The Wendy's Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative12 reviews
New Zealand12 reviews
My most typical day at Wendy's is most likely a really stressful day. Always on my feet from here to there every time, I work at the Manukau store and its a really busy store most times.
wendys is a great place. the environment is amazing, making new friends with the regular customers, knowledge on handling cash also on cleanliness. we don't really have to spend a lot on food since we get staff discount. the staffs are lovely we work as a team its always bout helping one another and the customers and that the customers are always right.
Pros
staff discount, new skills
Cons
short hours less pay
In my opinion, when working at Wendy's I felt more like a boss instead of a crew member due to the lack of management skills by the manager and assistant managers. Whilst I'm training 3 new employees, the manager is usually sitting back in the office, even when we required help during busy times. I believe that managers should be younger mainly because older managers are typically cranky about every little thing and are usually not in the mood to work at all and are very tired.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Wendy's Manukau store is one of the busiest in South Auckland, so that environment gave me a lot of practice in managing stressful situations at work. Also. it made me more proficient at multi tasking, and following strict procedures/guidelines. I enjoyed working in a team environment, where collaboration is required. It was fun, and the team was just like one big family.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Extra long hours (Occasionally covering absences)
It is not the ideal environment to work in. They make you do shifts which you are not rostered for. After telling them specific shifts i can and can not do, they still gave me those shifts after agreeing to my conditions.
Pros
Cons
make you work too much
A diverse work place that is welcoming and very friendly that makes the work process enjoyable. I learnt how to be very organized and calm while working and to never stress. Management is very easy to deal with and friendly. The workplace culture is positive and makes you feel like you are around friends rather than people you just work with. The hardest part of the job is ensuring you don't stress out but that is something you learn and overcome easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished and rewarded.
Pros
Good hours, well balanced when you have priorities like being a student.
Cons
I used to do all shifts and it was fum working with all my team members amd the manager was really really supportive for me....
At first i was trained in the sandwich station and i got the best sandwich maker award and then i got trained in cash handling. I enjoy each and every day I interact with customers
You will be happy to go to work everyday to this company because every stuffs are friendly , fun, team players and happy all the time.. You never find any sad faces in the area, only happy people and fun even the managers..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a typical day at work is just everyone greeting one another. greeting customers.i have learnt to get along with different people from different backgrounds from mine. i have a really good relationship with our management team. they are fair and also fun to be around with. i don't think there is anything hard about my job apart from doing a really long shift. i.e 12 hours. other than that everything at Wendys is fine. the most enjoyable part or the part that i look forward to at work are my co-workers. i get along with all of them. i really like to hang out with them.
Pros
fun shifts with co-workers
Cons
cleaning can be heavy
I Learned a lot from Wendy's like how to manage th work and how to plan daily activities. Co-workers are very kind to every one and very supportive and i enjoy working with them
Pros
50% Discount
The hours are good. Actually very flexible however I've worked over here for almost 2 year and i think i need a change and explore my option. There is no further progress and it is not my field of interest.
Pros
Free product on every shift
Cons
no further progress
I enjoyed the front line customer service. I had learned how to use the cash register and how to deal with an unsatisfied customer. I felt at the time that Management was not very supportive, I used to feel sorry for the young co-workers that I use to work with. I felt there was no team work amongst our crew workers.
The hardest part of the job was when there was a shortage in staff and we were in the peak hours of business. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving and interacting with the customers.
Pros
lunch was half price
Cons
very stressful when in training, and business was in peak hours