THE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

Stressful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 December 2019
Co-workers treated you fair but others thought they were more superior.
Work there was easy but stressful when you’ve finished your assignment and there’s nothing more to do.
They don’t seem to know the signs of an anxiety/ panic attack, they just brush it off as being shy/scared to do the job.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury3 December 2019
I learned many skills needed for retail jobs such as communication skills and checkout skills and it has helped me grow in many different aspects of my life not only for jobs, but also personally.
I don’t know
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland2 December 2019
Slow, chilled day not many customers on the days I was working on. Easy to do but boring, want something that will keep me occupied and busy in the workforce.
The Warehouse, where everyone gets a bargain
Employee (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, Auckland2 December 2019
I would recommend anyone to work at the warehouse. Really friendly employees and easy work. Would be a good work experience and a start for people who haven’t worked before.
Good experience
Restocking (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland29 November 2019
I learnt how to be confident infront of customers and how to cooperate well with the workers. This job experience has really made me open up more to people and also to gain confidence while working with customers or for them
Productive workplace where everyone gets a bargain.
PICKER PACKER (Former Employee) –  Pakuranga, Auckland19 November 2019
Even though I came across some rest angry costumers, I found picking and packing really easy. Met some really nice people along the way and overall it was a good place to work. The hardest part of the job was looking for the orders especially when it says that products are in stock when they have run out. The most most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people and getting to work with the costumers.
Work Experience
Red Shirt Participant (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland31 October 2019
i only attended a 3 week work experience in their program and the warehouse was fun and exciting to experience work. the team members were great and helpful and just an awesome surroundings.
Fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, Auckland26 October 2019
I was not employed here this is where is did my work experience to help me get a foot into the retail industry. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Warehouse, that Team welcome me and showed me all i needed to know within that store.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, Auckland15 October 2019
Busy and fun place to work as your first job. Learn new things everyday, no two days are the same! Would recommend to high school students who are looking to make some shmoney.
Entry Level Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Roskill8 October 2019
The best part of working at the Warehouse is definitely the employees. There is a strong sense of family and hard work. If you have the flexibility, you can learn all aspects of the job and become a very valued team member to the company.
3 week Red Shirts
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Levin, Manawatu-Wanganui26 September 2019
This was only a 3 week program that WINZ set up non paid but it was fun and a good time a really excellent experience overall. I have learned quite alot in the weeks I had worked here.
Productive & FUN
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui18 September 2019
Great place to work although it was placement work i enjoyed the company of the workers they were helpful, respectful and approachable. The job load can be big but if you can time-manage yourself the job isn't hard at all. would 100% recommend if you can get a job here do it.
Good place to work, new work ethics changed alot of team spirit. Not the same great place it used to be to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui2 September 2019
Ok for casual work. Not the same for a full timer nowadays. Much has changed in the company, to keep up with technology and online shopping, causing demand shoppers in store! No loyalty to full timers as there used to be. Alot of casual staff hired. Permanent, knowledgeable staff have been redeployed, made redundant or left!
Pros
Team shout lunches, amazing!
Cons
No full time staff loyalties any more!
The Warehouse is a productive, Outgoing work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petone, Wellington26 August 2019
The Warehouse had taught me about how to have a good time management and how to get along with everyone in your work space. The Warehouse had taught me how to be confident in talking to new people.
The warehouse red shirts
Red shirt (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui26 August 2019
Why I liked doing red shirts because it kept me on my feet and I love being busy and trying new things. Also liked that everyone was so nice and easy to get along with.
Great workplace
Stocktake (Former Employee) –  Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui26 August 2019
Working in a stocktake position at The Warehouse in Feilding, Manawatu, New Zealand was a great experience and I have now gained more skills that I am able to put on my cv now which is great. It was an awesome opportunity that I'm glad to have taken and I've enjoyed my time there.
Fun workplace with amazing people.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato24 August 2019
I loved working here! Was such a great experience and i learnt a lot about how to handle stress from having this job. A typical day at work would mean spending time with workmates as well as making friends.
just another family friendly retail spot
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch23 August 2019
For those who don't know, the Warehouse is basically the Walmart of New Zealand so its not the most exciting place to work at but its still a nice place to work at times
Pros
transfer anywhere in the country
Cons
boring
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland20 August 2019
I had done a course at the warehouse called Red shirts, they helped me gain some work experience and customer service. They also showed me what is was like to work in teams and how important it is to communicate with each other, also how to work in a busy evironment.
Pros
Work experience, customer service and team work.
productive environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland17 August 2019
A typical day at work would be to do as my manager would tell me to do or team leaders. i learned how to do shipping online, my management skills improved, awesome work place culture! deffinately would come back
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE WAREHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.