The Wendy's Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Wendy's Company Management reviews

New Zealand75 reviews
If i got paid properly then i wouldnt want to leave. Need better pay for management. Its like working as a crew reason most managers resign because unfair pay
after being a loyal wendys crew memeber after 3 years i was not rewarded with anything, i had put work first for 3 years, skipping family events, school and other things to cover shifts. i had learnt every station and could work anywhere in the store covering any shift and as i asked multiple times to become a supervisor was denied multiple times, and other people were made into supervisors after a few months. if you made one mistake you were always blamed for every mistake that was made, just feel like after 3 years of loyal service i was not treated fairly.
Pros
the crew members were all lovely and i enjoyed working with them
Cons
long hours, abuse of power from management, no rewards
Honestly it's not horrible but it's really not great when you have busy days and are in High School or Uni. they ask you to work a lot and a lot of the time seem disappointed when you can't do a favor for them even if the reason you can't cover the shift is for a medical emergency. They don't seem to care at all
Pros
They're pretty chill
Cons
Managers
Amazing working environment
Staff are easy and understanding

Was very smooth during the busiest times

Managemt knew exactly what they were doing

Any issues were dealt with the right way
Pros
Staff and management
Cons
Short hours
Typical day for me was running front line orders by myself, whereas everyone else was busy in drive thru. Meaning I had to face the flak if it was rush hour and I was behind in running orders.

I learnt time management and how to deal with stress

Management was not very fair, as they would talk in their own language and make me feel like an outcast.

Hardest part of the job is cleaning the dining room which included; tables, chairs, floors, condiment stand and toilets. This was done just by me, with no ones help.

The most enjoyable part was staff discount and clocking out at the end of the shift.
Pros
Food
Cons
In my opinion, when working at Wendy's I felt more like a boss instead of a crew member due to the lack of management skills by the manager and assistant managers. Whilst I'm training 3 new employees, the manager is usually sitting back in the office, even when we required help during busy times. I believe that managers should be younger mainly because older managers are typically cranky about every little thing and are usually not in the mood to work at all and are very tired.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Not enough hours
workplace was great team was a well oiled machine good management pay rate could increase other than that I enjoyed being an employee although hours could be increased also.
A typical Day at work is very Busy.
I learned how to use a till.

management wasn't very good
Workplace culture wasn't very good.
The hardest part of the job is being able to get your voice heard by the mangers

The most enjoyable part was when my day ended.
Pros
Half Price Meals
Cons
Long Hours. Not friendly people
there's a lot of labour work and you get paid minimum salary. there's a lot of duties for a front liner role. working full time in te rapa as a front liner is just working as a part timer. there's not enough hours. but it does give you a lot of experience dealing with the customers.
Pros
management
Cons
there are no set shifts.
A diverse work place that is welcoming and very friendly that makes the work process enjoyable. I learnt how to be very organized and calm while working and to never stress. Management is very easy to deal with and friendly. The workplace culture is positive and makes you feel like you are around friends rather than people you just work with. The hardest part of the job is ensuring you don't stress out but that is something you learn and overcome easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished and rewarded.
Pros
Good hours, well balanced when you have priorities like being a student.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Wendy's Company?
Brilliant company with good values, lovely management. worked there during my time travelling New Zealand and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. would work there again
Wendy's is a really good fast food restaurant. And the management also good. I am working pan panmure Wendy's so when I am working there, l am having fun really good experience.
Pros
Harf price meals
Cons
it is a typical day at work, easy to do. the management is pretty well. the hardest part of the job was drive thru and the most enjoyable part of the job was making burgers
Pros
half priced food
Cons
good training and very informative. management strive to provide the best quality food and service. i mostly enjoyed working in this team environment because everyone was very helpful.
A typical day at Wendys includes preparation of food, customer service that is timed, a lot of cleaning, etc..
The training isn't great as you are just thrown in the deep end and expected to swim.

Just way too much pressure put on you by management.. all so they can get their monthly bonuses. A lot of hard work involved, and not much thanks for the effort you put in.
Co-workers are usually also upset by the pressure so not a very fun place to work.

Expected to go in when others are sick, and if you say no you get sh-- for it.
Pros
Half priced lunch when working
Cons
Not appreciated, and expected to work til you drop
Always back stabbing people or other ethnicitys to be exact that can't understand there language.
Making things bigger then what they are.

Giving there family members more hours then everyone else.

Always had a bad attitude
Back stabbed customers
Nasty remarks behind closed doors

Worst place to work.

Swearing in the work place
Pros
Half price for one meal
Cons
Not enough hours.
a typical day at work is just everyone greeting one another. greeting customers.i have learnt to get along with different people from different backgrounds from mine. i have a really good relationship with our management team. they are fair and also fun to be around with. i don't think there is anything hard about my job apart from doing a really long shift. i.e 12 hours. other than that everything at Wendys is fine. the most enjoyable part or the part that i look forward to at work are my co-workers. i get along with all of them. i really like to hang out with them.
Pros
fun shifts with co-workers
Cons
cleaning can be heavy
This job is not easy and it takes time to learn the necessary skills required but I have learned so much during the time I have worked there. My customer service skills have definitely improved and the speed I work in have also improved since I first started. The hardest part of the job is time management whereby the pace I am working in needs to increase in order to serve the customers waiting in line while serving quality products.
Pros
discount for most products
Cons
There is no breaks in between serving customers and cleaning up
Opening at 8 am to turn on machines top up shop and receive order from the day before.
Cutting hot dog buns, getting ice cream topped up.

4 hours of serving customers, lunch, then about 2 more hours serving 10 min break and serving till closing.

Then closing time included clean shop, banking, cleaning machines and lock up.

Customer service and staff management.

Got on well with co workers they were friendly and did most jobs i instructed them to do.

hardest part was dealing with difficult customers and standing long hours without sitting.

Most enjoyable was the team atmosphere and making ice cream cakes and cupcakes.
Pros
50% of products
Cons
Standing all day
During rush periods it can be quite full on, but a great team focused work environment makes working at Wendy's very enjoyable and helps get work done faster. The management team is very supportive and will always help out when needed. The hardest part of the job is probably only the long hours where sometimes you can do shifts up to 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is most definitely the crew members as they make the work environment friendly and thus making the work get done faster and more efficiently. I have learnt a lot from this job, ive learnt to handle cash on a daily bases, communicate with customers everyday, and much more.
Pros
both night and day shifts available
i really enjoyed working at Wendy's but I had to take the bus to work every time.
The normal typical day at work would be get in the door and put your bags (if you bought any with you) up on the hook that they provide for you and you get ready for work like normal wash your hands and put hand sanitizer on, log yourself in like normal :) and just serve every time a customer came up to the counter, always handing out samples of the ice cream to every customer :), what I learned was that it's not an easy job and there are always something to do even if you think that there is nothing to well no :), the management and co-workers were really nice to me as well even when they knew that I was really shy they made work feel like home to me they treated me like family so when I was quitting I didn't want to leave :(, I would say the hardest part of the job would be keeping up with every single thing sometimes you can't no matter how much you try to keep up you just can't, although the most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people and having great conversations with not only the workers but the customers as well :)
Pros
Going to fancy restaurants for christmas and when our boss thinks that we deserve it :)
Cons
Taking the bus all the time, spent more money on the bus than I did on food
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.
9.1K