Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toll Group Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.5Pay & Benefits

Working on my own

Working as a truck driver was always the thing I wanted to do. I learned a lot of things by working in Toll. Most liked thing by me is the reputation of the company which I see every time I go to deliver or pickup something from a customer.

Excellent

Start at 6am, recieve job allocations, and container numbers to pickup from kiwi rail container yard. Most enjoyable part of the day was being finished by 1.pm and at home, but that wasnt every day, but was quite often. There were no hard parts to the job, just challenging. Management were easy to get along with. The workplace culture was good, and the the guys I worked along side were a good friendly bunch.

People and Culture

No day is the same in transport. It is such a diverse company with all different cultures. I learn a lot from the driver and variety of people from asking a lot of question.

Pros

People

Cons

No culture

SAFETY is come first

I like about the company on their safety is very strict. So everyone have to make sure that you are always come to work safely and go home safely. Cultures are vary. They can be friendly and unfriendly. It depends on their mood or their tasks that they do for the day either heavier or lighter duties.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Depends on how busy is for that month

fun workplace

great workplace, very good pay and some great staff. always meeting new people and shifts are pretty good however late nights start to take a toll after a while and miss out on a lot of events at stadium etc due to working.

Pros

free travel to and from work

Cons

late night hours

Chrismas functions

I love to work at day times Monday- Friday and i can work at the weekend as well if i needed I learned to work as a team I managed how to work together as a team Team work all times Heavy lifting See my co-workers with a smile face every day and go home safe to my family

Pros

Free lunches from my friends

Cons

Working over time

It a fun workplace

I learned how to load pmc and most of the cargo staff. Also the most important thing is team work and how to motivate other team members. Working at toll is not an easy job when it comes to long hours. I get bored waiting for the other units to come so that we can work.

Pros

Coffee is free andbreak is long

Cons

Starting time is not good for me

working here like a big family

I am straight forward person and will solve the problem when I met. Toll like a family. Colleagues are friendly. There is always solutions. In the beginning of the month is more relaxed than the end of month. Toll's payment term is the last working day of the month. So in the beginning of the month I normally do the suppliers reconciliation. In the middle of the month I will start prepare my Monthly payment run. It normally takes two weeks to complete 6 Millions payment run. In the end of the month is the payment process. We do it through Internet Banking. The accounts system we are using now is called " Unibis".

good work but very long hours

Work starts 6:30am. While working i have acquire various skill like time management ,people management and microsoft excel,word ,project and spss and various other tools.people are friendly but long hours of work(65-70) makes job hectic.

Pros

heaps of overtime

Cons

work/life balance

fast pace

freight sorting very fast paced environment. noisy and active with good and challenging duties. loading up vehicles and route was drivers job and to provide key service while maintaining in a timely fashion

Pros

work was certain

Jobs at Toll Group

See more jobs

Fun environment with a great team

sorting out freight for delivery learning to manage time having fun and enjoying a good days work with your mates. discussing how each other was doing in work and personal life made it a very open and friendly place to work for.

Pros

not being stuck in a warehouse

productive :)

no day at this company is ever the same one day you could be doing metro deliveries the next day you could be doing an out of town job

Friendly staff

The team are very accepting and provide excellent on the job training. Very positive attitude towards work ethic and always striving to exceed customer expectations.

Pros

bbqs

hard work

busy and fast work to deliver parcels in commercial areas good experience to interact different people everyday, key things in management best place to learn time management

Cons

It was a fun workplace to work in

I really like working at Toll because I didn't have to do just one task. I like doing a variety of tasks so I don't get bore easy. I get along with everyone at Toll because I was able to understand them and that is when speaking in more languages became handy. It was fun and I hope I will be able to get a job there again.

Pros

Learning new stuff

Cons

not enough hours

good work place

was responable daily run to Ashburton twice a daily had to arrange my own deliveries and pickups was told by management to arrange my own staff and trucks ended with three staff and trucks. tranzlink as was then changed things around which ended my contract with them after about seven years

Cons

was long hours

good work place

I found that most of the people that I worked with were helpful. There was a lot of Long hours each week, but at the end of the week you were always thanked for the amount of work you had done for the company, which in my books goes along way.

Cons

Very long hours

productive and fun work place

i have learned everything in the work place whereas i am new to the workforce but, i have always dreaming of working for financial events as it is what i am good at.

Pros

free lunch

fun workplace

friendly co-workers Hardest part of the job, I also learned how to do new things, like scan, pack and pick

Pros

no free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toll Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Toll Group