THE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

Was a good experience
Casual/Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland14 August 2019
The warehouse was a good place to start my journey into the workforce. It has taught me alot with engaging with customers from different backgrounds and also collegues. It taught me little tips and tricks when it came to advertising products and I also got to learn the shop floor inside out.
Pros
Meeting alot of new people
Educational
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mt. Roskill, Auckland5 August 2019
I've Learnt alot from working with teams then also working by myself. Great Interactions with customers. Great staff. Easy hours. Cutural Friendly.
Gender friendly
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Travel
busy workplace with a fun and good team
Retail Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland30 July 2019
i enjoyed working at the warehouse with the dynamic and energetic team. everyday i learned something new. the part i enjoyed the most was helping customers and having conversations with them.
Fun workplace
Gateway Programme - team member (Former Employee) –  Airport Oaks, Auckland25 July 2019
Warehouse is a fun place to work. I learnt how to handle customers in a responsible and calm way. I love working with customers. Time management in Warehouse is very crucial which taught me how to work on my own time management.
Fun and warming cultural environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clendon Park, Auckland9 July 2019
The staff were amazing. Open minded and welcoming. Easy to understand and understanding. The workload was not stressful or hard as the staff made it easy to bare. I learnt customer service tips and stocking.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
fun environment to be in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland26 June 2019
while working here i did not get paid as this was from school and was for gaining experience only so overall was great fun and great experience!
everyone is very friendly
Pros
gained experience
Cons
not paid
as a teenager
Manurewa checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Manurewa, Auckland28 May 2019
worked at the warehouse for a short time this was very first time gaining employment. I was still at high school whilst working here. I worked as a checkout operator and also maintaining the stores tidiness. my experience here was a great eye opener to the work force as a young adult.
Pros
lunches were cheap
Cons
my supervisor was a bully
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland22 May 2019
Decent hours and good pay. Friendly employees too but sometimes not quite helpful but luckily im a quick learner. Downside was having to deal with difficult customers on my own.
Positive experience.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington20 May 2019
I had a positive experience working on the Red Shirts in Community programme. I learned the following skills: customer service, price changing/checking, refilling stock. I enjoyed working with the store managers and supervisors in a friendly environment. The hardest part was being on my feet but I got used to it. The most enjoyable part was working with the rest of the team.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
A caring environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 May 2019
The company were good to the staff.

I ended up with a lot of paperwork & got frustrated as staff were downsized, the workload on everyone else increased, I got to a point i was worried I would be stopped by a customer who needed help, which meant I would then not get my paperwork completed.
Pros
Good company in times of personal trouble
Cons
The management style in some stores
Fun work place
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taupo, Waikato25 April 2019
We would start the night off clean up the store making sure its customer ready in the morning then we would work the load we have received for the night making sure the store is ready for trade in the morning.
Pros
Good team Members
was cool
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato19 April 2019
I wasn't there long enough to write a detailed review, the people are nice, the customers can be difficult but the staff handle it really well. I enjoyed my ten week course there.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
busy
fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty13 April 2019
Great work environment, nice and helpful co-workers,
i learnt a lot about retail and how to communicate with angry or aggressive customers. fun workplace
Not a Enjoyable Workplace
Stocktake (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 March 2019
A typical day at work would include scanning stock individually with an iPod. I did not learn much from this position. I did not like the management team as they were not positive and it seemed like they were just dragging themselves along with the work. The hardest part of the job was putting up with the management team and their negative attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing and meeting new people.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Management Team
productive and fun work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 March 2019
When you first start working you already feel like you're apart of the team. I have learned retail, customer serious. The management team a really nice and helped me out a lot. Everyone that works there appreciates people of all cultures. The hardest part of my Job was just lifting heavy things off the top of the shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people.
My Summary
SUPERVISOR CHECKOUTS (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Tasman21 March 2019
I was always learning at work ,which I love.Interacting with customers was a favorite and also I really love upselling products.Hardest part was probably keeping staff members time management skills up to date .But managed that really well .
Pros
Great Company and workplace
Cons
not enough staff
Variety of work situations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Te Awamutu, Waikato1 March 2019
Busy every day doing tasks well experienced in made job enjoyable and getting the chance to learn other areas with in the store. Been left to get on with a job to the benefit fellow members
Pros
birthday day off
Cons
inconsiderate people sometimes
Positive energy
Assist in distributing of warehouse products (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport6 February 2019
Workplace culture was good, enjoyed working with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Also enjoyed the different challenges that came everyday
Fun and family oriented company
NIGHT FILL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Greymouth3 February 2019
Very friendly place to work great range of products, always going out of there way to help people, great policy's and opportunities for staff and customers.
Good team work and good management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui5 January 2019
The time I spent working at the warehouse I was in High School and management was very good at giving me work that revolved around my study and school/sporting lifestyle. Reviews of staff were done regularly and pay rises were given when deserved. If you showed interest in advancement in the workplace, help was given and you were trained well for the position.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Can get very boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE WAREHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.