The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 23,297 reviews
3 years of loyal service
Drive thru, Frontline, Sandwich Maker, Grill (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, Waikato6 September 2018
after being a loyal wendys crew memeber after 3 years i was not rewarded with anything, i had put work first for 3 years, skipping family events, school and other things to cover shifts. i had learnt every station and could work anywhere in the store covering any shift and as i asked multiple times to become a supervisor was denied multiple times, and other people were made into supervisors after a few months. if you made one mistake you were always blamed for every mistake that was made, just feel like after 3 years of loyal service i was not treated fairly.
Pros
the crew members were all lovely and i enjoyed working with them
Cons
long hours, abuse of power from management, no rewards
Eh
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury3 September 2018
Honestly it's not horrible but it's really not great when you have busy days and are in High School or Uni. they ask you to work a lot and a lot of the time seem disappointed when you can't do a favor for them even if the reason you can't cover the shift is for a medical emergency. They don't seem to care at all
Pros
They're pretty chill
Cons
Managers
Wendy’s hamburgers (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury13 August 2018
Amazing working environment
Staff are easy and understanding
Was very smooth during the busiest times
Managemt knew exactly what they were doing
Any issues were dealt with the right way
Pros
Staff and management
Cons
Short hours
Fun workplace because of the company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenlane, Auckland6 July 2018
Good place to work only because of the company around and you’ll experience so many customers who are very aggressive and customers with complaints so it’s a good place to start working.
Pros
Company
Cons
No free food
Fast and productive workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty5 July 2018
I've made lots of friends through this job. The fast paced environment makes me feel accomplished after a day at work. I've enjoyed working more closely with customers with this job.
Pros
discounted food, meet new people, hospitality industry experience
Cons
long hours, not good for students
the place is not too bad
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland24 May 2018
I have been working there for more than half a year now, but I still just get minimum wage.
There's no free food for staffs.
Always working for a long time (6 hours) without any break.
Alright
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Panmure, Auckland11 May 2018
Typical day for me was running front line orders by myself, whereas everyone else was busy in drive thru. Meaning I had to face the flak if it was rush hour and I was behind in running orders.

I learnt time management and how to deal with stress

Management was not very fair, as they would talk in their own language and make me feel like an outcast.

Hardest part of the job is cleaning the dining room which included; tables, chairs, floors, condiment stand and toilets. This was done just by me, with no ones help.

The most enjoyable part was staff discount and clocking out at the end of the shift.
Pros
Food
Cons
nice place with different tastes
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 April 2018
Enjoyed working there as they are providing all training.full tasty food serving straight from the grill .no matter,its should me throwed if the time finishes.
Pros
free for poor
Cons
long working time
My opinion
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 March 2018
I love food as I have mentioned about another job I had. Money wasnt great but I did get emplyee of the month at one point while being employed there.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 March 2018
wendys is a great place. the environment is amazing, making new friends with the regular customers, knowledge on handling cash also on cleanliness. we don't really have to spend a lot on food since we get staff discount. the staffs are lovely we work as a team its always bout helping one another and the customers and that the customers are always right.
Pros
staff discount, new skills
Cons
short hours less pay
Alright workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 March 2018
In my opinion, when working at Wendy's I felt more like a boss instead of a crew member due to the lack of management skills by the manager and assistant managers. Whilst I'm training 3 new employees, the manager is usually sitting back in the office, even when we required help during busy times. I believe that managers should be younger mainly because older managers are typically cranky about every little thing and are usually not in the mood to work at all and are very tired.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and Enjoyable environment.
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Constellation Drive21 February 2018
Wendy's is a fun and enjoyable job! Easy to make friends! The food is amazing! Managers and employees are welcoming and easy to get along with. Working at Wendy's there were times where you would feel intimidated just by how many indians there were. And there was a strict rule about speaking in your own language as it was clearly not allowed but they did it a lot, and you cant help but assume they are talking about yourself. Overall it is a really good job, i would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Halfprice on meals
Was a great first job.
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury21 February 2018
I liked working at Wendys Supa Sundays as it was a great first, part-time job. All of my colleagues were lovely and easy to get along with. My position at Wendy's came to an end because I got an offer to work Retail at H&M.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Short hours, not enough.
great place for your first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Papakura, Auckland8 January 2018
workplace was great team was a well oiled machine good management pay rate could increase other than that I enjoyed being an employee although hours could be increased also.
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland17 December 2017
A typical Day at work is very Busy.
I learned how to use a till.
management wasn't very good
Workplace culture wasn't very good.
The hardest part of the job is being able to get your voice heard by the mangers
The most enjoyable part was when my day ended.
Pros
Half Price Meals
Cons
Long Hours. Not friendly people
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland6 December 2017
Wendy's Manukau store is one of the busiest in South Auckland, so that environment gave me a lot of practice in managing stressful situations at work. Also. it made me more proficient at multi tasking, and following strict procedures/guidelines. I enjoyed working in a team environment, where collaboration is required. It was fun, and the team was just like one big family.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Extra long hours (Occasionally covering absences)
Too much stress
Customer Service, Food handling (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 November 2017
It is not the ideal environment to work in. They make you do shifts which you are not rostered for. After telling them specific shifts i can and can not do, they still gave me those shifts after agreeing to my conditions.
Pros
Cons
make you work too much
typical fast food job
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Waikato20 November 2017
there's a lot of labour work and you get paid minimum salary. there's a lot of duties for a front liner role. working full time in te rapa as a front liner is just working as a part timer. there's not enough hours. but it does give you a lot of experience dealing with the customers.
Pros
management
Cons
there are no set shifts.
great experience
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Westfield, Auckland16 November 2017
great experience and enjoying customer service,, friendly environment, friendly coworkers so it all was good experience. the manager of the organization is very friendly and behave equally with everyone.
Pros
experience
Cons
nothing
Fun and everything always on point. They have good services with customer's and never fail to put a smile on their face.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland1 November 2017
Have experience working with customer's, serving customer's in front is so much fun. How to clean and tidy up and stock up everything wen it's empty.
Pros
Got the best shakes
Cons
They only gave us small amount of discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K