Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toll Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.5Pay & Benefits

fun workplace

great workplace, very good pay and some great staff. always meeting new people and shifts are pretty good however late nights start to take a toll after a while and miss out on a lot of events at stadium etc due to working.

Pros

free travel to and from work

Cons

late night hours

Worst management

Bias and full of family members from those in charge, Temps get treated badly and those who have worked there for years and years sit on the same salary for years and years. They need to hire better teams leaders who are qualified and know how to run a team and work alongside them. They sit outside all day smoking and pretending to do things on the desktop when you walk in haha hahaha Pay rate is not enough and doesn't go up for years. No specific training available for growth and progression. The workers are always the best part about Toll. Funny and down to earth people.

Excellent teamwork environment and equipment.

A typical day consisted of self supervised nightshift work moving containerized freight around the North Island of New Zealand, delivering in and out of the Ports of Auckland and Auckland main industrial rail freight yard commencing work at 6pm until finish usually between 4am to 6am. I learned to become more aware of fatigue management and the importance to exercise good work time and domestic time management planning. Management was very supportive. They always provided clear concise instructions with backup plans necessary to perform operations confidently and to meet customer requirements. The work place culture was very professional, staff carried out their duties with great appreciation and support for one another. The hardest most challenging part of the job was when negotiating tight reverse driving in the dark of night with minimal lighting and in heavy continuous rain fall all night long. The most enjoyable part of the job was being self supervised and part of a professional team supportive environment.

Pros

Salary remuneration, Professional quality equipment and team work

Cons

na

Content and fun workplace

Working at Toll was a good experience for me. Of all workplaces I have experienced in, working at Toll has been one of the best experiences I have enjoyed working in due to the positive energy flowing & the amount of courage, hardwork & team work every employee has to offer.

Pros

Long Lunches

Cons

Good hours.

It a fun workplace

I learned how to load pmc and most of the cargo staff. Also the most important thing is team work and how to motivate other team members. Working at toll is not an easy job when it comes to long hours. I get bored waiting for the other units to come so that we can work.

Pros

Coffee is free andbreak is long

Cons

Starting time is not good for me

easy going atmosphere, workplace was great

i loved my job in New Zealand and management, i only furthered my knowlege within toll company such as courses with in toll. now have relocated to Australia melbourne its very hard t get into australian toll but understandable due to past new zealand workers destroying my chance of getting back in to toll to earn good money for my family but other than that toll is a great place to work.

Pros

workplace was good

great place to work

challenging work environment, high job satisfaction. Professional job opportunities available. Great salary and bonuses, very family orientated. Health and safety standards very high.

good work place

I found that most of the people that I worked with were helpful. There was a lot of Long hours each week, but at the end of the week you were always thanked for the amount of work you had done for the company, which in my books goes along way.

Cons

Very long hours

productive and fun work place

i have learned everything in the work place whereas i am new to the workforce but, i have always dreaming of working for financial events as it is what i am good at.

Pros

free lunch

fun workplace

friendly co-workers Hardest part of the job, I also learned how to do new things, like scan, pack and pick

Pros

no free lunches

Jobs at Toll Group