Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toll Group Management reviews

New Zealand36 reviews
A typical day consisted of self supervised nightshift work moving containerized freight around the North Island of New Zealand, delivering in and out of the Ports of Auckland and Auckland main industrial rail freight yard commencing work at 6pm until finish usually between 4am to 6am. I learned to become more aware of fatigue management and the importance to exercise good work time and domestic time management planning. Management was very supportive. They always provided clear concise instructions with backup plans necessary to perform operations confidently and to meet customer requirements. The work place culture was very professional, staff carried out their duties with great appreciation and support for one another. The hardest most challenging part of the job was when negotiating tight reverse driving in the dark of night with minimal lighting and in heavy continuous rain fall all night long. The most enjoyable part of the job was being self supervised and part of a professional team supportive environment.
Pros
Salary remuneration, Professional quality equipment and team work
Cons
na
Start at 6am, recieve job allocations, and container numbers to pickup from kiwi rail container yard. Most enjoyable part of the day was being finished by 1.pm and at home, but that wasnt every day, but was quite often. There were no hard parts to the job, just challenging. Management were easy to get along with. The workplace culture was good, and the the guys I worked along side were a good friendly bunch.
Toll priority is run by an inept manager who is bad at dealing with constructive criticisms. He has created a toxic environment in which employees are wanting to leave. Management does not care about the employees and therefore there is no culture and a lack of care in the work place. Current GM needs to go if Toll Priority is to improve.
Bias and full of family members from those in charge, Temps get treated badly and those who have worked there for years and years sit on the same salary for years and years.

They need to hire better teams leaders who are qualified and know how to run a team and work alongside them. They sit outside all day smoking and pretending to do things on the desktop when you walk in haha hahaha

Pay rate is not enough and doesn't go up for years. No specific training available for growth and progression.

The workers are always the best part about Toll. Funny and down to earth people.
My current experience in warehousing allowed me to grow and learn more things I didn't know about in previous years of warehousing. I enjoy my working here because it has enabled me to look far a field into a more management role. I believe I have all the attributes to begin my professional career in management level.
Pros
Difficult to obtain permanency, long service is recommended
Cons
I do multiple tasks for others besides my own tasks
i loved my job in New Zealand and management, i only furthered my knowlege within toll company such as courses with in toll. now have relocated to Australia melbourne its very hard t get into australian toll but understandable due to past new zealand workers destroying my chance of getting back in to toll to earn good money for my family but other than that toll is a great place to work.
Pros
workplace was good
Work starts 6:30am. While working i have acquire various skill like time management ,people management and microsoft excel,word ,project and spss and various other tools.people are friendly but long hours of work(65-70) makes job hectic.
Pros
heaps of overtime
Cons
work/life balance
starting of the month was very busy.i learned a lot the things i never used before like scanner and reach operating machine. and the management was awesome provided a great environment to work.
Pros
every second friday party
Cons
sometimes heavy lifting
Typical work day - everyday was different and busy.
I learned more about New Zealand and new systems.

Management - was great and easy to approach
The Team - Friendly, helpful and work well as a team.
Difficulties - knowing how to answer certain queries and who to go to.

Enjoyable - No 2 days were the same. Dealing with different clients.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Traveling was a little far
busy and fast work to deliver parcels in commercial areas good experience to interact different people everyday, key things in management best place to learn time management
Cons
was responable daily run to Ashburton twice a daily had to arrange my own deliveries and pickups was told by management to arrange my own staff and trucks ended with three staff and trucks.
tranzlink as was then changed things around which ended my contract with them after about seven years
Cons
was long hours
As I only work part time now on a as and when basis a typical few hours work would be to sort the out of town freight scan the freight to another part of the operation being Toll Parcels. and put tickets on the freight.
Management is very good and I get on with all co workers who are courier owner drivers.
There is no hard part to the job and I enjoy what I do.

I have also done courier work for this company as well.
Pros
N?A
Cons
N?A