Travelex
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Travelex Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Being able to greet people and converse on thier travels made the job enjoyable. Learning about other cultures and being trusted to handle thier monetary requests
Pros
Money exchange
Cons
night shifts
fun workplace with small team
Have been working with my current employer for last 7 years, work culture is great, learned time management, prioritizing work, dealing with various clients, mostly B2B.
I loved my job at Travelex fun to work there my boss was excellent
Selling foreign exchange cash and travellers cheques.
Balancing all money daily

Drafts, TT’s and overseas monies (Travelex products)

Processing Corporate Customers orders

Opening UK Bank accounts for customers.

Daily Banking

Making up all stationery packs required

Sending out daily exchange rates to Corporate Customers

Ordering Stationery.

Looking after all customer requests

Relieving at 120 Lambton Quay branch daily for 2 hours

I had done banking before for the BNZ, but only the cash side so I had to learn a lot more jobs ie drafts, tts, opening bank accounts

Saturday work was always so busy for one person to run

I loved working with my boss, we had a great repour, and the customers were great
Pros
Just the two of us in the kiosk, a very enjoyable job
Cons
Travelling 50km making it a 12 hour day, reason for leaving.
Professional environment
At Travelex a normal day you are required to meet daily company targets, Sell Travelex products and up/sell in every transaction you process. As a sales consultant you are subject to all customers from all walks of life from all cultures so adjusting your sales pitch to match a customer is key.

I have gained a lot of useful skills from being employed with Travelex such as Banking, Cash handling, effective problem solving, customer facing and up-selling skills. I enjoyed receiving monthly cash bonuses that were awarded to employees that achieved their targets and this would be placed together with your pay.

However when it came to management I can say that they were persistant as ever hassling employees to make product sales, asking consultants for their sales figures every hour, observing and putting consultants under pressure by constant assessments. I felt most days if I didn't make my daily targets I could be made unemployed because the pressure was so intense. I can also say apart from the pressure endured through the 1 year and 5 months that I was employed at Travelex the staff are very good they are supportive if a new employee needs help. If you enjoy a new challenge then maybe give Travelex a try but as for me it wasn't a environment for which I could grow internally.
Pros
discounted parking, monthly bonuses, competitive incentives
Cons
12hour shifts, mostly casual positions.