Tradestaff
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Tradestaff Employee Reviews

New Zealand33 reviews
Having just completed a pretrade course and unable to find work in my chosen field directly i utilized the services of tradestaff and found the consultants to be very friendly and very quick to offer work however as this is a temping agency you have to remember the Client calls the shots. I was on a three day gig and at the end of my first day i was told by the client that i had done a great job but as soon as i got home i received a text from their after hours branch and told that i was "no longer required" and from their own i was only getting scut work such as lifting GIB which is unsuitable for somebody my age. Lucky for myself no i managed to secure full time permanent employment (via my own means) in a different industry where you are valued and not treated as "surplus".
I loved the Tradestaff West branch, mainly the Branch Manager who gave a lot of effort to get a new assignment for me, that's awesome.
After resigning, they provided my holiday pay and Govt holiday pay straightway in the next pay circle
Really enjoy my time working at Tradestaff. Would recommend to all those looking for a new role or just wanting a change. Wide variety of roles available whilst working for an organisation that cares about health & Safety.
Pros
Short & Long Term Assignments, Market rates, Immediate starts
The guys in the office in Queenstown, New Zealand are lovely and very helpful.
If you go and do your very best on jobs, be on time, don’t be a hassle, work hard, always say yes to jobs from them. These guys will then sort you out with better jobs you want to do
They are a hiring firm that mostly fill positions for larger companies such as Fulton Hogan. Your work experience will vary drastically based on the experience that you bring to the table.
the work verity was good i love the fact i was outta the house and working i very much enjoyed the work task givin to me from tradestaff and the companys i was working for i learnt so much gain more confidence meet alot of mew friends
Pros
they supplied all ppe gear
Cons
not enough hours
Alot of moving around alot of different job sites. Pay varies according to experience. Good place to work for and grow to learn different things. Nice....
Tradestaff is an on call place to work, you can find full time jobs through tradestaff yet its not a definite, also its unreliable in the fact that you may not get work everyday of the week, pay day will vary.
tradestaff found my first work rather quickly for me.
they assessed my site safety and provided me with all necessary PPE.

they are also really helpful with any issue one might have
A good base to begin employment but perhaps not sustainable given the average wage for general labourers.
Although would recommend for skilled tradesmen
It was the best experience I´ve ever had. Although they are temporary jobs, the predisposition of the company to help me get jobs that were related to my search profile was excellent.
Pros
A lot of hours. Good payment. Good peolple and management
I enjoyed working on this company cause they give me what I want especially working in new project.eg They provide anything as long as it the safety equipment. they paid me in time. they give long hour work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Trade Staff was the agent that placed me with the first company I worked for in Christchurch. Consultant was friendly and always helpful. Work culture was as would be expected of a recruiting agency. Good communication. The negative was that they only would find me placements for a more junior mechanic, I needed the work so I went with them.
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Salary and job placements
I only worked at tradestaff only a couple of times as i fell pregnant with my son and i had to give up work at 16weeks pregnant as i was in and out of hospital.
its a good team to work with very heavy work at some points but good money good hours if your keen and there are diffrent jobs on site you will be a part of a good and organized team
Pros
.free lunches
Cons
good pay rates and positive working environment with on going employment was alright but i was more looking to be in something more permanent rather than temp
Pros
regulare brake interviles
Cons
long hours and constant phisicle manual labouring
Worked temporarily for them in Christchurch and they treated me great. They are one of the best companies that Ive been with
Pros
Excellent pay and culture
Cons
Lack of full time unskilled
Easy productive atmosphere with interesting work. There was varied locations with varied work. The instruction for projects was adequate and efficient.
Pros
travel bonuses
Cons
differant locations
Was overall awesome I loved the job the boss and respected the job we done had a lot of fun learning new things knowing how to dismantle scrap an sort precious metals
Pros
the traveling and hardwork
Cons
to long of distant traveling otherwise was great
Working with a positive outlook and living each day as Saturday with me joyful and creates a good vibe for the work place and team.

Learning every Day and growing by the second.

There isn't no easy or hard job that is to big or to small.

Living and learning and watch the business and yourself grow.
Pros
Meeting new people and learning new skills
Cons
not enough work
Its difficult labour but i enjoy the challenge, it is well run and the co workers were helpful when i started at a new site.