THE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

Positive experience.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington20 May 2019
I had a positive experience working on the Red Shirts in Community programme. I learned the following skills: customer service, price changing/checking, refilling stock. I enjoyed working with the store managers and supervisors in a friendly environment. The hardest part was being on my feet but I got used to it. The most enjoyable part was working with the rest of the team.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
A caring environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 May 2019
The company were good to the staff.

I ended up with a lot of paperwork & got frustrated as staff were downsized, the workload on everyone else increased, I got to a point i was worried I would be stopped by a customer who needed help, which meant I would then not get my paperwork completed.
Pros
Good company in times of personal trouble
Cons
The management style in some stores
Fun work place
Nightfill Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taupo, Waikato25 April 2019
We would start the night off clean up the store making sure its customer ready in the morning then we would work the load we have received for the night making sure the store is ready for trade in the morning.
Pros
Good team Members
was cool
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato19 April 2019
I wasn't there long enough to write a detailed review, the people are nice, the customers can be difficult but the staff handle it really well. I enjoyed my ten week course there.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
busy
fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty13 April 2019
Great work environment, nice and helpful co-workers,
i learnt a lot about retail and how to communicate with angry or aggressive customers. fun workplace
Not a Enjoyable Workplace
Stocktake (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 March 2019
A typical day at work would include scanning stock individually with an iPod. I did not learn much from this position. I did not like the management team as they were not positive and it seemed like they were just dragging themselves along with the work. The hardest part of the job was putting up with the management team and their negative attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing and meeting new people.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Management Team
productive and fun work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 March 2019
When you first start working you already feel like you're apart of the team. I have learned retail, customer serious. The management team a really nice and helped me out a lot. Everyone that works there appreciates people of all cultures. The hardest part of my Job was just lifting heavy things off the top of the shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people.
My Summary
SUPERVISOR CHECKOUTS (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Tasman21 March 2019
I was always learning at work ,which I love.Interacting with customers was a favorite and also I really love upselling products.Hardest part was probably keeping staff members time management skills up to date .But managed that really well .
Pros
Great Company and workplace
Cons
not enough staff
Variety of work situations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Te Awamutu, Waikato1 March 2019
Busy every day doing tasks well experienced in made job enjoyable and getting the chance to learn other areas with in the store. Been left to get on with a job to the benefit fellow members
Pros
birthday day off
Cons
inconsiderate people sometimes
Positive energy
Assist in distributing of warehouse products (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport6 February 2019
Workplace culture was good, enjoyed working with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Also enjoyed the different challenges that came everyday
Fun and family oriented company
NIGHT FILL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Greymouth3 February 2019
Very friendly place to work great range of products, always going out of there way to help people, great policy's and opportunities for staff and customers.
Good team work and good management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui5 January 2019
The time I spent working at the warehouse I was in High School and management was very good at giving me work that revolved around my study and school/sporting lifestyle. Reviews of staff were done regularly and pay rises were given when deserved. If you showed interest in advancement in the workplace, help was given and you were trained well for the position.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Can get very boring
working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay5 January 2019
loved being a part of a country wide company the people and the charities that they supported.
working with the colleges of the Hastings warehouse was comfortable friendly and organized.
Enjoyed colleagues and customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 December 2018
While I enjoyed my time at the warehouse it became more stressful and there was more work and less staff, pay rate was good only because of the length ofi was employed there.

Thoroughly enjoyed working with the team and definately interacting with customers
Pros
Staff discount, long service rewards
Cons
Lack of staff, changes of job descriptions
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago12 December 2018
I absolutely loved this workplace.
They have amazing and kind staff
Good customer service
They treat you as an equal no matter your age
They have every thing sorted and ready to go when yu get there.
Pros
Kind people
Boring and lifeless workplace
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Papamoa, Bay of Plenty6 December 2018
everyone who worked there either didn't want to work there or had just given up. a typical day was clocking in, standing in the same spot for hours and then clocking out and leaving as soon as you possibly can.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
People's talents are not recognised. You're just a number.
Stockroom - the only one there (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago6 December 2018
Very talented and organised people are treated as just another number. If you resign as you should when you recognise the indifferent work ethics of management their attitude is " there's plenty more out there that will work for minimum wage". And don't worry if you don't speak English - near enough is good enough!!! Pity they don't realise Kiwis have stopped shopping there because they can't understand the staff.
Pros
Every day is a busy day. Completing your work load for the day brings a lot of satisfaction
Cons
Pointless friggin' meetings
Great work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Thames, Waikato28 November 2018
I learnt how to interact and deal with customers that were unhappy with products in the store. The most enjoyable part of work experience for me was working alongside people I knew and was able to lean on the staff that were employed for guidance. The people were very open and enthusiastic which made being there a good experience.
always getting the job done, fun working place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay18 November 2018
A typical day at work would be going round fixing shelves, stocking them and asking others what needs to be done. i learned how to work in a team. culture was welcoming and fun, not too serious but enough to get to work.
Pros
lunch across the road
fun place to work
checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Masterton, Wellington8 November 2018
The people are absolutely lovely to work with. Such a nice team environment they have going. The days are always full on as there are constantly people everywhere.