Toll Group logo
Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toll Group Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Great autonomous role

I worked with this company with various owner drivers and gained alot of transport , freight handling ,technological and interpersonal experience . I also had many opportuntied presented to me including staff training which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Its a sh-t place to work at due to the way its managed, And the culture has gone completly down hill because of succesive managers WEVE BEEN TOLD ITS THE TOLL WAY , We get these idiots in to manage and its health an safety only when it suits them $$$$$$$$$

Excellent

Start at 6am, recieve job allocations, and container numbers to pickup from kiwi rail container yard. Most enjoyable part of the day was being finished by 1.pm and at home, but that wasnt every day, but was quite often. There were no hard parts to the job, just challenging. Management were easy to get along with. The workplace culture was good, and the the guys I worked along side were a good friendly bunch.

Toll Priority

Toll priority is run by an inept manager who is bad at dealing with constructive criticisms. He has created a toxic environment in which employees are wanting to leave. Management does not care about the employees and therefore there is no culture and a lack of care in the work place. Current GM needs to go if Toll Priority is to improve.

Worst management

Bias and full of family members from those in charge, Temps get treated badly and those who have worked there for years and years sit on the same salary for years and years. They need to hire better teams leaders who are qualified and know how to run a team and work alongside them. They sit outside all day smoking and pretending to do things on the desktop when you walk in haha hahaha Pay rate is not enough and doesn't go up for years. No specific training available for growth and progression. The workers are always the best part about Toll. Funny and down to earth people.

Working on my own

Working as a truck driver was always the thing I wanted to do. I learned a lot of things by working in Toll. Most liked thing by me is the reputation of the company which I see every time I go to deliver or pickup something from a customer.

People and Culture

No day is the same in transport. It is such a diverse company with all different cultures. I learn a lot from the driver and variety of people from asking a lot of question.

Pros

People

Cons

No culture

very busy international freight company

starting at 4am I prepared paperwork for a small fleet of 5 trucks my day was varied from managing the trucks to inventory. customer service. the team I worked with were diverse and fun. the hardest part of this job was always having to answer my mobile even when I was'nt at work

SAFETY is come first

I like about the company on their safety is very strict. So everyone have to make sure that you are always come to work safely and go home safely. Cultures are vary. They can be friendly and unfriendly. It depends on their mood or their tasks that they do for the day either heavier or lighter duties.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Depends on how busy is for that month

fun workplace

great workplace, very good pay and some great staff. always meeting new people and shifts are pretty good however late nights start to take a toll after a while and miss out on a lot of events at stadium etc due to working.

Pros

free travel to and from work

Cons

late night hours

Jobs at Toll Group

See more jobs

Chrismas functions

I love to work at day times Monday- Friday and i can work at the weekend as well if i needed I learned to work as a team I managed how to work together as a team Team work all times Heavy lifting See my co-workers with a smile face every day and go home safe to my family

Pros

Free lunches from my friends

Cons

Working over time

Excellent teamwork environment and equipment.

A typical day consisted of self supervised nightshift work moving containerized freight around the North Island of New Zealand, delivering in and out of the Ports of Auckland and Auckland main industrial rail freight yard commencing work at 6pm until finish usually between 4am to 6am. I learned to become more aware of fatigue management and the importance to exercise good work time and domestic time management planning. Management was very supportive. They always provided clear concise instructions with backup plans necessary to perform operations confidently and to meet customer requirements. The work place culture was very professional, staff carried out their duties with great appreciation and support for one another. The hardest most challenging part of the job was when negotiating tight reverse driving in the dark of night with minimal lighting and in heavy continuous rain fall all night long. The most enjoyable part of the job was being self supervised and part of a professional team supportive environment.

Pros

Salary remuneration, Professional quality equipment and team work

Cons

na

Content and fun workplace

Working at Toll was a good experience for me. Of all workplaces I have experienced in, working at Toll has been one of the best experiences I have enjoyed working in due to the positive energy flowing & the amount of courage, hardwork & team work every employee has to offer.

Pros

Long Lunches

Cons

Good hours.

It a fun workplace

I learned how to load pmc and most of the cargo staff. Also the most important thing is team work and how to motivate other team members. Working at toll is not an easy job when it comes to long hours. I get bored waiting for the other units to come so that we can work.

Pros

Coffee is free andbreak is long

Cons

Starting time is not good for me

A great place to work

My current experience in warehousing allowed me to grow and learn more things I didn't know about in previous years of warehousing. I enjoy my working here because it has enabled me to look far a field into a more management role. I believe I have all the attributes to begin my professional career in management level.

Pros

Difficult to obtain permanency, long service is recommended

Cons

I do multiple tasks for others besides my own tasks

easy going atmosphere, workplace was great

i loved my job in New Zealand and management, i only furthered my knowlege within toll company such as courses with in toll. now have relocated to Australia melbourne its very hard t get into australian toll but understandable due to past new zealand workers destroying my chance of getting back in to toll to earn good money for my family but other than that toll is a great place to work.

Pros

workplace was good

working here like a big family

I am straight forward person and will solve the problem when I met. Toll like a family. Colleagues are friendly. There is always solutions. In the beginning of the month is more relaxed than the end of month. Toll's payment term is the last working day of the month. So in the beginning of the month I normally do the suppliers reconciliation. In the middle of the month I will start prepare my Monthly payment run. It normally takes two weeks to complete 6 Millions payment run. In the end of the month is the payment process. We do it through Internet Banking. The accounts system we are using now is called " Unibis".

good work but very long hours

Work starts 6:30am. While working i have acquire various skill like time management ,people management and microsoft excel,word ,project and spss and various other tools.people are friendly but long hours of work(65-70) makes job hectic.

Pros

heaps of overtime

Cons

work/life balance

great experience

starting of the month was very busy.i learned a lot the things i never used before like scanner and reach operating machine. and the management was awesome provided a great environment to work.

Pros

every second friday party

Cons

sometimes heavy lifting

By my working efficiency i always make my employer happy.

This is my passion to work as a mechanic so i always happy to do that work and i will satisfied with my work to employer and customers.

no-reply

great team to work with/able to learn a lot in the delivery an loading side can be a hard job but you will work independently at most time
  • Toll Group