Tower Insurance
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Tower Insurance Employee Reviews

New Zealand14 reviews
Always reprimanded for requesting time off, don't seem to understand their own mantra of "Life Happens". Hand out verbal warnings like candy..............
The atmosphere in the workplace is highly dependent on your Team or Manager. I know some people who are unhappy because of their boss. Personally, I had a great experience working with my team.
good supporting management and good work culture
-Typical day at work would assisting customers with insurance policies

-admin work

-Rosters are bit different
I work in a team of 5. It's fast paced where I review claims, conduct phone interviews, help claims handlers with their conversations with customers. Speak to external investigators, assessors and make informed decisions around the outcome of a claim, policy or the customer. I refer my recommendations to the correct team to manage from there
Had wonderful and supportive managers and team. I was able to progress in my career and also trained and guided my team and newcomers. Don't know much about the situation after the restructuring and change of senior management.
For the time I did work at Tower insurance I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, the staff I worked with were amazing people and we formed a great bond. During the time I was there I learnt a lot about the insurance industry as well as how it was to work in a corporate environment. However, I left as I believed there was no further advancement for current staff and it wasn't the career I wanted to pursue.
While at Tower, the company prioritised accountability of all staff members. It meant that good work was recognised and development options were often considered. One had the ability to be pro-active about learning about different roles in the business and training would often be offered between the departments. There was often a great deal of support and they I felt valued based on my personality and attitude as well as my professional achievements. .
Pros
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Cons
Little flexibility in shifts
Great opportunity to work as an earthquake claims consultant
Handling several aspects of the claims process:

Lodgements

Assessment bookings

Claims reviews

Report investigations

and finally settlement
An an amazing place to work with a huge multicultural atmosphere.
Company always places its employees at the heart of every major decisions. A typical day at work would involve coffee, emails, meetings, actually getting work done and some more meetings. Have had the opportunity to take a step up in my career when moving across from the vendor side and this has opened a world of learning opportunities, both technically and commercially. Excellent management who always have an open door policy and giving thoughts to your ideas. Guidance is always there when needed whether it may be work or personal decisions oriented. As it is a big organisation with people from all cultural backgrounds there are always activities to keep the team spirits high and people gelling as one. The hardest part about the job is sometimes the pressure to meet deadlines but that is also a challenge in itself and hence a part of the charm. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Pros
Location, salary, benefits, numerous work activities
Cons
Because it is an amazing place to work people do not often leave hence hindering growth at times.
nice and fun loving good team and very supportive team.environment is so nice.hardx to balance work n family life. That is all I can say.
Good thorough training. Friendly atmosphere. Colleagues always ready to help even if senior. Kind and considerate.Extra hours worked compensated by extra cash or day in lieu.
My role is insurance adviser, we providing advise to customers about their insurance needs. I am fresh in the insurance industry but I definitely learned a lot from my job with support from my colleagues and team leaders. The hardest part of the job is maintaining your sales target. The most enjoyable part is helping people in terms with their insurance needs.
Exciting role that allowed both personal & managerial development, with overall National responsibility for the implementation and development of an Internal assessing Team throughout New Zealand for both Fire & General Assessing and Motor Vehicle Assessing, incorporating also the review and control of all external Recommended Repair Industry & General Service Providers
I worked in a health and life insurance call centre in Auckland as a customer service representative.
The working hours were from 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday.

We worked in teams of 8 however each team made themselves available to help all their colleagues in the department when required which lead to a very happy confident team.

The management were also a great team who gained respect from their staff by treating them as equals and involving them in decision making and problem solving.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who called after receiving news of serious illnesses which were often terminal, this could be very upsetting for both the staff and the customers however we were trained in methods for coping with this and making the experience easier for the customer by our management team.

The most enjoyable part was most certainly the 'Morning Tea's' which took place every second Friday. This involved each staff member cooking a dish and bringing it into the office. The 'tea' was then shared amongst colleagues and I found it to be a great team building exercise and a great way for getting to know your colleagues!
Pros
the morning tea's, the social club, my colleagues.
Cons
the terminal illness phonecalls.