Travel + Leisure Co.

Travel + Leisure Co. Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

The culture is fabulous if you're 100% committed to the job

If you are looking to stick with the company everyone will support you in every way however, if you haven't fully committed the whole of your life to the company it will easily leave you feeling drained. Benefits are amazing if you're willing to dive in head first.

Pros

Vacation discounts, insurance

Cons

Terrible hours, no work-life balance, clique-y

What is the best part of working at the company?Short daysWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Negative environment What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile/negative sales environment

No carrier development in the company

No respect no development no one cares about the employees HR does not do anything work environment is stressful management does anything sit in there desk looking to computer searching for boats and there next vacations.

Pros

Cons

To many

Sales driven

Work from home but high pressure to make sales. Working with booking reservations to timeshare properties and so many calls are misrouted and nothing has been done to fix that

They Care

As long as you come to work willing and ready to tackle challenges, you'll be rewarded in so many ways. From relationships with coworkers to inclusivity activities and panels, you really feel cared for and valued in this company.

Liked the people I worked with, not the management

Did not see any opportunity for advancement. Long hours, annual increase was the basic 3% even though I was rated a very good and exceptionalPerformer.

Pros

Couple of days remote

Cons

Management does not help to grow or promote you in the department I worked

Uncapped earnings potential

The sky is the limit in this job. If you are a good communicator,, have a positive mindset, and are passionate about sales and empowering clients to do something special for themselves, then you will do well at this job. You have to love closing the deal to be successful. Cons are high turnover, high stress, and a bit of a boiler room work culture.

Don’t waste your time

Not the place to be if you want control over your future. Management decides where you are placed and doesn’t consider your feelings on the matter. Little to no training. If you don’t do well they will make it your fault. However, if you do well you can pretty much do whatever you want (literally). Harassment rampant in the company.

Find another company

You training is hard and short. They will throw you out on the floor not really knowing what you're doing. The base pay is horrible and making sales is impossible because our inventory is always limited.

Pros

Nice Benefits

Cons

Low Pay, Impossible training

What you'd expect from a Vacation Ownership Resort

Unfortunately time spent in guest services with be filled with entitled guests ready to berate you at the drop of a pen. Unclear communication between corporate offices and local resort management teams often leads to much discord at the resort. Staff here are second to none, and if you have a strong drive for costumer service and a lot of patience you can succeed, it's a wonderful team to be a part of just based on the relationships with coworkers. Unfortunately not a good fit for me longterm, but minus the barrage of angry guests with everything considered, I've enjoyed my time here.

Pros

Benefits, Coworkers, Pay

Cons

Miscommunication, lack of clear leadership in some departments, work-life balance

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Travel + Leisure Co.?

Used to be the best place to work...

I loved my company would do anything for them.. then things changed. They stopped valuing their employees and adopted the attitude of like it or lump it. Very sad.. our leaders forgot who makes this company successful.

Brand is great, parent company was difficult

Travel + Leisure is a fantastic brand to work for with a noble mission. However, since Meredith Corp took it over from Time Inc, T+L has been deprioritized. Meredith Corp has no respect for legacy Time brands, and treats the verticals that they acquired as burdensome. That attitude is felt throughout the corporate structure.

Pros

travel, great coworkers, interesting content

Cons

tightening budgets, no support from parent company

I only wrote one freelance article for them

Not sure why Indeed is making me review T&L to move forward - they were lovely to work with, but I only wrote one article for their digital platform so am not in a position to generalize

Travel and Leisure

Creator Engaging and Interactive Initiative and Imagine New Ideas Group Project On-Site/Premises Travel Travel The publication was really geared to an online digital market and was well presented with a specified target matter. Advancement and Social Networking super crucial to the success of the concept.

Pros

Media Perks

Cons

Time

Great place for learning the craft

Great place for learning the craft and a very well-run editorial and marketing operation. Excellent for travel and very balanced in terms of editorial/marketing crossover.

Pros

Loads of travel

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travel + Leisure Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Travel + Leisure Co.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?