The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

nice place with different tastes
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 April 2018
Enjoyed working there as they are providing all training.full tasty food serving straight from the grill .no matter,its should me throwed if the time finishes.
Pros
free for poor
Cons
long working time
My opinion
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 March 2018
I love food as I have mentioned about another job I had. Money wasnt great but I did get emplyee of the month at one point while being employed there.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 March 2018
wendys is a great place. the environment is amazing, making new friends with the regular customers, knowledge on handling cash also on cleanliness. we don't really have to spend a lot on food since we get staff discount. the staffs are lovely we work as a team its always bout helping one another and the customers and that the customers are always right.
Pros
staff discount, new skills
Cons
short hours less pay
Alright workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 March 2018
In my opinion, when working at Wendy's I felt more like a boss instead of a crew member due to the lack of management skills by the manager and assistant managers. Whilst I'm training 3 new employees, the manager is usually sitting back in the office, even when we required help during busy times. I believe that managers should be younger mainly because older managers are typically cranky about every little thing and are usually not in the mood to work at all and are very tired.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and Enjoyable environment.
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Constellation Drive21 February 2018
Wendy's is a fun and enjoyable job! Easy to make friends! The food is amazing! Managers and employees are welcoming and easy to get along with. Working at Wendy's there were times where you would feel intimidated just by how many indians there were. And there was a strict rule about speaking in your own language as it was clearly not allowed but they did it a lot, and you cant help but assume they are talking about yourself. Overall it is a really good job, i would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Halfprice on meals
Was a great first job.
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury21 February 2018
I liked working at Wendys Supa Sundays as it was a great first, part-time job. All of my colleagues were lovely and easy to get along with. My position at Wendy's came to an end because I got an offer to work Retail at H&M.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Short hours, not enough.
great place for your first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Papakura, Auckland8 January 2018
workplace was great team was a well oiled machine good management pay rate could increase other than that I enjoyed being an employee although hours could be increased also.
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland17 December 2017
A typical Day at work is very Busy.
I learned how to use a till.
management wasn't very good
Workplace culture wasn't very good.
The hardest part of the job is being able to get your voice heard by the mangers
The most enjoyable part was when my day ended.
Pros
Half Price Meals
Cons
Long Hours. Not friendly people
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland6 December 2017
Wendy's Manukau store is one of the busiest in South Auckland, so that environment gave me a lot of practice in managing stressful situations at work. Also. it made me more proficient at multi tasking, and following strict procedures/guidelines. I enjoyed working in a team environment, where collaboration is required. It was fun, and the team was just like one big family.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Extra long hours (Occasionally covering absences)
Too much stress
Customer Service, Food handling (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 November 2017
It is not the ideal environment to work in. They make you do shifts which you are not rostered for. After telling them specific shifts i can and can not do, they still gave me those shifts after agreeing to my conditions.
Pros
Cons
make you work too much
typical fast food job
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Waikato20 November 2017
there's a lot of labour work and you get paid minimum salary. there's a lot of duties for a front liner role. working full time in te rapa as a front liner is just working as a part timer. there's not enough hours. but it does give you a lot of experience dealing with the customers.
Pros
management
Cons
there are no set shifts.
great experience
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Westfield, Auckland16 November 2017
great experience and enjoying customer service,, friendly environment, friendly coworkers so it all was good experience. the manager of the organization is very friendly and behave equally with everyone.
Pros
experience
Cons
nothing
Fun and everything always on point. They have good services with customer's and never fail to put a smile on their face.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland1 November 2017
Have experience working with customer's, serving customer's in front is so much fun. How to clean and tidy up and stock up everything wen it's empty.
Pros
Got the best shakes
Cons
They only gave us small amount of discount
Fun and easy going work place.
Front-End Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 October 2017
A diverse work place that is welcoming and very friendly that makes the work process enjoyable. I learnt how to be very organized and calm while working and to never stress. Management is very easy to deal with and friendly. The workplace culture is positive and makes you feel like you are around friends rather than people you just work with. The hardest part of the job is ensuring you don't stress out but that is something you learn and overcome easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished and rewarded.
Pros
Good hours, well balanced when you have priorities like being a student.
good working atmosphere
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Fairy Springs, Auckland29 October 2017
Great workplace to get some New Zealand working style exposure. All the staff members are very friendly and co-operative. Managers are very supportive.
Brilliant
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury25 October 2017
Brilliant company with good values, lovely management. worked there during my time travelling New Zealand and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. would work there again
Good amongst crew
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rangitikei District, Manawatu-Wanganui12 October 2017
Fun and inviting amongst crew members and often takes into account your shift times and needs.
Sometimes the employee discounts seem a bit stingy but still can be good.
Pros
50% discount on a meal per shift
okay job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland1 October 2017
it was an okay job helped me financially but the pay was not enough worked good hours till it dropped down to less hours. i liked the job but some of the people i worked with i didn't like
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland10 August 2017
Friendly and happening place to work with. The manager is so kind and understanding. The other crew are also very nice and friendly. The enviroment of the workplace is also happening and creates a good mood everyday I come to work.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
No lunches
Great place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New zealand21 June 2017
Learned a lot at this place and learned how to maintain the team and learned to control pressure and had a lot of fun at this by enjoying my shifts and working with fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K