Travelex Employee Reviews

fun workplace with small team
Distribution Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 April 2017
Have been working with my current employer for last 7 years, work culture is great, learned time management, prioritizing work, dealing with various clients, mostly B2B.
I loved my job at Travelex fun to work there my boss was excellent
Worldwide Money Agent (Former Employee) –  Lambton Quay Wellington20 October 2013
Selling foreign exchange cash and travellers cheques.
Balancing all money daily
Drafts, TT’s and overseas monies (Travelex products)
Processing Corporate Customers orders
Opening UK Bank accounts for customers.
Daily Banking
Making up all stationery packs required
Sending out daily exchange rates to Corporate Customers
Ordering Stationery.
Looking after all customer requests
Relieving at 120 Lambton Quay branch daily for 2 hours
I had done banking before for the BNZ, but only the cash side so I had to learn a lot more jobs ie drafts, tts, opening bank accounts
Saturday work was always so busy for one person to run
I loved working with my boss, we had a great repour, and the customers were great
Pros
Just the two of us in the kiosk, a very enjoyable job
Cons
Travelling 50km making it a 12 hour day, reason for leaving.
Professional environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland international airport13 March 2013
At Travelex a normal day you are required to meet daily company targets, Sell Travelex products and up/sell in every transaction you process. As a sales consultant you are subject to all customers from all walks of life from all cultures so adjusting your sales pitch to match a customer is key.

I have gained a lot of useful skills from being employed with Travelex such as Banking, Cash handling, effective problem solving, customer facing and up-selling skills. I enjoyed receiving monthly cash bonuses that were awarded to employees that achieved their targets and this would be placed together with your pay.

However when it came to management I can say that they were persistant as ever hassling employees to make product sales, asking consultants for their sales figures every hour, observing and putting consultants under pressure by constant assessments. I felt most days if I didn't make my daily targets I could be made unemployed because the pressure was so intense. I can also say apart from the pressure endured through the 1 year and 5 months that I was employed at Travelex the staff are very good they are supportive if a new employee needs help. If you enjoy a new challenge then maybe give Travelex a try but as for me it wasn't a environment for which I could grow internally.
Pros
discounted parking, monthly bonuses, competitive incentives
Cons
12hour shifts, mostly casual positions.