THE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

Entry Level Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Roskill8 October 2019
The best part of working at the Warehouse is definitely the employees. There is a strong sense of family and hard work. If you have the flexibility, you can learn all aspects of the job and become a very valued team member to the company.
3 week Red Shirts
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Levin, Manawatu-Wanganui26 September 2019
This was only a 3 week program that WINZ set up non paid but it was fun and a good time a really excellent experience overall. I have learned quite alot in the weeks I had worked here.
Productive & FUN
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui18 September 2019
Great place to work although it was placement work i enjoyed the company of the workers they were helpful, respectful and approachable. The job load can be big but if you can time-manage yourself the job isn't hard at all. would 100% recommend if you can get a job here do it.
Good place to work, new work ethics changed alot of team spirit. Not the same great place it used to be to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui2 September 2019
Ok for casual work. Not the same for a full timer nowadays. Much has changed in the company, to keep up with technology and online shopping, causing demand shoppers in store! No loyalty to full timers as there used to be. Alot of casual staff hired. Permanent, knowledgeable staff have been redeployed, made redundant or left!
Pros
Team shout lunches, amazing!
Cons
No full time staff loyalties any more!
The Warehouse is a productive, Outgoing work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petone, Wellington26 August 2019
The Warehouse had taught me about how to have a good time management and how to get along with everyone in your work space. The Warehouse had taught me how to be confident in talking to new people.
The warehouse red shirts
Red shirt (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui26 August 2019
Why I liked doing red shirts because it kept me on my feet and I love being busy and trying new things. Also liked that everyone was so nice and easy to get along with.
Great workplace
Stocktake (Former Employee) –  Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui26 August 2019
Working in a stocktake position at The Warehouse in Feilding, Manawatu, New Zealand was a great experience and I have now gained more skills that I am able to put on my cv now which is great. It was an awesome opportunity that I'm glad to have taken and I've enjoyed my time there.
Fun workplace with amazing people.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato24 August 2019
I loved working here! Was such a great experience and i learnt a lot about how to handle stress from having this job. A typical day at work would mean spending time with workmates as well as making friends.
just another family friendly retail spot
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch23 August 2019
For those who don't know, the Warehouse is basically the Walmart of New Zealand so its not the most exciting place to work at but its still a nice place to work at times
Pros
transfer anywhere in the country
Cons
boring
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland20 August 2019
I had done a course at the warehouse called Red shirts, they helped me gain some work experience and customer service. They also showed me what is was like to work in teams and how important it is to communicate with each other, also how to work in a busy evironment.
Pros
Work experience, customer service and team work.
productive environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland17 August 2019
A typical day at work would be to do as my manager would tell me to do or team leaders. i learned how to do shipping online, my management skills improved, awesome work place culture! deffinately would come back
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
hours
Was a good experience
Casual/Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland14 August 2019
The warehouse was a good place to start my journey into the workforce. It has taught me alot with engaging with customers from different backgrounds and also collegues. It taught me little tips and tricks when it came to advertising products and I also got to learn the shop floor inside out.
Pros
Meeting alot of new people
Educational
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mt. Roskill, Auckland5 August 2019
I've Learnt alot from working with teams then also working by myself. Great Interactions with customers. Great staff. Easy hours. Cutural Friendly.
Gender friendly
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Travel
busy workplace with a fun and good team
Retail Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland30 July 2019
i enjoyed working at the warehouse with the dynamic and energetic team. everyday i learned something new. the part i enjoyed the most was helping customers and having conversations with them.
Fun workplace
Gateway Programme - team member (Former Employee) –  Airport Oaks, Auckland25 July 2019
Warehouse is a fun place to work. I learnt how to handle customers in a responsible and calm way. I love working with customers. Time management in Warehouse is very crucial which taught me how to work on my own time management.
Fun and warming cultural environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clendon Park, Auckland9 July 2019
The staff were amazing. Open minded and welcoming. Easy to understand and understanding. The workload was not stressful or hard as the staff made it easy to bare. I learnt customer service tips and stocking.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
fun environment to be in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland26 June 2019
while working here i did not get paid as this was from school and was for gaining experience only so overall was great fun and great experience!
everyone is very friendly
Pros
gained experience
Cons
not paid
as a teenager
Manurewa checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Manurewa, Auckland28 May 2019
worked at the warehouse for a short time this was very first time gaining employment. I was still at high school whilst working here. I worked as a checkout operator and also maintaining the stores tidiness. my experience here was a great eye opener to the work force as a young adult.
Pros
lunches were cheap
Cons
my supervisor was a bully
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland22 May 2019
Decent hours and good pay. Friendly employees too but sometimes not quite helpful but luckily im a quick learner. Downside was having to deal with difficult customers on my own.
Positive experience.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington20 May 2019
I had a positive experience working on the Red Shirts in Community programme. I learned the following skills: customer service, price changing/checking, refilling stock. I enjoyed working with the store managers and supervisors in a friendly environment. The hardest part was being on my feet but I got used to it. The most enjoyable part was working with the rest of the team.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE WAREHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.