THE WAREHOUSE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

THE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

New Zealand311 reviews
Family orientated where it is really comfortable and affordable as well, with a great feeling and positive experience for those who are new to the job. And very welcoming staff
Cons
The warehouse is a great place to for anyone young that would like to gain customer service skills.Great oppurtunities to work the way up to leadership roles that can take you to other career paths. Great for uni students to gain more knowedge.
I don't mind working in the warehouse they have a lot of categories to work around so you will never get bored. The hardest part about working at the warehouse would have to be the stock room. I really enjoyed the front of the house service. I would definitely work there again.
It was fun working at The Warehouse, I learned on how to talk more with people and build a very good relationship with many different people. The hardest would be getting backaches lifting heavy things but it was very good experience. I think the most part that I enjoyed was making new friends with different people.
I enjoyed working at the warehouse apart of work experience because the staff members were supportive and dedicated to their works. The hardest part was standing for long hours but it was enjoyable working alongside good company and seeing the results of the work you've done pay off.
Pros
Generous employees that provide great support for newcomers and tasks aren't necessarily hard.
Cons
Non-stop standing and walking and sometimes it does get tiring.
I have moved from Gusbirbe to Christchurch since February the 1st 2020 and now I would like to work for the warehouse again.please give a call .thanks

Kita
It gave me a feel of what full time work is like, 5 days a week 8:30am to 5:30pm. I moved stock, checked best by dates in the food area, restocked drinks in the fridges and sorted clothes for stock take. overall it was interesting to see behind the scenes and how the store is run.
have a positive and productive work culture in the workplace. Besides, the management appreciates the flexibility of work, time and designation. I'm satisfied with my present work but have to move forward in my profession and want to explore other fields in retail.
it was alright i helped people with stuff they needed and stocked stuff and sorted out clothes a lot. it was boring sometimes when i sorted out clothes
i enjoyed going to work, the staff were very welcoming when i started and i was able to feel comfortable and safe. Everyone was friendly and cheerful. Our managers were great too. A typical day at work usually starts quiet, then as the day goes on it gets busy. Ill either be on checkouts most of the day and sometimes id go off and do returns. Most enoyable part of the job would probaly have to be the staff and also helping customers in need.
Working at the Warehouse was an awesome experience.
Attitude was on point.

Vibe with everyone was really cool.

Work load was done fairly.

I would work there again, whole environment was spot on our team all played their.. Would love to work at the warehouse again..
Non-stressful environment with excellent colleagues, and management staff. Simple work with deserving pay and good benefits. Must be someone who doesn't mind the late finishes.
Overall I really enjoyed working for the warehouse jewelry, the down side was not having support when needed when busy, in quiet times definitely needed something else to do. With the right people the department could be so much more.
They are bullies they the managers are bullies the indian ones.the company don't show much what you have to do you have to learn the system and ask for help from fellow workers, the culture is they all can gang up on you and bully you.the hardest part is begging for a full time job every opportunity was available i applied and got rejected,
The warehouse is a fun place to work. The staff on the shop floor are great to work with even though management had favourites . They have a great social club and tried to get the three shifts together when doing things . There were three shifts days/nights and backshift . The first to are shop floor as we are open till midnight The last on was a fill team which was a very fast paced job as there was a lot of stock to put out as sometimes we would get 100 pallets of stock in a day. I have worked on all these shifts and found the staff great to work with even though at times we were very busy and under staffed. The warehouse is a store that sells everything from manchester/sporting/furniture/houseware/clothing/toys so is similar to kmart Some of my roles were team member/team leader and duty manager and enjoyed all these rolls even though they could be stressfull at times and the hours of work took a lot out of you especally the backshift . But i enjoyed my time there and the only reason i left was to come over to australia as my wife wanted to return home.
Pros
A great team to work with
Cons
Always giving more work with less time and staff
- it's not too bad for a first job, working at the checkouts is pretty straightforward once you keep practicing.
- i don't like that the 30 minute unpaid meal break is automatically taken out of your hours- sometimes they'll make me stay an extra half hour but i don't end up being paid for it because it will be counted as an unpaid meal break.

- management is ok however the in-store advertisements NEED TO BE MANAGED PROPERLY!! there have been so many times old sale signs have been left up and customers have gotten angry at the checkout people, which is really annoying.
Pros
learn about retail, talk to people and build confidence
Cons
dealing with rude or stuck up customers, managers sometimes not doing their jobs, no air con in store, no team discount for casuals
Its ok. I worked in a variety of positions. I was called over intercom wherever I was needed on days that I was not rostered on for a specific shift. a
I loved working at the warehouse as a Christmas casual. All of the other workers are so lovely and make you feel welcomed. The culture is very nice. Everything you do is easy to pick up and learn and if you do need help in doing a task, there are always supervisors on hand. There are a few difficult customers sometimes but if they become too hard to handle, I would suggest just calling in a supervisor. Overall loved it here.
Lots of great people to work with, fast-paced environment with lots to do. Management is great and keeps consistent communication with the floor. The hardest part of the job was to cater to multiple departments in one little area (at my location), example, holding their work equipment and maintaining a well organised work space was difficult as the different departments would change everything around on their shifts. night evening and day shifts and 3 departments so a lot of people who dont see each other trying to make the space work for them...
the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the customers and helping them leave our store happy with their purchase.
Co-workers treated you fair but others thought they were more superior.
Work there was easy but stressful when you’ve finished your assignment and there’s nothing more to do.

They don’t seem to know the signs of an anxiety/ panic attack, they just brush it off as being shy/scared to do the job.
I learned many skills needed for retail jobs such as communication skills and checkout skills and it has helped me grow in many different aspects of my life not only for jobs, but also personally.