The Wendy's Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

New Zealand74 reviews
A typical day at work would be cleaning and getting the drive thru timer under a certain time, making sure customers were happy. Everyone is friends with each other which makes it a good place to work.
I worked Wendys nearly three year, but whenever I ask for increment, HR replied me, you efforts are not satisfied, m asking, if m not satisfing you why m with you from long time,
I was working on MAnukau Wendys, it is the busiest store in New Zealand, full of stress all the time, but in reward we just got no any rising expectations which was so rude. M happy I left that place
Great experience. I learned a lot while working in Wendy.I learned to manage time .I was getting enough hours to get through the week.workplace had friendly and fun environment.
If i got paid properly then i wouldnt want to leave. Need better pay for management. Its like working as a crew reason most managers resign because unfair pay
My most typical day at Wendy's is most likely a really stressful day. Always on my feet from here to there every time, I work at the Manukau store and its a really busy store most times.
Not a bad place to work while at school or studying, I didn't enjoy working full-time there as it was repetitive and I felt like I needed more of a challenge. I did meet some great friends there too.
Pros
Cheaper Meals when working
Cons
No Pay Raises
Working at Wendy's has provided me with valuable experience in the retail industry, while also making me accustomed to the workforce. My duties largely involved operation and maintenance of the grill, as well as some food preparation, maintenance of the kitchen, handling drive-through and training new employees.

The workplace culture was average, nothing to complain about.

The hardest part of the job was dedication to night-shifts, balancing University studies with working long hours, and commuting to and from work, however I managed. Working during busy hours was sometimes stressful.

The most enjoyable part about working here was serving customers and receiving gratitude from them, as well as getting to understand the processes involved with food preparation and equipment use.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
- Part time hours which was helpful in balancing university workload.
- Customer service

- Most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing it and also the other crew members.
Pros
half price on any menu items
Cons
late hours, manager
To be honestly I was working there around 1 years and a half is quite slow but it pretty good also you got a extra hours if yuh work more hours a week
Pros
Half price for all the combo
Cons
olny 40 hours allowed in a week
after being a loyal wendys crew memeber after 3 years i was not rewarded with anything, i had put work first for 3 years, skipping family events, school and other things to cover shifts. i had learnt every station and could work anywhere in the store covering any shift and as i asked multiple times to become a supervisor was denied multiple times, and other people were made into supervisors after a few months. if you made one mistake you were always blamed for every mistake that was made, just feel like after 3 years of loyal service i was not treated fairly.
Pros
the crew members were all lovely and i enjoyed working with them
Cons
long hours, abuse of power from management, no rewards
Honestly it's not horrible but it's really not great when you have busy days and are in High School or Uni. they ask you to work a lot and a lot of the time seem disappointed when you can't do a favor for them even if the reason you can't cover the shift is for a medical emergency. They don't seem to care at all
Pros
They're pretty chill
Cons
Managers
Amazing working environment
Staff are easy and understanding

Was very smooth during the busiest times

Managemt knew exactly what they were doing

Any issues were dealt with the right way
Pros
Staff and management
Cons
Short hours
I was working with people around my age so It was really nice to talk to people while on the job. I work well with or without others. Having someone there just makes the day go by faster.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
repetitive and minimum thinking effort
Good place to work only because of the company around and you’ll experience so many customers who are very aggressive and customers with complaints so it’s a good place to start working.
Pros
Company
Cons
No free food
I've made lots of friends through this job. The fast paced environment makes me feel accomplished after a day at work. I've enjoyed working more closely with customers with this job.
Pros
discounted food, meet new people, hospitality industry experience
Cons
long hours, not good for students
I have been working there for more than half a year now, but I still just get minimum wage.
There's no free food for staffs.

Always working for a long time (6 hours) without any break.
Typical day for me was running front line orders by myself, whereas everyone else was busy in drive thru. Meaning I had to face the flak if it was rush hour and I was behind in running orders.

I learnt time management and how to deal with stress

Management was not very fair, as they would talk in their own language and make me feel like an outcast.

Hardest part of the job is cleaning the dining room which included; tables, chairs, floors, condiment stand and toilets. This was done just by me, with no ones help.

The most enjoyable part was staff discount and clocking out at the end of the shift.
Pros
Food
Cons
Enjoyed working there as they are providing all training.full tasty food serving straight from the grill .no matter,its should me throwed if the time finishes.
Pros
free for poor
Cons
long working time
I love food as I have mentioned about another job I had. Money wasnt great but I did get emplyee of the month at one point while being employed there.
wendys is a great place. the environment is amazing, making new friends with the regular customers, knowledge on handling cash also on cleanliness. we don't really have to spend a lot on food since we get staff discount. the staffs are lovely we work as a team its always bout helping one another and the customers and that the customers are always right.
Pros
staff discount, new skills
Cons
short hours less pay
In my opinion, when working at Wendy's I felt more like a boss instead of a crew member due to the lack of management skills by the manager and assistant managers. Whilst I'm training 3 new employees, the manager is usually sitting back in the office, even when we required help during busy times. I believe that managers should be younger mainly because older managers are typically cranky about every little thing and are usually not in the mood to work at all and are very tired.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.
9.1K