Toll Employee Reviews

Working on my own
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Canterbury21 August 2019
Working as a truck driver was always the thing I wanted to do. I learned a lot of things by working in Toll. Most liked thing by me is the reputation of the company which I see every time I go to deliver or pickup something from a customer.
People and Culture
Pallet Controller (Current Employee) –  Onehunga, Auckland17 October 2018
No day is the same in transport. It is such a diverse company with all different cultures. I learn a lot from the driver and variety of people from asking a lot of question.
Pros
People
Cons
No culture
Hard work with minimal pay
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Kaitaia, NZ24 October 2017
Awesome job, physical and outdoors. I learnt how to instruct, lead and work in a group. Very dangerous if you're not careful as there are a lot of chemicals in the soaps used and huge logging/toll trucks driving in and out of the workplace. Most enjoyable part was being able to get my friends in and getting better every week.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Underpaid
very busy international freight company
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland23 October 2017
starting at 4am I prepared paperwork for a small fleet of 5 trucks
my day was varied from managing the trucks to inventory. customer service.
the team I worked with were diverse and fun.
the hardest part of this job was always having to answer my mobile even when I was'nt at work
SAFETY is come first
Senior Store Person (Current Employee) –  Airport Oaks, Auckland24 September 2017
I like about the company on their safety is very strict. So everyone have to make sure that you are always come to work safely and go home safely.

Cultures are vary. They can be friendly and unfriendly. It depends on their mood or their tasks that they do for the day either heavier or lighter duties.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Depends on how busy is for that month
fun workplace
Train Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington8 August 2017
great workplace, very good pay and some great staff.

always meeting new people and shifts are pretty good however late nights start to take a toll after a while and miss out on a lot of events at stadium etc due to working.
Pros
free travel to and from work
Cons
late night hours
Chrismas functions
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland2 August 2017
I love to work at day times Monday- Friday and i can work at the weekend as well if i needed
I learned to work as a team
I managed how to work together as a team
Team work all times
Heavy lifting
See my co-workers with a smile face every day and go home safe to my family
Pros
Free lunches from my friends
Cons
Working over time
Excellent teamwork environment and equipment.
Sideloader Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Auckland NewZealand10 July 2017
A typical day consisted of self supervised nightshift work moving containerized freight around the North Island of New Zealand, delivering in and out of the Ports of Auckland and Auckland main industrial rail freight yard commencing work at 6pm until finish usually between 4am to 6am. I learned to become more aware of fatigue management and the importance to exercise good work time and domestic time management planning. Management was very supportive. They always provided clear concise instructions with backup plans necessary to perform operations confidently and to meet customer requirements. The work place culture was very professional, staff carried out their duties with great appreciation and support for one another. The hardest most challenging part of the job was when negotiating tight reverse driving in the dark of night with minimal lighting and in heavy continuous rain fall all night long. The most enjoyable part of the job was being self supervised and part of a professional team supportive environment.
Pros
Salary remuneration, Professional quality equipment and team work
Cons
na
Content and fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland4 July 2017
Working at Toll was a good experience for me. Of all workplaces I have experienced in, working at Toll has been one of the best experiences I have enjoyed working in due to the positive energy flowing & the amount of courage, hardwork & team work every employee has to offer.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Good hours.
It a fun workplace
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 July 2017
I learned how to load pmc and most of the cargo staff. Also the most important thing is team work and how to motivate other team members. Working at toll is not an easy job when it comes to long hours. I get bored waiting for the other units to come so that we can work.
Pros
Coffee is free andbreak is long
Cons
Starting time is not good for me
A great place to work
Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland17 May 2017
My current experience in warehousing allowed me to grow and learn more things I didn't know about in previous years of warehousing. I enjoy my working here because it has enabled me to look far a field into a more management role. I believe I have all the attributes to begin my professional career in management level.
Pros
Difficult to obtain permanency, long service is recommended
Cons
I do multiple tasks for others besides my own tasks
easy going atmosphere, workplace was great
Leading Freight Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand16 May 2017
i loved my job in New Zealand and management, i only furthered my knowlege within toll company such as courses with in toll. now have relocated to Australia melbourne its very hard t get into australian toll but understandable due to past new zealand workers destroying my chance of getting back in to toll to earn good money for my family but other than that toll is a great place to work.
Pros
workplace was good
working here like a big family
I am straight forward person and will solve the problem when I met.
Toll like a family. Colleagues are friendly. There is always solutions.
In the beginning of the month is more relaxed than the end of month.
Toll's payment term is the last working day of the month. So in the beginning of the month I normally do the suppliers reconciliation. In the middle of the month I will start prepare my Monthly payment run.
It normally takes two weeks to complete 6 Millions payment run.
In the end of the month is the payment process. We do it through Internet Banking. The accounts system we are using now is called " Unibis".
good work but very long hours
Supervisor / Fleet manager (Current Employee) –  auckland new zealand1 May 2017
Work starts 6:30am. While working i have acquire various skill like time management ,people management and microsoft excel,word ,project and spss and various other tools.people are friendly but long hours of work(65-70) makes job hectic.
Pros
heaps of overtime
Cons
work/life balance
great experience
scanner and picker (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland2 April 2017
starting of the month was very busy.i learned a lot the things i never used before like scanner and reach operating machine. and the management was awesome provided a great environment to work.
Pros
every second friday party
Cons
sometimes heavy lifting
By my working efficiency i always make my employer happy.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty23 January 2017
This is my passion to work as a mechanic so i always happy to do that work and i will satisfied with my work to employer and customers.
no-reply
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  dunedin12 July 2016
great team to work with/able to learn a lot in the delivery an loading side can be a hard job but you will work independently at most time
fast pace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 June 2016
freight sorting very fast paced environment. noisy and active with good and challenging duties. loading up vehicles and route was drivers job and to provide key service while maintaining in a timely fashion
Pros
work was certain
Cons
Fun environment with a great team
driver and trainer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 June 2016
sorting out freight for delivery learning to manage time having fun and enjoying a good days work with your mates. discussing how each other was doing in work and personal life made it a very open and friendly place to work for.
Pros
not being stuck in a warehouse
productive :)
Truck driver c5 (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury27 March 2016
no day at this company is ever the same
one day you could be doing metro deliveries the next day you could be doing an out of town job