definitely was like working with family, and that's how it was here.

I loved working for this company from the customers to the co-workers it was always a good time.
Fun working Environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland10 April 2017
Demonstrating customer service and following sales procedures Communicating effectively and listening to their needs and wants Recommending and suggesting products to customers Completing bank runs- depositing large quantities of cash Presenting merchandise and organise stock
Warehouse
Retail Sales Assistant, customer care (Current Employee) –  Motueka, Tasman10 April 2017
I've work here for many years,
I hav one day a week premium day for 4 years And they just used me when ever they needed for more hours.
They do this to alot of ppl. I'm sure other warehouses are better 😊 this place has changed mangers so much it will make ur head spin.
Pros
You get a 12.5 discount
Great place
Service Desk and Returns (Former Employee) –  Whakatane, Bay of Plenty6 April 2017
Again loved the job here. Always tried to meet the customers needs everytime to the best of my ability. I loved when a customer would walk away happy with the service provided.
Close to my dream job
Checkout Supervisor and Floor Team (Former Employee) –  Papamoa, Bay of Plenty6 April 2017
Loved every minute of this job, great people, diverse cultures and just awesome to work in that position. The most difficult part was getting the really hard to understand customers because of a language barrier ,but tried to meet their needs as best as possible.
Employee friendly and Supporting staff
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Auckland4 April 2017
I enjoy working in the Warehouse Limited as the work culture is very friendly and supportive here. other than that the perks and the benefits given are the best in the industry.
Pros
Birthday Leaves
Cons
Does not support work visa for International students
Very fun working environment
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington2 April 2017
The Staff are amazing, and the management always made time to hear our concerns. The pay was awesome and the environment always felt safe. The best part of the job were the competitions between checkout operators to get donations for charities
Customer Focus
Online and Shopfloor team member (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty30 March 2017
Applying a lot of energy to satisfy a customers needs, teams needs and management needs. I am always satisfied when the customer leaves with a smile..
it was good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New Zealand30 March 2017
it was good, not much to say. all night work. some parts very dirty but in the end very good pay. some staff members were very nice and some need to work on their customer service

4.2