THE WAREHOUSE logo
THE WAREHOUSE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

THE WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Great Fundraiser

We did this as a fundraiser along with a few other groups who were also fundraising for various sporting and cultural activities. It can be hard work depending what areas you are counting in, and you need to have your wits about you sometimes, but it is a lot of fun.It's a shame that The Warehouse isn't giving community groups the opportunity to do the stocktake in 2021. Fundraising is hard in a small town so doing the stocktake is awesome. A lot of these groups depend on this income to allow the kids to take part in their chosen activity. Sad times.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Can get pretty dirty/dusty!

Stressful, bullying atmosphere

Very stressful place to work, bullying atmosphere. A lot of family members working under family members, nepotism/ favoritism.Continuous changes to your role.

Pros

Birthday paid day off

Cons

High pressure, lack of job support

Produktiver Arbeitsplatz

Insgesamt war es entspannt und mit guten Kollegen

Absolutely loved it

I loved the job here, everyone, especially management, was super friendly to me and made me feel like I belonged there from day one. I would highly recommend applying as the application process was super easy, and you learn so much on the job :)

Pros

nice coworkers

Cons

on your feet

Really good

Family orientated where it is really comfortable and affordable as well, with a great feeling and positive experience for those who are new to the job. And very welcoming staff

Cons

awesome team to work with good learning oppurtunities

The warehouse is a great place to for anyone young that would like to gain customer service skills.Great oppurtunities to work the way up to leadership roles that can take you to other career paths. Great for uni students to gain more knowedge.

Productive.

I don't mind working in the warehouse they have a lot of categories to work around so you will never get bored. The hardest part about working at the warehouse would have to be the stock room. I really enjoyed the front of the house service. I would definitely work there again.

Fun workplace

It was fun working at The Warehouse, I learned on how to talk more with people and build a very good relationship with many different people. The hardest would be getting backaches lifting heavy things but it was very good experience. I think the most part that I enjoyed was making new friends with different people.

Fun and generous workplace.

I enjoyed working at the warehouse apart of work experience because the staff members were supportive and dedicated to their works. The hardest part was standing for long hours but it was enjoyable working alongside good company and seeing the results of the work you've done pay off.

Pros

Generous employees that provide great support for newcomers and tasks aren't necessarily hard.

Cons

Non-stop standing and walking and sometimes it does get tiring.

Check out operator

I have moved from Gusbirbe to Christchurch since February the 1st 2020 and now I would like to work for the warehouse again.please give a call .thanks Kita

Jobs at THE WAREHOUSE

See more jobs

The Warehouse - Red Shirts in Community Work Experience.

It gave me a feel of what full time work is like, 5 days a week 8:30am to 5:30pm. I moved stock, checked best by dates in the food area, restocked drinks in the fridges and sorted clothes for stock take. overall it was interesting to see behind the scenes and how the store is run.

productive and supportive atmosphere

have a positive and productive work culture in the workplace. Besides, the management appreciates the flexibility of work, time and designation. I'm satisfied with my present work but have to move forward in my profession and want to explore other fields in retail.

it was alright

it was alright i helped people with stuff they needed and stocked stuff and sorted out clothes a lot. it was boring sometimes when i sorted out clothes

It was good.

i enjoyed going to work, the staff were very welcoming when i started and i was able to feel comfortable and safe. Everyone was friendly and cheerful. Our managers were great too. A typical day at work usually starts quiet, then as the day goes on it gets busy. Ill either be on checkouts most of the day and sometimes id go off and do returns. Most enoyable part of the job would probaly have to be the staff and also helping customers in need.

All i can say is i would love to work at the warehouse again.

Working at the Warehouse was an awesome experience. Attitude was on point. Vibe with everyone was really cool. Work load was done fairly. I would work there again, whole environment was spot on our team all played their.. Would love to work at the warehouse again..

Fun workplace

Non-stressful environment with excellent colleagues, and management staff. Simple work with deserving pay and good benefits. Must be someone who doesn't mind the late finishes.

Overall awesome job, felt like i contributed to the growth of this department

Overall I really enjoyed working for the warehouse jewelry, the down side was not having support when needed when busy, in quiet times definitely needed something else to do. With the right people the department could be so much more.

There is very bad management there we work very hard for very little money

They are bullies they the managers are bullies the indian ones.the company don't show much what you have to do you have to learn the system and ask for help from fellow workers, the culture is they all can gang up on you and bully you.the hardest part is begging for a full time job every opportunity was available i applied and got rejected,

productive and great place to work

The warehouse is a fun place to work. The staff on the shop floor are great to work with even though management had favourites . They have a great social club and tried to get the three shifts together when doing things . There were three shifts days/nights and backshift . The first to are shop floor as we are open till midnight The last on was a fill team which was a very fast paced job as there was a lot of stock to put out as sometimes we would get 100 pallets of stock in a day. I have worked on all these shifts and found the staff great to work with even though at times we were very busy and under staffed. The warehouse is a store that sells everything from manchester/sporting/furniture/houseware/clothing/toys so is similar to kmart Some of my roles were team member/team leader and duty manager and enjoyed all these rolls even though they could be stressfull at times and the hours of work took a lot out of you especally the backshift . But i enjoyed my time there and the only reason i left was to come over to australia as my wife wanted to return home.

Pros

A great team to work with

Cons

Always giving more work with less time and staff

not too bad

- it's not too bad for a first job, working at the checkouts is pretty straightforward once you keep practicing. - i don't like that the 30 minute unpaid meal break is automatically taken out of your hours- sometimes they'll make me stay an extra half hour but i don't end up being paid for it because it will be counted as an unpaid meal break. - management is ok however the in-store advertisements NEED TO BE MANAGED PROPERLY!! there have been so many times old sale signs have been left up and customers have gotten angry at the checkout people, which is really annoying.

Pros

learn about retail, talk to people and build confidence

Cons

dealing with rude or stuck up customers, managers sometimes not doing their jobs, no air con in store, no team discount for casuals

Good place to get out of your comfort zone

Its ok. I worked in a variety of positions. I was called over intercom wherever I was needed on days that I was not rostered on for a specific shift. a
  • THE WAREHOUSE