Toll Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Toll Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand36 reviews
Great autonomous role
I worked with this company with various owner drivers and gained alot of transport , freight handling ,technological and interpersonal experience .
I also had many opportuntied presented to me including staff training which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Fun environment with a great team
sorting out freight for delivery learning to manage time having fun and enjoying a good days work with your mates. discussing how each other was doing in work and personal life made it a very open and friendly place to work for.
Pros
not being stuck in a warehouse
productive :)
no day at this company is ever the same
one day you could be doing metro deliveries the next day you could be doing an out of town job
Interesting
Typical work day - everyday was different and busy.
I learned more about New Zealand and new systems.

Management - was great and easy to approach

The Team - Friendly, helpful and work well as a team.

Difficulties - knowing how to answer certain queries and who to go to.

Enjoyable - No 2 days were the same. Dealing with different clients.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Traveling was a little far
Friendly staff
The team are very accepting and provide excellent on the job training. Very positive attitude towards work ethic and always striving to exceed customer expectations.
Pros
bbqs
hard work
busy and fast work to deliver parcels in commercial areas good experience to interact different people everyday, key things in management best place to learn time management
great place to work
challenging work environment, high job satisfaction. Professional job opportunities available. Great salary and bonuses, very family orientated. Health and safety standards very high.
It was a fun workplace to work in
I really like working at Toll because I didn't have to do just one task. I like doing a variety of tasks so I don't get bore easy. I get along with everyone at Toll because I was able to understand them and that is when speaking in more languages became handy. It was fun and I hope I will be able to get a job there again.
Pros
Learning new stuff
Cons
not enough hours
good work place
was responable daily run to Ashburton twice a daily had to arrange my own deliveries and pickups was told by management to arrange my own staff and trucks ended with three staff and trucks.
tranzlink as was then changed things around which ended my contract with them after about seven years
Cons
was long hours
good work place
I found that most of the people that I worked with were helpful. There was a lot of Long hours each week, but at the end of the week you were always thanked for the amount of work you had done for the company, which in my books goes along way.
Cons
Very long hours
productive and fun work place
i have learned everything in the work place whereas i am new to the workforce but, i have always dreaming of working for financial events as it is what i am good at.
Pros
free lunch
fun workplace
friendly co-workers
Hardest part of the job, I also learned how to do new things, like scan, pack and pick
Pros
no free lunches
productive and fun
great people, good work place. i liked the staff we all got along and they helped me feel welcomed when i was there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
N/a
Hours of Work and enjoyment in the work place
As I only work part time now on a as and when basis a typical few hours work would be to sort the out of town freight scan the freight to another part of the operation being Toll Parcels. and put tickets on the freight.
Management is very good and I get on with all co workers who are courier owner drivers.

There is no hard part to the job and I enjoy what I do.

I have also done courier work for this company as well.
Pros
N?A
Cons
N?A
Awesome Teams to work with
There is always something new each day, get to work sort out the paperwork that is left on my desk by priority, have a natter to the team to check what truck drivers may not have scanners so I can manually enter notes into the system, co workers are awesome and fantastic to work with, I dont think that there is a hard part to the job just got to take it day by day and loved every minute of it!
Pros
get the odd freebie :)
Cons
not being told if a truck driver is going to be late, or has no scanner to scan the freight
Great Team - Great Culture
Loved working at Toll Priority the great work ethics, team work, and culture.
Pros
free fruit - lunches
Cons
too small an office