Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toll Group Employee Reviews for Owner Operator Driver

Owner Operator Driver2 reviews
New Zealand2 reviews
Excellent teamwork environment and equipment.
A typical day consisted of self supervised nightshift work moving containerized freight around the North Island of New Zealand, delivering in and out of the Ports of Auckland and Auckland main industrial rail freight yard commencing work at 6pm until finish usually between 4am to 6am. I learned to become more aware of fatigue management and the importance to exercise good work time and domestic time management planning. Management was very supportive. They always provided clear concise instructions with backup plans necessary to perform operations confidently and to meet customer requirements. The work place culture was very professional, staff carried out their duties with great appreciation and support for one another. The hardest most challenging part of the job was when negotiating tight reverse driving in the dark of night with minimal lighting and in heavy continuous rain fall all night long. The most enjoyable part of the job was being self supervised and part of a professional team supportive environment.
Pros
Salary remuneration, Professional quality equipment and team work
Cons
na
good work place
was responable daily run to Ashburton twice a daily had to arrange my own deliveries and pickups was told by management to arrange my own staff and trucks ended with three staff and trucks.
tranzlink as was then changed things around which ended my contract with them after about seven years
Cons
was long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toll Group?