The Wendy's Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Crew Member34 reviews
New Zealand34 reviews
Great experience. I learned a lot while working in Wendy.I learned to manage time .I was getting enough hours to get through the week.workplace had friendly and fun environment.
I worked Wendys nearly three year, but whenever I ask for increment, HR replied me, you efforts are not satisfied, m asking, if m not satisfing you why m with you from long time,
I was working on MAnukau Wendys, it is the busiest store in New Zealand, full of stress all the time, but in reward we just got no any rising expectations which was so rude. M happy I left that place
Not a bad place to work while at school or studying, I didn't enjoy working full-time there as it was repetitive and I felt like I needed more of a challenge. I did meet some great friends there too.
Pros
Cheaper Meals when working
Cons
No Pay Raises
Working at Wendy's has provided me with valuable experience in the retail industry, while also making me accustomed to the workforce. My duties largely involved operation and maintenance of the grill, as well as some food preparation, maintenance of the kitchen, handling drive-through and training new employees.

The workplace culture was average, nothing to complain about.

The hardest part of the job was dedication to night-shifts, balancing University studies with working long hours, and commuting to and from work, however I managed. Working during busy hours was sometimes stressful.

The most enjoyable part about working here was serving customers and receiving gratitude from them, as well as getting to understand the processes involved with food preparation and equipment use.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
- Part time hours which was helpful in balancing university workload.
- Customer service

- Most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing it and also the other crew members.
Pros
half price on any menu items
Cons
late hours, manager
Honestly it's not horrible but it's really not great when you have busy days and are in High School or Uni. they ask you to work a lot and a lot of the time seem disappointed when you can't do a favor for them even if the reason you can't cover the shift is for a medical emergency. They don't seem to care at all
Pros
They're pretty chill
Cons
Managers
I've made lots of friends through this job. The fast paced environment makes me feel accomplished after a day at work. I've enjoyed working more closely with customers with this job.
Pros
discounted food, meet new people, hospitality industry experience
Cons
long hours, not good for students
Typical day for me was running front line orders by myself, whereas everyone else was busy in drive thru. Meaning I had to face the flak if it was rush hour and I was behind in running orders.

I learnt time management and how to deal with stress

Management was not very fair, as they would talk in their own language and make me feel like an outcast.

Hardest part of the job is cleaning the dining room which included; tables, chairs, floors, condiment stand and toilets. This was done just by me, with no ones help.

The most enjoyable part was staff discount and clocking out at the end of the shift.
Pros
Food
Cons
I love food as I have mentioned about another job I had. Money wasnt great but I did get emplyee of the month at one point while being employed there.
workplace was great team was a well oiled machine good management pay rate could increase other than that I enjoyed being an employee although hours could be increased also.
A typical Day at work is very Busy.
I learned how to use a till.

management wasn't very good

Workplace culture wasn't very good.

The hardest part of the job is being able to get your voice heard by the mangers

The most enjoyable part was when my day ended.
Pros
Half Price Meals
Cons
Long Hours. Not friendly people
great experience and enjoying customer service,, friendly environment, friendly coworkers so it all was good experience. the manager of the organization is very friendly and behave equally with everyone.
Pros
experience
Cons
nothing
Have experience working with customer's, serving customer's in front is so much fun. How to clean and tidy up and stock up everything wen it's empty.
Pros
Got the best shakes
Cons
They only gave us small amount of discount
Great workplace to get some New Zealand working style exposure. All the staff members are very friendly and co-operative. Managers are very supportive.
Fun and inviting amongst crew members and often takes into account your shift times and needs.
Sometimes the employee discounts seem a bit stingy but still can be good.
Pros
50% discount on a meal per shift
Friendly and happening place to work with. The manager is so kind and understanding. The other crew are also very nice and friendly. The enviroment of the workplace is also happening and creates a good mood everyday I come to work.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
No lunches
Learned a lot at this place and learned how to maintain the team and learned to control pressure and had a lot of fun at this by enjoying my shifts and working with fun.
Wendy's is a really good fast food restaurant. And the management also good. I am working pan panmure Wendy's so when I am working there, l am having fun really good experience.
Pros
Harf price meals
Cons
it is a typical day at work, easy to do. the management is pretty well. the hardest part of the job was drive thru and the most enjoyable part of the job was making burgers
Pros
half priced food
Cons
good training and very informative. management strive to provide the best quality food and service. i mostly enjoyed working in this team environment because everyone was very helpful.
A typical day at Wendys includes preparation of food, customer service that is timed, a lot of cleaning, etc..
The training isn't great as you are just thrown in the deep end and expected to swim.

Just way too much pressure put on you by management.. all so they can get their monthly bonuses. A lot of hard work involved, and not much thanks for the effort you put in.

Co-workers are usually also upset by the pressure so not a very fun place to work.

Expected to go in when others are sick, and if you say no you get sh-- for it.
Pros
Half priced lunch when working
Cons
Not appreciated, and expected to work til you drop