THE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

Variety of work situations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Te Awamutu, Waikato1 March 2019
Busy every day doing tasks well experienced in made job enjoyable and getting the chance to learn other areas with in the store. Been left to get on with a job to the benefit fellow members
Pros
birthday day off
Cons
inconsiderate people sometimes
Fun and family oriented company
NIGHT FILL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Greymouth3 February 2019
Very friendly place to work great range of products, always going out of there way to help people, great policy's and opportunities for staff and customers.
Good team work and good management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui5 January 2019
The time I spent working at the warehouse I was in High School and management was very good at giving me work that revolved around my study and school/sporting lifestyle. Reviews of staff were done regularly and pay rises were given when deserved. If you showed interest in advancement in the workplace, help was given and you were trained well for the position.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Can get very boring
working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay5 January 2019
loved being a part of a country wide company the people and the charities that they supported.
working with the colleges of the Hastings warehouse was comfortable friendly and organized.
Enjoyed colleagues and customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 December 2018
While I enjoyed my time at the warehouse it became more stressful and there was more work and less staff, pay rate was good only because of the length ofi was employed there.

Thoroughly enjoyed working with the team and definately interacting with customers
Pros
Staff discount, long service rewards
Cons
Lack of staff, changes of job descriptions
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago12 December 2018
I absolutely loved this workplace.
They have amazing and kind staff
Good customer service
They treat you as an equal no matter your age
They have every thing sorted and ready to go when yu get there.
Pros
Kind people
Boring and lifeless workplace
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Papamoa, Bay of Plenty6 December 2018
everyone who worked there either didn't want to work there or had just given up. a typical day was clocking in, standing in the same spot for hours and then clocking out and leaving as soon as you possibly can.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
People's talents are not recognised. You're just a number.
Stockroom - the only one there (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago6 December 2018
Very talented and organised people are treated as just another number. If you resign as you should when you recognise the indifferent work ethics of management their attitude is " there's plenty more out there that will work for minimum wage". And don't worry if you don't speak English - near enough is good enough!!! Pity they don't realise Kiwis have stopped shopping there because they can't understand the staff.
Pros
Every day is a busy day. Completing your work load for the day brings a lot of satisfaction
Cons
Pointless friggin' meetings
Great work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Thames, Waikato28 November 2018
I learnt how to interact and deal with customers that were unhappy with products in the store. The most enjoyable part of work experience for me was working alongside people I knew and was able to lean on the staff that were employed for guidance. The people were very open and enthusiastic which made being there a good experience.
always getting the job done, fun working place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay18 November 2018
A typical day at work would be going round fixing shelves, stocking them and asking others what needs to be done. i learned how to work in a team. culture was welcoming and fun, not too serious but enough to get to work.
Pros
lunch across the road
fun place to work
checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Masterton, Wellington8 November 2018
The people are absolutely lovely to work with. Such a nice team environment they have going. The days are always full on as there are constantly people everywhere.
Stockrooom
Stockroom team leader (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui4 November 2018
I start at 6.30 and clean and get things ready for the trucks and vans. Then just unload trucks and make stock off put it in the computer. Do the paper work and get things ready to go and everything in between.
Pros
Have your birthday paid off
Cons
Its lots of heavy lifting.
Fun work place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland22 October 2018
Working at The Warehouse, was fun and productive. they really know how to make team members/customers feel welcome. I think the hardest part of my job was being under staffed. The most enjoyable moment was getting to know so many different people and their experiences.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Being under staffed.
happy place
The warehouse (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland16 October 2018
i have learnt alot while working through out my life i have achieved some of my goals. but there is some days where i had a bit of a rough patch while working and everyone goes through it. But for me this place was like home.
Pros
shared lunch
Cons
over time
fun environment,
Checkout Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty16 October 2018
i enjoy working with warehouse as team of the warehouse is very nice. it is one of the biggest company and provide safe environment for employees. i love way of customer handling in this organisation.
Pros
time management
Cons
casual hours
Checkout Operator/ Online Shopper (Former Employee) –  Christchurch New Zealand30 September 2018
Everyone in the staff all got along with each other. It was a very "team" based workplace and made sure everyone was safe and happy. The hardest part about working at "The Warehouse" was having to listen to the same songs every single day. I enjoyed working with the customers and making sure I could give them the best experience of "the Warehouse" I could give them.
Pros
Gave lots of shifts over the Christmas holidays
Cons
My contract ended
Productive, fun,safe workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Takanini, Auckland28 August 2018
Doing work experience for the warehouse was a whole new experience for me. Learning new skills and experiencing what customer service was like is a fun an exciting experience.Learning how to pick up calls from customers and other team member's was the most thing i was afraid of. I overcame this by giving it a go. I found this interesting and exciting to do. Out of all I found this whole experience enjoyable.
faily fun
Customer Service Assistant, Stock Taking (Former Employee) –  Rangiora, Canterbury30 July 2018
It was a very gGood working enviroment, nice people. Tasks were not explained as well as they could of been in certian situations. I learned alot of custemer service skills.
Pros
good casual system
Cons
Tasks not explained welll
General.
Night fill team member (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington24 July 2018
Eveynight at work started off with a meeting then into our same routine. I learned a lot at the warehouse from customer service to team work and a lot of general maintaining within the store. What I enjoyed most about my job was learning new thing and interacting with different customers everyday and making new friends within my team.
The Warehouse
Nightfill (Former Employee) –  Blenheim Road11 July 2018
Busy, big, efficient store with a lot of incoming goods constantly arriving during the night. Much needed to be put into shelves for the functioning of the store next day.
Pros
You get to see the newest stock
Cons
Impersonal working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE WAREHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.