The Warehouse Group Employee Reviews

Employee friendly and Supporting staff
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Auckland4 April 2017
I enjoy working in the Warehouse Limited as the work culture is very friendly and supportive here. other than that the perks and the benefits given are the best in the industry.
Pros
Birthday Leaves
Cons
Does not support work visa for International students
Very fun working environment
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington2 April 2017
The Staff are amazing, and the management always made time to hear our concerns. The pay was awesome and the environment always felt safe. The best part of the job were the competitions between checkout operators to get donations for charities
Customer Focus
Online and Shopfloor team member (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty30 March 2017
Applying a lot of energy to satisfy a customers needs, teams needs and management needs. I am always satisfied when the customer leaves with a smile..
it was good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New Zealand30 March 2017
it was good, not much to say. all night work. some parts very dirty but in the end very good pay. some staff members were very nice and some need to work on their customer service
Great support and team
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northcote, Auckland30 March 2017
There is great management support and team work here. The hours were flexible.

What I enjoyed the most was that no two days were the same, there was continuous change and challenges
Rsis
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Petone, Wellington24 March 2017
The work enviroment is like any places you do what any other team member do. It could be sales or stocktake ,the moshhardest thing on the job would be making sure the customer is satisfied . The most enjoyable part of the job would bmaking people happy
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Productive & enjoyable workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wainuiomata, Wellington26 February 2017
I enjoyed my experience working at The Warehouse, Wainuiomata . I would've liked to continue working there part time but there were no jobs available to me.
Productive workplace
The Warehouse, West City (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland22 February 2017
I recommend working at The Warehouse WestCity is amazing. Once your apart of the crew there like family. They work together as a team to meet targets and also solve all customers enquires.
Fun and Friendly
pick packers (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland15 February 2017
This company you will find very friendly people especially the managers and supervisors, they all happy to get along with the employees and encourage them to do their job well anytime...Also you will find fun and enjoy anytime you walk in and out of the building
Pros
free luches
Cons
Productive work place for anyone who works there, hard to dislike.
Shop floor retail assistant (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki13 January 2017
A day at The Warehouse is never the same at yesterday, it's always different, being given different tasks within different locations through out the store every day.
Whilst working there for a month, I learned so much about retail. From talking to customers, to sales and the displaying of the items for the guaranteed sales.
Co-workers there were really fun to work with at times, good banter and what not, always fun to be around.
The hardest part of the job is walking in the front door worried about what will come your way within the next few minutes, but after knowing what you are doing, it's really easy.
I really loved the whole job, I enjoy physical work in which case there was a lot of it there, helping customers with items to their cars, to moving furniture from one side of the store to the other.
Pros
A lot of physical work, long hours, friendly team members who are helpful when you are struggling to do a set task
Cons
Lack of permanent work after my contract finished, summer heat
Productive, Fun and Great Opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton10 January 2017
Being my first ever job I enjoyed every moment of my time at The Hillcrest Warehouse. I started off working on the checkouts, then I excelled on to music bar and also Jewellery counter. At each of these stations i had to learn new things and I enjoyed the dfferent challenges that I had to face on a day to day basis. I was working full time in a matter of months so there are great up skilling opportunities within. The staff and management are really halpful and friendly.
the warehouse review
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury27 December 2016
In 2012 I went to the warehouse for a R.S.I.S (red shirts in schools)
course and i passed and it lead onto a job there as checkout and clothing assistant.
I also worked on store floor and got to work with products and customers around the shop.
I worked there for about 8 months before working at velvet burger.
Customer Service
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland15 December 2016
I have voluntary work experience at Warehouse in Henderson branch as part of the Gateway programme at Kelston Girls’ College. I have competed Level 2 and 3 Customer service award.It was an amazing opportunity for me to work in a customer service because I got to meet lots of Customer as well as i learned how to work in a Customer service environment.
hard working
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay8 December 2016
a typical day is working really hard to make ends meat.
co-workers are good to talk to there are a lot of foreign people from around the world so you meet a lot of different people and hear about a lot experiences that thy have had.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Fast paced and room for growth
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland5 December 2016
A fast paced workplace, The Warehouse provides a lot of online training to support their employees. There's endless tasks that always need doing and always a customer that needs help. I learnt a lot about customer service, this is something The Warehouse focuses strongly on. The co-workers are amazing and management are always seeking new ways to aid their employees. Around particularly busy times, you are required to put up with a lot of stress and pressure, it is a similar environment to hospitality. Retail has a lot of room for growth and I certainly learnt a lot at The Warehouse.
Pros
Great pay rates
Cons
Stressful and pressured environment at times
Fun workplace
Worker (Current Employee) –  Manurewa, Auckland5 December 2016
By working at the Warehouse helps me to gain more skills and more knowledge about what our targets is and getting to know others. At the Warehouse is a workplace where we get to meet different cultures and building relationship with them.
Pros
Free break
Cons
Yes we do long hours sometimes
The warehouse
School equipment
Bikes
Baby products
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland26 November 2016
I just like the work environment at the warehouse because I am gaining skills which are beneficial for future purposes and it will help alot if I gain more.
productive working place
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland22 November 2016
hard working people which made me work harder
meet new people and also made new goals and
learning the way things worked. learning computer skill work
and programing for dc work.
Typical day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 November 2016
What I Learnt:
- Customers satisfaction is the key to achieving cooperate goals.
- Always stay positive.

Management:
- Management was great.

Co-workers:
- My co-workers are the best. Always keen to lend a helping hand when needed.

Hardest Part of the job:
- Dealing with unsatisfied customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Interacting with people from all types of different backgrounds.
Cons
short breaks

4.2