Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toll Group Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland10 reviews
very busy international freight company
starting at 4am I prepared paperwork for a small fleet of 5 trucks
my day was varied from managing the trucks to inventory. customer service.

the team I worked with were diverse and fun.

the hardest part of this job was always having to answer my mobile even when I was'nt at work
Toll Priority
Toll priority is run by an inept manager who is bad at dealing with constructive criticisms. He has created a toxic environment in which employees are wanting to leave. Management does not care about the employees and therefore there is no culture and a lack of care in the work place. Current GM needs to go if Toll Priority is to improve.
Worst management
Bias and full of family members from those in charge, Temps get treated badly and those who have worked there for years and years sit on the same salary for years and years.

They need to hire better teams leaders who are qualified and know how to run a team and work alongside them. They sit outside all day smoking and pretending to do things on the desktop when you walk in haha hahaha

Pay rate is not enough and doesn't go up for years. No specific training available for growth and progression.

The workers are always the best part about Toll. Funny and down to earth people.
Excellent teamwork environment and equipment.
A typical day consisted of self supervised nightshift work moving containerized freight around the North Island of New Zealand, delivering in and out of the Ports of Auckland and Auckland main industrial rail freight yard commencing work at 6pm until finish usually between 4am to 6am. I learned to become more aware of fatigue management and the importance to exercise good work time and domestic time management planning. Management was very supportive. They always provided clear concise instructions with backup plans necessary to perform operations confidently and to meet customer requirements. The work place culture was very professional, staff carried out their duties with great appreciation and support for one another. The hardest most challenging part of the job was when negotiating tight reverse driving in the dark of night with minimal lighting and in heavy continuous rain fall all night long. The most enjoyable part of the job was being self supervised and part of a professional team supportive environment.
Pros
Salary remuneration, Professional quality equipment and team work
Cons
na
It a fun workplace
I learned how to load pmc and most of the cargo staff. Also the most important thing is team work and how to motivate other team members. Working at toll is not an easy job when it comes to long hours. I get bored waiting for the other units to come so that we can work.
Pros
Coffee is free andbreak is long
Cons
Starting time is not good for me
easy going atmosphere, workplace was great
i loved my job in New Zealand and management, i only furthered my knowlege within toll company such as courses with in toll. now have relocated to Australia melbourne its very hard t get into australian toll but understandable due to past new zealand workers destroying my chance of getting back in to toll to earn good money for my family but other than that toll is a great place to work.
Pros
workplace was good
good work but very long hours
Work starts 6:30am. While working i have acquire various skill like time management ,people management and microsoft excel,word ,project and spss and various other tools.people are friendly but long hours of work(65-70) makes job hectic.
Pros
heaps of overtime
Cons
work/life balance
fast pace
freight sorting very fast paced environment. noisy and active with good and challenging duties. loading up vehicles and route was drivers job and to provide key service while maintaining in a timely fashion
Pros
work was certain
Cons
Fun environment with a great team
sorting out freight for delivery learning to manage time having fun and enjoying a good days work with your mates. discussing how each other was doing in work and personal life made it a very open and friendly place to work for.
Pros
not being stuck in a warehouse
Friendly staff
The team are very accepting and provide excellent on the job training. Very positive attitude towards work ethic and always striving to exceed customer expectations.
Pros
bbqs